Posts by fdsaevad

and you can't get the clean sense to affect the reamp?

and best way to match levels is by eye and the spdif volume in the output? for me it's -1.5dB

... i'm trying to level guitars by reamping them, but the reamp pushes new track back half a millisecond. best way to avoid it is to reamp the track again but with original profile, so the reamp is aligned and there's no weird phase effect (too hard to match the waveforms up, and the reamp exactly aligns the two).

however, i can't reamp the original track EXACTLY as it was, because the clean sense doesn't come into play?

cool. before this gator pick i was using a small surfboard hand crafted by west coast guatemala natives. stolen, unfortunately.

for the record, i don't want the extra clipping - the 'stack' side comes in fine (adjustable by the volume knob), it's just the 'guit' of the spdif input channel that's clipping, and it's unfortunate there's no way around it without changing the sound. on this morning's tune, with a dif; profile, i've got the clean/dirt at 3 and 7 oclock respectively... which isn't clipping at all because i don't have to hammer it like a mofo...

anyway, saw somewhere announced at namm there's a firmware update? i lament the fact you kids didn't bother with update 2.2.2, because that number would've suggested i am the very path God intended for me at the beginning of time. 2.3.0 just means i have to work a little harder, no biggie.

let me tell you something buddy, i play with a 1.5 gater pick, heaviest strings imaginable, and i hammer my guitar's punk ass til something bleeds or somebody dies.

i like my clean sense 4 lights to the right, and my distortion sense 4 lights to the left, but when i track, i'm clipping my dry input.

i'm not changing that sound, i spent 14 years looking for it, but if i ever need to reamp i'm going to fly to kempers house and we're going to have a chat on why there's no spdif volume on this thing. i mean, COMMON.

So I play a worn SG with whatever stock humbucker pickups. I put the clean sense halfway to the right from the middle, and the distortion sense all the way to the left. I was like 'WHOA', now I love every single (ampfactory) profile I own. I hated the over riding fuzz that previously was on a lot of profiles

Is this just personal preference, or are the senses as fundamental to shaping your tone as the gain/eq knobs for each profile? Nobody told me, now I've got a brand new kemper again. You guys should stress their importance in the manual's intro paragraph, especially if it varies depending on different pickups

The clean sense is like a finer mid, and the distortion sense is like a finer gain, but affecting the sound in a way that almost sounds like you're moving the mic around, and they have to be modified with each profile like the amps eq

thanks.

... i know how to turn off the stomp section, but i don't know what the lock button is doing when i then press and hold it.

... nothing apparently, as the stomp section turns on again when i switch profiles, as is the default applied stomp for that profile.

thanks!

i've got profiles that come with some stomps on. when i'm going through, i have to take them off before i can hear what the profile really sounds like.

any way to turn all stomps off permanently unless i push one?

i'm using the free ones from amp factory, the only ones i've tried so far... the ampeg ones.

any good ones on the rig exchange? any good commercial ones?

thanks

my beef with the clean sense was that it affected both dry and stack sound. sure it turned it down the db, but also changed the sound. (tbh i didn't bother messing with the gain on the amp after changing the clean sense to see the difference)

i put a gain plug on the guit insert, so that the dry track was recorded with the printed effect of reduced gain. if need to be reamped, i put another plug and up the gain again if necessary, or whatever works. shouldn't be that big of a deal, but i'd rather deal with that than clipping and or an unpreferred stack sound when tracking.

i want to pick it really hard, peaks out.

only thing i can think of, other than the clean sense which affects the sound of the stack, is to put a gain plug on the 'guit' input on the daw, and lower the gain before it gets recorded. no n00b likes to 'print a effect' onto the track, and i don't know how that affect the eventual reamp.

has to be another way

where is that exactly in the output section? far as i can see, there's just the one on page 5, and that only affects the stack. i could take a picture to show you

unless i've got it set up wrong somehow

... adjusting clean sense turns it down but also affects and turns down the stack side sound too.

i'm recording bass

ya, i'd like to see a rating system like the charts, based on yay or nay.

have a weekly, monthly and all-time greatest profiles... maybe have sub categories of clean, high gain, whatever else.

... because otherwise all these profile uploads are useless, nobody's going to randomly go through 200 pages. a rating system would be good motivation for profilers and easy access for newcomers looking for sweet sounds with their new toy.

thanks...

one of the cords was shot.

here's another question:

is there a way to adjust the wet/dry mix of the stomp loop? like if i have a loop setup but just want 40% of it in the sound coming out the s/pdif

... is there also a way to setup so that the loop stomp can be hit on every profile? such a pain to set that up, just skimming through to see how a certain pedal sounds on different profiles

thanks

thanks

.... i'm trying to add some hardware pedals, so i put one of the stomps as 'loop default mono', but the sound stops when i turn on the stomp. i have a line going from direct out, and then back into return input

i'm reamping from s/pdif, have everything setup properly otherwise.