Posts by fdsaevad

i have tried every combination of every hardware/software knob/fader to rid the click, and it goes away occasionally.

this suggests to me the possibility of two things:

- i recorded it too hot (through the babyface hi-z before i got the kemper). doubt it.
    - so.... i should start reading the manual. :thumbdown:

asdf

besides that, i'm wondering how i go about adding my pedals in front of some of the clean amp profiles.

thanks!

hi, just trying to setup my system, S/PDIF through a babyface and studio one.

managed to get the reamp working without feedback, but i hear clicking, and if i turn up 'AS2' in TotalMix Hardware Inputs I get feedback, or AN1/2 in software playback. Also, if I turn the S/PDIF output to 'Stack, Mod Stereo, or Master Stereo' I get feedback.

... two of them for $150, to go i/o of the optical spdif of my RME babyface.

... but I would like to record the wet/dry, and be able to reamp, I guess using analog then.

Is this possible?

How (exactly) would I set this up, keeping in mind I am virtually a braindead idiot?

Many thanks in advance!

hi, thanks for all the input everybody.

I have an RME Babyface, and the optical s/pdif i/o isn't compatible with the kemper coax (spdif)/analog (direct out/sent), and I haven't had a chance to buy converters yet, for either the coax for the spdif or the analog for the direct out. And I probably won't be able to until next Tues.

So trying to set my system up using only the Babyface's analog Line i/o. I want to record the wet and dry, and be able to reamp. (i realize the issue with multiple conversions going the analog route, yadda yadda yadda).

So far, I've got

Main Output - Master Left
    Direct Output - Master Right
    (I'm hoping that'll take care of the wet/dry recording. i can't test it because i forgot my guitar at work)

Then I take a line out cord out of my right studio monitor, and put it into the kemper input so i can reamp, and get some craaaaaaaaaazy feedback.

I assume the answer to this involves the TotalMix and/or setup with my DAW (studio one), but i'm just a guitarist - this kind of stuff is beyond my pay grade. (also, if somebody knows how i reset my babyface back down to 44.1 khz from the 96 where it is now, i'd appreciate it).

many thanks in advance.

i appreciate that. i'll probably go spdif. i haven't tried recording with it yet, have to wait til after christmas

i'm just curious why it's limited to 44.1

... i guess the axefx converts to 48. not that big of a deal. i guess in my mind i relate bad conversion with 44.1. not sure if you can have GREAT converters that are limited to 44.1. are they the BEST 44.1 converters ever made? or is 44.1 conversion just 44.1 conversion? majority of us are only going to use this thing for direct input... and with all the hype, surely we'd pay more (although i understand the need to cut corners to come in way below the axefx).

edit: sorry ingolf, if i'm going spdif with the wet signal into the babyface, how can i get a dry signal in at the same time? the direct output/send? .... into the hi-z?

also, ingolf, can you explain this line:

"The real benefit of the S/PDIF connections is when reamping. Normally you will have to deal with at least a bit of noise and signal loss. S/PDIF avoids a D/A-A/D conversion and any noise/interference that an analog signal can pick up. It also has a lower latency."

... it has to be converted at some point, being an analog signal coming from my guitar, and i think if i go spdif i'd be using the converters in the kemper and bypassing the RME converters, which is what they're known for.

does the kemper convert better than the RME babyface? i don't think so, given it's limited to 44.1 and the babyface is capable of 192.

so then, if i want better conversion, i should be going main outs on the kemper to the line-ins on the babyface, ya?

EDIT: i'm not dissing kemper or trying to cause grief, i'm just inquiring and looking for answers, i appreciate you taking the time to respond!

the babyface has optical spdif i/o, hi-z input, and line i/o.

can somebody just tell me where to put what cords for the best possible quality simultaneous wet/dry recording? thanks!

... is there a reason the spdif only outputs at 44.1khz? i know about the sample rate debate, anybody else have an issue with being limited to 44.1? and why is it an rca jack when everything else is optical? are rca/optical spdif cords easy to acquire?

is the main outs on the kemper compatible with the line-ins on the babyface, and would that get me a better quality wet signal? does the direct out give a better quality sound than the spdif?

just looking for the best possible sound - can't get set up or start messing with the thing until after all this christmas crap.

my apologies as i'm sure this has been asked over 400 times, but the manual doesn't really give specifics and my internet searching hasn't helped. if there's another thread or sticky, i'd appreciate it

i have a rme babyface interface.

i don't want to direct input at 44.1khz (spdif), so i'd be using the L/R main outs from the kemper into the L/R line-in on the babyface? that way it'd be using the babyface converters and can go at 96? i don't have much technical know-how

and how would i go about setting up a dry track for later reamp? (i assume the direct out but... would that go into the hi-z input on the babyface?)

thanks