Posts by fdsaevad

i have a babyface, studio one, and win 7

i want to reamp.

the i/o setup i have in my songs does not work today the same as they did yesterday.

i have done something either in the the Total Mix thing, or in the windows default playback/recording thing. (.... of which everything is on, or cranked, in both, after literally hours of messing around).

dry track going to sub1, which outputs to ADAT3

empty track, armed and ready, input on ADAT2

kemper, NOTHING CHANGED (input spdif input reamp, ouptut git/stack)

............. for some reason, i can hear my bass when plugged in even though the input is set to spdif input reamp.... the left side of the spdif (adat1) is outputing. .... ?

anyway, i can't get it to work after hours, and i've drank a **** of a lot trying to get it to work, and now i must go out to find somebody to fight to the death with.

if anybody has any suggestions, i would gladly try it, i've ruined my one and only day to remix this one tune, and it has been quite disappointing.

edit: through no fault of kemper, i'm quite sure. somehow, either in the totalmix or the win7 my routing has become tangled, and i'm just too dumb to figure it out.

cool thanks. it was a quick setup, next time i'll really set out to resolve the issue.

on a side note, i don't see the point in a dedicated monitor that gives a flat response to hear the kemper sound accurately.

wouldn't you want to hear what the kids are hearing, so you can adjust it accordingly?

cool if you're only using that speaker and it's not mic'd, otherwise i'd say forget it, give me the sound that's going out there so i know.

beats me. no noise gate, but i turn the guitar up on a high gain ampfactory profile just a little bit and it'd feedback, so i don't know if it was feedback in the conventional sense. i turn the gain down, it'd stop feeding back.

LOVE kemper through spdif for recording. saved my life more than jesus ever could've.

played through a p.a. the other day, noticed two things:

- the high gain profiles gave me feedback no matter what.
    - couldn't get the delay or reverb post effects to work... the x/mod did tho.

it was a university bar stage, monitors cranked, but just too much. feeback.

also, how hard can it be to profile all the other studio hardware?

prob have to have a separate unit for it, designed for that kind of application, where you could have 24 i/o's, and 24 corresponding profile slots. so between the 2 kempers, and maybe vms if it's any good, you have a full out studio for 6g.

lets get on that.

for putting an end to my 10 year search

and giving me EVERY SOUND IMAGINABLE in the reamp/layering process.

i just sit here reamp/layer for the rest of my life, i'd consider it a fulfilling and complete existence.

steves had a toaster on their website, i called the toronto store, they sad it was in montreal, only one in canada, do you want to ship it to toronto. i said ya, arrived dec 23. pretty much divorced my wife since then

anyway, got resolved with a mass reboot of all parties.

... still can't get a preview or export, nothing changes when the usb cord is plugged in

when i boot up the kemper with the usb cord in, it's in a constant reboot mode, cycles the intro boot up over and over. i take out the ubs cord, it boots normaL.

and now the sound on my computer has this metalic sound, and i know from previous experience i have to reboot my computer for it to be fixed.

i don't know what this is, but it's pre 2.3 update.

k, got a usb cable.

... right click a rig in manager, still can't highlight the preview option. figure i have to reboot one or the other, or both, do that later.

anyway, can i then load rigs outside the exchange through it? just got the vintage pack, wouldn't mind not having to lean over to take out the cord and put in the usb stick, thanks

would've saved a day or two during the mixing process is all i'm saying

plus once you start layering guitars, there goes your ability to have you album sound on the road.

k maybe just two profiles. that'd be enough. the profiles are what, 8kb, how much processing power can they possibly use. they just have to adjust the setup a bit, take me a weekend, no prob.

Damn. Seems like I have to invest in a new interface with S/PDIF then. Thanks for the info guys!

make sure you don't get one with optical spdif i/o's, unless you want to blow an additional 150 on converters/wires. (coax to optical converter, and optical to coax converter, and the 4 wires.

what if the kemper had a 'multi rig mode' , with 4 possible rig slots, that layered the rigs before being sent into the daw? each rig would be adjustable like how they are now, and you could turn on/off rig slots etc.

in the multi rig mode main page, each rig volume would be adjustable, and then you can click on the different rigs to adjust their separate profiles, as you can now with the single profile.

then you can save multi rigs profiles, which load up the 2-4 profiles you used, even if you no longer have the individual profiles still on your kemper.

it'd be nice mr kemp, because it'd eliminate the majority of the need to reamp, just to see how the different profiles sound together, after you finish tracking the song.

... which i'm about to do, once i go into mixing stage. ......... unless there's an easier way to layer? i figure i have to reamp a chunk of the original profile with 'constant latency' on, then reamp it with a bunch more different profiles, just to see how they're going to sound. ... then once i find a nice tone, reamp the entire tracks. hour or two at least per tune... whereas, with multi rig mode, i do that quick on the fly before even tracking. ... if something doesn't fit during the mixing phase, i just pop in the multi rig profile, adjust it, reamp it one time.

ya?

We

That depends entirely on the quality of your D/A converters. The S/PDIF output should have a better quality because you avoid one D/A conversion.

when i first got mine i tested it and concluded the s/pdif does have better quality than any other output, using a babyface. if anybody is wondering

the extra conversion does degrade the signal slightly.

(if you're recording from any other source other than the spdif, the signal must be converted into analog in the kemper, and back to digital by your interface. compared to it just staying in digital coming out of the kemper spdif into your interface).