Posts by zeus1356

I've browsed this forum and wiki and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize if this has been covered already for this specific example -

I have a Mesa Dual Rec Head and Mesa Cab. I would like my Power Rack Profiler to take the place of the Mesa head. So I would like to profile the preamp and power amp section of the Mesa head. Do I need to run a dummy load for this? Or is there a different way I should do this?

Can I expect to hear the exact same tone (or pretty close) coming from the KPA Power Rack -> Mesa Cab as compared to my Mesa Head -> Mesa Cab?

Thanks.

So I received the CLR in the mail yesterday. I guess I have a lot of getting used to the FRFR sound... it seems so dull to me compared to my typical amp. The highs are muffled, and it seems like the frequencies are so much more narrow compared to playing a regular amp.

The clean tones however sound incredible. It's the distortion tones that sound vastly different.

I was on the rig exchange for 2 hours playing several different profiles last night and almost all of the distortion tones had similar characteristics.

Perhaps this is the "paradigm shift" that everyone speaks of. And probably what I'm hearing come out of the CLR is what the told would sound like on a recording. But it just seems so unusual. After spending over $3K on the Kemper and CLR I was hoping to be totally blown away, and that certainly has not happened.

I don't mean to offend anyone in this post, and I certainly will tweak the hell out of my sound to try and become more satisfied. But I just wanted to share my opinion. Thanks.

I have the rack version. While I think the head would be much more convenient, I believe the rack is more secure. If you are playing shows a few times a month, having your KPA in a secure rackmount case when loading and unloading gear or transporting gear brings more peace of mind. The head can fit in a rack case as well, but it would make more sense to just get the rack version then. But, if you are not using it for performances, the head is definitely the best.

Just ordered a passive Atomic CLR because I have a powered rack. I've read in the forum that the active CLR can produce better sound than the passive, because the active CLR power amp is optimized for that specific unit. However, the built in Kemper power amp is also of very high quality.

What kind of results can I expect from this passive version vs. the active version? Are there any tips for getting the most out of the passive version?

Thanks.

So if you purchase the passive CLR, during live playing, will there be any issues running the powered signal to your CLR and an unpowered signal to the sound board?

Also, does the passive CLR come with the same tone controls as the active CLR? I couldn't find that information on the Atomic website.

I'm using a Gibson Explorer (real Gibson, not Epiphone) and I have the ru Sirius lead profile and crunch profile. I am using Jazz III picks. I don't know, I guess I haven't found the sweet spot on my Kemper yet. The tones are good, but they aren't blowing me away by any means. I'm running a power rack through a Mesa 4x12 cab. At practice I play with another guitarist who has a Dual Rec into a Mesa cab and his tone is much more vibrant, dynamic, and sweet sounding than mine. It could just be a matter of tweaking my settings more though.

I'm thinking of buying a CLR to try the FRFR route and see if I like my results better.

Hi All,

I purchased the Gator 4U Bag Rack (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GRB4/) for my Kemper power rack. I also have a power conditioner in it. The idea was to sling the bag over my shoulder and bring to practice everyday. However it's not as convenient as I thought it would be. The strap isn't very long or sturdy, and it's heavier than I expected.

My question is, what type of rack case do you all use? Those of you with the rack version of KPA. My second choice was going to be Gator GR-4S but I heard it is hard to screw the KPA in there.

Hi everyone, my name is Zach. I just received my new Kemper Power Rack yesterday, and I've been having a lot of fun with it!

I've done a lot of research to lead me to buying the Kemper. I posted in the "questions & answers" section because this is not only an introductory thread but also a thread with a few questions.

I will be using the Kemper at home for practice. I have a pair of M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Active Studio Monitor Speakers. They sound ok with the Kemper, but I'm sure I can get better tones through something else. Since my rack is powered, what speakers at home would give me the best tone?

I also plan to bring the Kemper to band practice, and I plan to use the traditional power amp -> cab setup. Should I just disable the cab sim on the tones when using this setup? I understand my cab (Mesa 4x 12) will have a big effect on the tone. Will I still get pretty good tones using this? Or are most of the tones made for use with cab sims and PA speakers?

I apologize if these have been asked before - I wasn't able to come across these answers in the forum.

Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to being a member of this awesome community!

Zach