Posts by st1543

just keep in mind that Pure Cabinet is adaptive, it doesn't do the same sounding thing to all profiles (like an EQ would)
    if you prefer it off, great, although in your example, personally I would prefer to have the sound with Pure Cab on 5 as a basis for a mix - that and a well tuned guitar, hehe ;) just keep an open mind and try Pure Cab once in a while.
    to me it's one of the coolest things available anywhere, together with the Definition and Clarity parameters

That's the problem with the EQ - I have to set it up for each profile differently and I would only do that using a DAW(-plugin).
    I prefer it turned off for recording, but for practising, live performances - monitoring - it's great and I will keep using it (about level 4).
    I played with treble+presence to obtain brilliancy, but I havent't played with definition and clarity in combination with PC yet - I will try ;)

I found another config - deleted this and the other one using the defaults command:

defaults delete ~/Library/Preferences/de.RigManager.Kemper Amps.plist
    defaults delete ~/Library/Preferences/com.kempermusic.rigmanager.plist

Also deleted the other local files:
    rm -rf Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps/RigManager

And the Initial DB which gets installed if there is no one in Application Support:
    sudo rm /Applications/Rig\ Manager.app/Contents/Resources/RigExchange.db

REBOOTED (As I learned above, MacOS keeps a copy of configs in memory || )

Started Rig Manager and it finally asked me for my login data and started syncing!
    Now Rig Manager is up to date again!!!!! :thumbup:

After that I restored the initial db:
    sudo cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kemper\ Amps/RigManager/RigExchange.db /Applications/Rig\ Manager.app/Contents/Resources

I still don't know what the problem was, but now I have two new files in ~/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps/RigManager:
    RigExchange.xml and RigExchangePriv.xml
    These weren't created when I last removed this directory ...

Now when I start Rig Manager and open Rig Exchange I see the message "Downloading Rigs" in my status bar again :thumbup:

I also did a small test using a high gain profile to compare Pure Cab and the "old way" of EQing out over-represented frequencies:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My result: Pure Cab is really great for monitoring - for recording I prefer the old way, because it's more open and crispy and has less "brizzling"

Since last time it helped at Rig Manager for Windows deleting my local copy of Rig Exchange. Now I tried this again, but it didn't work anymore (see How to reset Rig Manager for MacOS?)

Arne from Kemper Amps told me it could be a timeout problem caused by slow servers of Rig Exchange - I have this problem since at least monday, so I don't think that this is the problem. Still showing 6332 rigs (delivered with RM as I know now) - last one uploaded 2015-06-30 ...

I see some rigs in my Rig Exchange folder in RM created at 2015-08-29(uploaded 2015-05-03) - but if that's the problem, more users would experience it ...?

Also I don't get a message like "Requesting rig list" ...

Anyone any ideas? :)

Thanks for your reply - now I know a bit more :)

But it is still strange that the server isn't responding since this afternoon - also there is no message in the status bar saying that it tries to connect (I think I saw something like that some time ago)

Hello,

I'm using MacOS 10.10 and Rig Manager 1.3.5.(updated today to 1.5.11 after experiencing the following problem, which changed nothing)

Actually Rig Manager doesn't get new Rigs from Rig Exchange anymore.

In Windows I had this issue and deleted all local Files of Rig Manager to solve the problem but in MacOS this doesn't work ...

I found and deleted following files and folders:

~/Documents/Kemper Amps
    ~/Library/Application Support/Kemper Amps
    ~/Library/Caches/com.kempermusic.rigmanager
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.kempermusic.rigmanager.plist

What did I miss?
    After deleting these files, Rig Exchange shows the same rigs as before without having to sync anything and even remembers my login data ...

Btw. log-file says:

Location added: Local Library
    Location added: Local Library
    Location added: Rig Exchange
    RigExchange Connect Execute started, private=0
    Connect command returned error 0
    Location vanished: Rig Exchange
    Location vanished: Local Library
    Location vanished: Local Library