Posts by rdamato

I'm the Kemper distributor in South Africa...I DON'T have a Remote for myself, I'll get one after April 27th.

You received an e mail telling you "Sometime After April 27th"...so why did you phone the person who sent you the e mail 3 times, what do you expect him to tell that he hasn't already told you in the e mail he sent you?

Stop complaining....
    Really???? That's your response?? I guess in South Africa it's cool to not respond to customers when they have an issue, wether the conversation will be pleasant or not.

By now, many of you have read my thread regarding Kemper's decision to withold inventory to online retailers: (Sweetwater). To review, I attempted to place my order through the Kemper US storefront, but become concerned because at the time, I was being chrges VAT. With that, I immediately called my rep at Sweetwater and was told thet yes, Kemper informed them that they would be supplying inventory to them and with that, I had the #2 place on the waiting list.

Fast forward to the thread in which I informed the fellow forumites that Sweetwater would not be selling the remote.

After that, 2 things occurred:

1) I was assured by Kemper, via this forum, that all who had ordered through Sweetwater would be given priority and intergrated into the early delivery process. Pretty fair, right?
    2) I recieved an email from Matthew Skaggs of Kemper USA to inform me that me remote would be delivered "Sometime After April 27th".

To me, That did not seem equitable. Since that email, I have tried 3 times to contact Mr Skaggs via telephone and have left 3 voicemails asking for a return call to discuss my delivery date. Thus far.........Silence.

Many forum members defended CK saying that it was clearly stated that only Kemper would sell the remote. I have dealt with my rep at Sweetwater for 6 years and have never once felt that I was being taken advantage of or being told a fabrication. For me, his word is golden.

Regarding Kemper, I have only this transaction to form an opinion and that opinion is that Kemper should get an education in customer service. :)

Enjoy the weekend
    Ron

All: Based on mine and others with Sweetwater, I must believe that they were told by Kemper that THEY WOULD be selling the remote. If that isnt the case, please CK, speak up and set the record straight. If it is, set the record straight. I love my KPA and want a remote. That hasn't changed. What has however, is the "Warm and Fuzzy" feeling I used to have about Kemper. Perhaps that sounds naive, but it's now just another gear company.

BTW, I still have not heard back from Kemper since last Friday.
    Ron

All
    I received an email from Sweetwater on Friday, explaining that they have been informed by Kemper that remotes will only be sold direct. Although I was on the early bird list from Kemper, I chose to order from Sweetwater because at the time, the Kemper US store was not functioning properly. At the time of my order, I was #2 in the queue for the remote. I have since re-ordered from Kemper and have a delivery estimate of sometime in June!!!!

That, to me, does not seem reasonable. I sent an email to Kemper on Friday and have not yet received a reply.

Best
    Ron

Hi All:

I played another gig last night with my KPA and am more enamored of the technology than ever before. That said, I'm still in search of a Voxy profile to use when covering Tom Petty and such. Something chimey and airy with little compression. I'm a big supporter and user of TAF profilers, but all seem a bit too "overdriven" for this particular need. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BTW, my tube snob lead guitarist has finally decided that for our cover band needs, nothing can cover as much sonic territory as the KPA. Great product!!! :thumbup:

Enjoy your Sunday, we're waiting for more snow!!

Ron

Where from Sweetwater did you order? I was told they didn't know about it yet and it's not on their site

I spoke with Kent Sallaz, my rep, and he said that the sales staff has been informed of a Q1 delivery and a $599.00 US price point. For me , it's a no brainer. No shipping or tax.
    The > $100.00 V.A.T. when buying from Kemper was the deal breaker for me.