Posts by Amaze-B

Here's another one in Japanese about the Remote in general. Really love the Single Cable connection... But again, in Japanese:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good video from NAMM of CK himself describing the KPA for newbies. Scroll to 3:30 to check out the Remote:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's another NAMM video... No demo of the remote, though they start talking about it at about 3:06. However, there is a good demo of the direct signal without the speaker cab:

External Content m.youtube.com

Here's yet another video... nothing new here, but thought I'd share anyway:

Let's post all Kemper Remote vids as we find them! I will post them as they come in starting at the top of this thread.

Another review of and thoughts on the Remote - nice job Tony Mckenzie!:

Here's the latest review and walkthrough - thanks Skyhighrocks:

Here are the first videos from NAMM 2015...

Here's a video demonstrating Looper functionality:

One big plus for me is that the effects will be color-coded to match the background color on the KPA. I read that in the manual and thought that is what was missing for me when using the HD500 as a midi controller. It's helpful to know what effects are available as stomps. Downside for me is the lack of a built in expression pedal... At least have a volume pedal, no? But I get the lack of space for the volume pedal if they designed it to fit in the same bag as the KPA.

Here's a question I don't see being addressed: is Kemper at NAMM 2015 this year? I haven't heard or seen anything regarding the KFC. It would be great to know if we can expect its debut at NAMM, or if we should hope that it comes in the form of an announcement on their web page.

Haha, no I don't work for them. But, I think the product looks promising and I'm curious as to what the KPA community thinks of it. I'm not very technical, but I don't know enough about the quality of the LV2 plugin. I was also wondering what the community thought of the quality of the plugins compared to analog stomp boxes.

My concern with LV2 is really that there doesn't seem to much out there compared with VST. The KPA community is huge and there are just so many profiles available, whereas the Mod Quadra community seems very small. Anyway, this reminded me of the KPA and thought other people might be interested in getting one too!

Hey guys, I was wondering if you think this new infinitely expandable pedal might be a nice addition to a rig with a KPA.

Mod Duo Pedal

I kind of see it as a KPA for effects, but I'm not sure about the LV2 plugin standard. I can see the Mod Duo as a nice add-on to my KPA setup where additional effects might be useful. What do you guys think?

The only difference is as these fine gentlemen pointed out - if you use powered monitors, then you won't need the power amp. If you are using plain old speakers with no power source, then you will need the KPA with poweramp, OR, you can power the speakers with a separate amplifier and just use the KPA without a power amp. The poweramp literally provides power to speakers. So, there's a lot of talk about which Cabs to use with the KPA.

If you are playing live, however, you need to consider how the KPA is going to be used. You can use the KPA without poweramp (aka, "the lunchbox") and then plug into a regular guitar amp, but that will color the tone and you won't get exactly what you're looking for. IF, however, you use a powered monitor (FRFR - full range flat response) that you would use for a keyboard or for just vocals, then you can use the non-powered KPA lunchbox. Or, you can use the KPA with poweramp and plug into speaker cabs. OR, you can use the KPA lunchbox and plug directly into the house system, which you can then hear through the house speakers and/or monitors.

I used to use the HD500, too, and I can say that the KPA has much better tone and definitely better dynamic response. I actually use my HD500 as a midi controller for my KPA now, and if I have to, I will use my HD500 in cases when my KPA isn't necessary. Have fun!

This is amazing news! And the fact that it's going to be freely offered to the KPA community is pretty amazing - thanks MW! Can't wait to hear about the "big news" that MW himself described! I mean, what is bigger than free MW profiles? Maybe World Peace?! :D

while we never announced a release date for the MW rig pack, it's true nonetheless, that we had anticipated the rig pack to be released earlier.

the rigs however are absolutely fine :) , no worries there, it's more a culmination of minor 'housekeeping' issues, nothing serious, just time-consuming.

we're back on track - thanks everybody for being so patient. :)

Great to hear! How's this for responsiveness from the Kemper team? You go, Don and MW! We can't wait to hear how the rigs sound!

I'm quite satisfied with Kemper's responsiveness to the customer base. I put in a question about a hissing noise coming from my unit and CK himself responded within a week. It was quite impressive to me. I'm hoping that the Wagener Rig Pack comes out soon, too, but as others have said, it's not like anything is truly missing in my life as there are so many other amazing tones still left to explore.

Thanks Paul, I have been setting the midi value to "127" for Bank A and it saves fine on the HD500. It works perfectly until I actually switch profiles to the one I want with Bank A on. When I switch it to that profile, the light for Bank A on the HD500 is on (just as it's supposed to be with a 127 midi value), but the Bank A stomp on the KPA is NOT on. I'm thinking now that maybe it's because when I save the profile on the KPA, it's set to have Bank A on, but when I call the profile up on the HD500, it's telling it to turn off Bank A now?

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is this: in order to get Bank A to be on every time I switch to this profile, do I have to have Bank A on the HD500 set to 127 and the KPA Bank A to be OFF? Because when I have Bank A on the HD500 set to midi 127 and Bank A on the KPA set to on, it doesn't work for me... (in that case, the HD500 light is on, but Bank A on the KPA is NOT on).