Posts by joshmontesx

Hey Sambrox, I did the non dithered version through all of my speakers and that 0.2db wasn't noticeable but on the other hand I think Nakedzen is right, I believe there's a problem with studio one rendering the song into the master project page because I did re-rendered one song and it turned out fine and ended up on -0.7db TP after dithering, must have been a glitch. My OCD is going to kill me if any of the tracks is above 0db. I'm going to re-render all of them and see how it turns out.

Ps. I was thinking about getting Slates Master Limiter, I have Waves L316 and Ozones but now I might check out the ToneBoosters Limiter.

Thanks - Josh

I've been mixing and mastering songs for awhile now and I've never ran into this.

My limiter ceiling is set to -0.7db and my song is rms & lufs at -6.6db which is usually the target range I like for progressive deathcore.

But when the Dither is engaged before I mix down it causes the song to hit 0.2db TP once in the song.

Is there anyway to get it back to -0.7db without lowering the songs rms & lufs?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks - Josh

Kemper family! Hope you guys are enjoying your Labor Day! About to release a track called corruption in about a month but wanted to get some insight and your thoughts before I finish. Here's where i'm headed with the track. Just started laying down some vocal tracks but I snuck one so you get an idea of what the vox are going to sound like.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be great appreciated.

Thanks

How an 8 string is more than just bass chugs! All guitars were played through amps I cloned.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy! :D

Ash, thank you so much!
    I live in a city where DJ-ing is popular and real musicians are rare.
    So it means alot hearing any feedback from another musician that plays in a low tuning as well.
    More players should take Olas advice. I try to write in different modes and shapes instead of opens and ones. lol

Once again Thank you so much!

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on my first EP.

I play in drop E and use my Kemper and panned the an Archon 100% Left and a Morgan 100% Right.

Here's a track that i'm currently working on. I would appreciate any constructive feedback.

Thanks - Josh! :D

External Content soundcloud.com

What were some of the problems you ran into when using ts stereo to ts stereo with the midi raider? I'm using ts stereo to ts stereo and my pedal doesn't go down to vaule 0 and quickly shoots to vaule 127 even when I save it on the midi raider as 127 to 0, so when I use the volume pedal it doesn't completely cut down to 0 or when I use the expression pedal for the wah, the pedal doesn't wah properly, it seems to be phasing on its own. Was there anything like this happening with you?
    Thanks

Has anyone tried to use the the Ep1-Kp pedal directly into the Roctron Midi Raider pedal inputs 1 & 2 instead of running 2 long cables into the back of the kemper pedal inputs? I'm trying to cut down on running a lot of long cables from the pedal board to the kemper and just make it the midi raider midi cable the only long cable running into it. I can't find any videos on how to set it up with the midi raider or anything. Thanks

I fixed it by turning the kemper off and holding the system button while starting it back on to reset my system configuration. My rigs were still saved but I had to redo my name and etc not a big deal. The store snapshot works great now. I still will never truly know what could of cause this from happening but all is well. Thanks.

I've had the Kemper for a few months and love it more than the Axe Fx II that I use to have. I ran into a problem with the Store Snapshot soft button on the display. It used to save snapshots with just a touch of the snapshot button but all of a sudden it stopped working. When I use the soft button on the display for Store Snapshot it sends me straight to Rig Management located on page 8 in the soft button named System. Every time! It can't save a snapshot! None of the buttons are locked and everything else works fine. Anyone else ran into this problem or if anyone can help? Thanks