Posts by SwAn1

Hi,
    I'm looking for typical Bruce Springsteen Rock Sound and specifically for the Bruce's Solo Sound at "The ghost of tom goad" with tom morello - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzRbeHyIomk (start at 3:20).
    specifically i ask me, how he produced the overtones in his solo ?
    Many thanks for your recommendation.
    Micha

Watching the video it looks like he has a couple of Marshalls behind him (if you search elsewhere online these seem to be Bruce's) and as Don said, the harmonics are pinched harmonics (for instance check out this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk )

After watching a guy create an entire song's drum part in less than five minutes, I'm sold.

BTW - Audiodeluxe.com is a great place to get Toontrack licenses - they always have the best deals. AND, they now also sell on eBay - so, you can "make an offer" to buy things for less than their normal best price.

+1 on audiodeluxe. If you want something quicker go to guitar center and have them match the AD price and throw in the extra 10% on top of that (covers the tax difference for me) - it is kinda hard to watch when they see the AD price they have to match but usually they will.

I use CC#72 to roll in Gain on all my clean/crunch channels and love it. I'll be getting an external expression pedal as well down the road so I can also have the Wah and Gain options for clean/crunch.

I actually just tried this out yesterday on the new Top Jimi AC30 profiles by hooking an expression pedal to my old Roland fc200 and really like the flexibility that it brings by changing the gain on the fly.

You should be able to download it immediately from the page that comes up once the purchase clears but I remember that it was not immediately obvious what you needed to click on to make it happen. You can also go to the see your purchases and then click on the amp names (I am going on my failing memory here) to download them.

I don't have any numbers relating to percentage of Kemper owners using Macs.

But, would bet it'a a pretty large percentage.

Why don't you start a poll and let people vote ...

[I would love to leave it there but am sure that there will be all kinds of people reminding me that we already had a vote up!]

You have a good wife. And it is a terrific community. Trying to make a donation via PayPal (from the US) took me some time with Google Translate (Je ne parle pas français malheureusement) to figure out that you have to donate in round numbers with no .00 after the amount. For instance if you wanted to give $10.00 you would just enter 10 in the amount box.

yeah!. although not sure he was having a go at me, or was just being humerus :)

Hey Andy. It was intended as a tongue in cheek poke at some of the comments in another thread. Having watched my neighbor spend more than a year pouring his time, money and soul into developing and putting out a product I have nothing but respect for people who work to create products. I have purchased rigs and/or profiles from you, SoundSide and TopJimi and been very happy with them all. If I were to have a dig at all three of you though, none of them have got me laid even once which has been a bit disappointing! I am looking forward to checking out your pack out this weekend (if it is ready)!

[Blocked Image: http://www.theampfactory.com/content/Mailshot-Bundle8-comingsoon.jpg]

Im excited by this,they are frikkin awsome!

Well to qualify as frikkin awesome they will need to be - dark sounding, darker still, very dark while being bright enough with more and less bass, mids, treble and gain. Boomy, less boomy, more boomy and just boomy enough. Sit in a mix and cut through the mix. Mic'ed on axis, off axis, so close the amp grill is removed but still capture the sound of the room. They need to capture the bass KPA is said not to be able to capture for live playing but not for recording (and the other way round), sound vintage yet modern and like the similar amp I used to have / still do have / want to have / never have had / hate but want to try out again. It needs to be double mic'ed, single mic'ed with original cabinets but also different cabinets, RAW but processed, with no effects but still have all of them. They need to be made available for free while still be able to provide enough to take care of the guy who created them. They need to provide sound samples, videos, tabs and a personal lesson just to make sure the samples really are made with those profiles along with a description of picks, strings, pickups, guitar and DAW but get out of my way so I can just play. And at the end of the night get me laid. Twice.

I don't get the boot time issue. I can and do wait patiently for a minute or two for my tube amps to "boot" all the time. :)

While it does not personally bother me, I could see it being a problem if you are playing live without a battery backup and there was enough of a power outage to turn the KPA off and you had to wait to boot up.

what annoys you? you still can edit the rig without hitting exit.
    gs

Having the rate the rig screen showing till I hit the exit button. Would rather it not take over the whole screen just to rate a rig as it obscures all the other information on the screen. Put the rate rig in the software or put in a preference so those who don't want to have to have it monopolize the KPA can turn it off. Another possible option would be to have in on the screen and fade off after a couple of seconds if the user does not rate it.

Is there any way to turn off the rating system from showing up on the on the KPA when you have a computer with the latest version of RM on it? It is just an extra button to click to exit each time you want to go into the rigs various parameters. If one could add the rating in the software and have that sync back to the RE it would be an unobtrusive option but right now it gets annoying quickly.

not here. i can see those rigs in rig manager and the latest "69" as well. anybody else having this issue?
    gs

I can see the latest 69 profile but it won't overwrite my previous version I have downloaded to my computer as it sees them as the same profile. I am sure this is intentional though so that when a profile is updated it does not break any other rigs.

I have the same thing showing up re: 32 rigs downloading. BTW, I am showing 4420 rigs in the rig exchange and 4427 in my copy of the RE that I keep on my computer which means that 7 rigs have been deleted in the short time I have been using the software.

Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed response. Do most of these features come preprogrammed to work with the Kemper or is there some setup required (I have limited abilities ... just programming the roland stuff with standard midi stuff bumped up against my skill set!)?

Hey jjborsa - could you please talk a little more about the mind boggling stuff you can do with the LF+? I have an old roland midi pedal that I programmed but your endorsement of the LF+ makes me wonder if there is something I am missing (I have thought about buying an LF+ but hard to justify considering I can turn all the effects on/off, tap tempo as well as assign rigs to different pedals with the roland and have 3 roland expression pedals for wah, pitch and gain and a volume on the foot controller). Thank you!

Even FW 10.0 (if ever) will be free.

Kemper promised two very important points:

1) Software-updates will be free
    2) Old profiles will sound the same in newer FW

Point #2 was one of the things that helped make up my mind about the Kemper. While the firmware updates added new features and fixed some problems (back in 2012 some seemed to be hearing aliasing on their KPA's) it never made the earlier profiled sounds "even more realistic." It seemed to me that the Axe Fx users, however, would keep saying things like "Version 10 makes it sound more realistic than ever" which meant that earlier versions that users had praised as the most realistic version actually wasn't. Interestingly, I've noticed on their site that update 14 is just a small link on the top of their home page now. Kemper did a great job in ensuring that from the start that what you captured was the sound of a specific amp, cab and mic set at a specific location. I feel safe in saying that most of us are pretty convinced that when an amp / cabinet / mic combination has been correctly profiled that there is an almost indistinguishable difference between that physical combination and the software profile. Could this be improved? Technically I am sure the answer is yes but practically I am not sure that most of us would be able to tell the difference (or at least I would not be able to). I do hope that development is going more to adding additional effects, the release of the mythical foot pedal, improved the rig manager (including to iOS and Android devices), and I could see future versions may have more buttons on the front for each effect like we have now for delay and reverb for example.

An iOS (and Android) app would be amazing though! All your rigs backup up to your phone, browse the rig exchange, sample sounds, buy commercial samples from say TAF and have them load directly into the app etc all with the convenience of not having to carry a laptop around.

I was browsing through rigs and almost fell off my chair when I started playing your 65 Amps Stone Pony rig on the exchange! It was like I was playing a chainsaw. Never heard of a a 65 Amp before (I tend to like Vox and Fender amps) but just loved what you were able to capture there. Great rig and thanks for posting it (sorry, this should have been in the free rigs section).

Hehe, I registered Jan 04, 2012, when this forum opened. In this regard my posting statistic is not overly busy, I hope. :)
    Back to playing, alright...
    Happy Easter days,

Ingolf - just want to emphasize that I was not intentionally trying to be a dick (though it may have come off that way). While I have not read all 4500 posts you clearly as a huge help to users and as I said, it speaks to what a great product the KPA is!