Posts by slateboy

i'm sure this issue has been addressed and responded to before. Maybe things have changed in recent firmwares....

What are the know side-effects for profiling an amp (modeller) that has some form of delay or latency?
    ie, if someone attempted to profile a VST amp that had, for example, 100mS latency (very extreme case)
    I understand that time-based effects are not recorded as part of the profile process (ie reverb) but as extreme latency is effectively a delay in the signal chain does the profiler compensate?
    its not something i plan to do but curious to know how this affects users, or should i say the profiles created, on such systems.
    There may be some players who perhaps you want to transfer their favourite VST amp setup to a live situation.

For the curious, anoraks and nerds amongst us, a couple of videos showing the time it takes to upgrade the KPA OS to v5.4.1
    Was surprised at how long the first boot-up took following the OS upgrade.
    Slightly disappointed the tempo-indicator is still inconsistent (main unit and remote) and the random bursts of flashing LEDs on the remote is still present, but i can live with that. Yet to gig with it at the time of writing....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Whilst we're in full-on geek mode, here's the boot-up duration video:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also noticed a short delay if you switch on the power supply when the switch is on (but disconnect the power supply without power off routine you shouldn't have done before)

As a hyphothesis, it could be assumed that smoothing capacitors are first charged and/or a software routines checks whether the voltage is OK before the displays will be activated .
    I would consider this effect to be a positive feature.

I do not know the internal main supply from the KPA, but I have found by chance that it is relatively insensitive to short voltage dips.

Agree, that makes sense and seems logical

Time to offer a little something back to the K-community.
    Dug out my old Marshall JMP1 and aimed to get my "old" sound that i used during the '90s and early '00s.
    I did profile this setup a few years back but have greatly improved the results by investing time with a couple of SM57s (one cone-centre + one cone-edge) Even created cab IRs and my first merged-profiles (first time using cab maker)
    Demo here:

Profiles available now in the rig-exchange, just search my username. Hope you like these and find them useful.
    If there are any atomic-amplifire users here i have attempted to recreate similar sounds as presets for my "fly-gig" rig

Occasionally when i turn my chicken head from off to tuner (on) my KPA doesn't always come on.
    I found this is often the case if i do it within less than a second of applying the mains power.
    I questioned if it could be a dirty contact on the switch but changing position to browse/perform and back has no result. Usually tuning back to the off position and having a second attempt gets things up and running.

I have a similar issue on a PC i own. After applying the mains power, the "soft" power-on button doesn't respond within the first second or two of applying the mains supply. Wait a few seconds and it works.

In both cases the power on control is not a physical engagement of the power but more of a control function that instructs the system to boot up.
    Could it be that i am attempting to engage this too soon before the system is ready for the command?

Anyone else suffer similar?

A little trick i do for a sustainer effect with the kpa is set up a studio eq with the narrowest possible Q, highest gain possible (for the chosen frequency) with the frequency set to that of a chosen note. Downside is it only works for one chosen note, unless you set up multiple occurrences which may eat up your fx slots. Alternatively set up a new preset for another song/note. A couple of these narrow boosts will obviously add to the gain of that chosen frequency.( dont go bananas and clip the signal path!)
    I worked out the Hz for the note i wished to sustain during a particular song and it aids the guitar->feedback cycle especially with a driven/distorted setting. When i wish to sustain "the note" i kick in the eq boost with an additional overdrive stomp and it gets "that note" singing and sustaining. Leaving it on permanently has side effects, as you can imagine, but can be dealt with.
    Id like the freqout effect pedal but reckon kemper could incorporate something similar in the future.

As with the request to swap the up down buttons or even have "up" on top row and "down" on bottom row, unless we wish to choose a different midi controller we sometimes have to adapt to what we are given.
    Its likely it is possible this could be done, given the controller and tec-know-how that kemper have, but I understand the thought and planning that has gone into the design.
    Similarly, it would be cool if the 4 delay and reverb feedback/mix/time knobs that i never use on the main panel could be reassgined to something i do use but as the label/text on the panel would then be meaningless i see why this hasn't happened and so another reason perhaps the pedal stays as it is, even though I understand the above reasons.

I requested to have the 'bum notes' changed for 'proper' ones on my guitar but the manufacturer couldn't oblige. :D

I recently updated the video to combat those moaning about the lack of commentary

External Content m.youtube.com

Apologies for a double post but this catergory is the one i should have first posted in:

Flicking through my system menu, i happened to press the "start up dialog" soft button on page 1 of the system menu and was unable to exit this menu.
    i had to follow it through to the end- next, then next, then next, etc...
    it would be nice to press exit to escape this menu.
    I also noticed that if trying to press other buttons in an attempt to exit or switching mode causes an issue when you do eventually escape this dialog. for instance, whilst in the start-up dialog process/menu, pressing the lock button will result in the KPA appearing to have the hold button *held* down when you exit this dialog, requiring another press of the lock button to unlock and resume.

I know this dialog is a one-off procedure, usually, but it would be nice to be given the choice to escape it quickly.

I'm pretty sure this one has been requested before but it would be nice to have the option to select the source for the headphone output. (just as the other output sources can be selected)
    At the moment it appears to be the same signal as the main L+R and any EQ applied to the main-out is reflected on the headphone outputs.
    If it could be fed from the monitor out, for example, the EQ could be adjusted independently, or better still, the the headphone out its own EQ (i guess this is what would be the greatest benefit?)
    I think most users would consider the headphone out to be a form of "monitoring", though it seems standard on most processors/modellers/etc the headphone out is a duplication of the main-outs.

similar has been raised in a recent thread here: Amazing tone FOH, but horrific through IEM’s

Flicking through my system menu, i happened to press the "start up dialog" soft button on page 1 of the system menu and was unable to exit this menu.
    i had to follow it through to the end- next, then next, then next, etc...
    it would be nice to press exit to escape this menu. I also noticed that if trying to press other buttons in an attempt to exit or switching mode causes an issue when you do eventually escape this dialog.
    for instance, pressing the lock button will result in the KPA appearing to have the hold button *held* down when you exit this dialog, requiring another press of the lock button to unlock and resume.

I know this dialog is a one-off procedure, usually, but it would be nice to be given the choice to escape it quickly.

What we really need is the possibility to put a studio eq on the headphone output.

I've been watching this thread with interest and can relate to it. Intially i thought its down to poor IEMs but only to a point. My foh and wedge sound is great but the iem, fed from the kpa headphone out, is harsh on the more overdriven sounds. An EQ on the headphone out would be a great addition. (Perhaps a limiter too to protect the user from an damaging levels or nasty peaks.)
    Im looking at making a simple low-pass filter (not unlike the tone control on a guitar) to put on my headphone output to combat the issue. As the "rest of the band" mix doesnt come from this source it will only be the kpa sound that has its high-frequencies tamed.
    Anyone have any suggestions or comments on this approach?

I go to google, enter "kemper amp forum 5.4.1" and then click on "Show more results from www.kemper - amps.com" and it results in google with quote:

"kemper amp forum 5.4.1 site:www.kemper - amps.com"

yep, that produces results, a bit more messy than using the forum search but a usable workaround.
    be nice if the forum search could deliver this kind of search.
    thanks @skoczy

Im guessing there will be a quick and easy answer for this one.
    i want to search for posts with the text "5.4.1" (within body and/or subject)

enclosing in speech marks returns no results and without it treats each digit separately and does not look for the whole string of characters.
    tips please. thanks to all who answer

Id bet my bottom dollar/euro/pound/pesata/groat that the k-team are more than aware of this and are exhausting their efforts with the intention to correct it (as, and) when the time is right; which is one of the reasons, I believe, the next public-release update is overly imminent.
    Im not a fan of weekly firmware updates- that's a cheeky way of dodging beta releases, (who mentioned IOS apps...) but i do look forward to a resolution that will satisfy this as well as the unreliable visual led remote-pedal indication feedback, which im sure will be corrected in a forthcoming update also.
    Ultimately, We get nothing but the best from the kpa-team and, eventually, the best things come to those that have the patience. :sleeping:
    They've not let us down yet.... <3