Posts by slateboy

It appeared to me that the two types range differently, i.e. Type1 appears linear and type 2 is logarithmic so I assume depending on whether you control volume or some other parameter would influence the choice. I didn't notice any reverse polarity between them, they both appeared the same.

i haven't seen it explained anywhere, but I am correct to calibrate the pedal that you hold down calibrate soft-button end sweep the pedal through its min-max range?

For many years i've always had simple setup- guitar into amp, maybe a touch of rev/del then out the other end, even owning multi-effects processors and the good-old 'marshall JMP1' i had prior to the KPA.
    For boost/solo stuff with the Kemper (the same as my old setup) it was a case of finding a similar or same profile/settings with more gain and knock the output level up a few dB.
    Seems to me that many players rely on a stomp and can be quite particular about their favourite overdrive pedals in front of their amp (KPA=pre-amp stomp slots) for that extra drive or maybe just to dirty up their tone. I've often found this to colour the sound going in to the amp in a non-favourable way, but thats just my "old school" approach.

So, i'd be interested to hear how everyone else uses their overdrive/distortion FX in stomps 1-4 (pre-amp) and their reasons and chosen FX/settings. I might be missing something good here having been a minimalist for well over 2 decades. perhaps someone will show me otherwise...? 8)

Has anyone attempted to make an "auto swell" using auto-touch and ducking parameters? ( i havent yet)
    Or are we just hanging on that v4 will deliver the goods? :wacko:

I think the most usable thing is a midi connection. For those, who are able to do some DIY-Stuff i have a nice project.
    There are existing several models of the arduiono chip. I'm trying actually the Arduino Nano (5 EUR). In addition with
    a breadboard, some cables, some switches and a midi-plug you can programm it via usb and tell the arduino what
    to do when you use a switch. And this todo can be one or more midi CP's or CC's. Even several CC's at once to
    control the looper. Also you can use pots for example to intergate a wah-pedal.

Be interested to see what you have as your Arduino midi controller. For a very cheap cost and a bit of know how, it could be useful as a simple midi controller for some other projects too. Let me know how you get on and what you manage to achieve. :thumbup:

Perhaps a dumb but obvious question to ask is how and when does the remote-controller receive its "updates"?
    I'm assuming there is some cpu doing its business inside the remote unit that will be subject to its own firmware upgrade as things progress and develop. Is it automatic and is there any identification of a version number? Or have I completely misunderstood the device?

Another useful bit of knowledge, shared from Kemper or anyone else's experience, is to know the optimal value of a pot for connecting, i.e. 10k linear, etc (that was just a value plucked out of the air as I don't actually have any insight into this myself, as of yet)

Have i found a bug with the remote or has this been covered before?...

In performance mode, Assign two stomps to one button on the remote by holding down button on remote and tap stomp B followed by MOD slot, then release remote button.
    Both stomps toggle on off together, just as expected. Now hold down the remote button and tap the stomp B (to unassign stomp B but leave stomp MOD active) stomp MOD now jumps to the first of the two LEDs on the remote but is in operable. Further to this, the remote button we used is now rendered useful even when choosing any other rig in any performance whatsovever.
    the only way out is to unassign stomp MOD or jump to browse mode and then back to performance mode.
    There is no eveidnece of an assigned stomp in the RIG menu on page 5/5, which usually displays what stomps are assigned to what remote buttons but if you press "clear" on this page it does clear and you can start again.

Just did the test.
    On 3.2.1 as well. 264 rigs. Remote pluggd in.
    45 seconds for the KPA to startup, plus another 15 for the remote.
    Not sure if Im being too fussy, but 1 minute seems too long ( As daft as it sounds out loud ).
    Seems to take just as long as my Windows PC.

sounds about same time as mine, with just under 600 rigs.
    Would be great if the remote connected quicker, especially on those occasions where it might become detached during a live show

The delay is up to 10 seconds. Consider this as a bug which is fixed in the next firmware version above 3.0.2.

Reviving an older thread, i notice the remote takes at least 20 seconds to connect and go into a usuable state, when "plugging in", certainly no development on the quote from Timo.
    Powering up the KPA with the remote plugged in, the remote is no quicker as it engages mid way through the boot cycle but still "searches" to connect near the end of boot-up, thus making the overall "ready to go" time longer: boot time + remote time = 1minute.

With the current firmware, 3.2.1 how does this compare to everyone elses remote boot times?

Running my KPA in performance mode, I control two other devices via MIDI.

While not the KPA recommended method, I have both devices on the same MIDI channel and using corresponding preset numbers, and I daisy-chained the MIDI connections so when I select a rig slot in Performance mode both external MIDI devices change to their respective required presets or to MIDI-mapped presets. I have yet to try it, but by doing it this way I should be able to add another MIDI device to the MIDI chain at some point in the future, should the need arise.

So, just confirm, what foot/remote controller are you using?
    thanks

Thanks guys. I usually have midi ox/yoke running on the midi thru of the Kemper to change pc messages to other stuff driving some other midi gear from my fcb1010.
    So if I have a Kemper remote I can still enjoy the benefits of controlling my existing midi gear?

Anyone know if it is possible to relay a midi prog change (or any midi data whatsoever) upon selecting a new rig in performance mode.
    Not talking midi thru data from a pedal, unless its the Kemper remote doing its business.

Looking for a way to trigger other midi gear upon rig-change without the need for an additional midi controller, or doing it with just the Kemper remote (which i dont currently own)

thanks midi-heads! :thumbup: