Posts by slateboy

please could you move the OK button which follows a USB backup function so that an accidental "double-press" following a successful backup avoids initiating another backup.
    I would guess that many users have the need to press the same button two or three times for certain functions, ie "store" and "exit" so for people who have a habit of 'double-clicking' (like me) this would avoid this. thank you

Can anyone share their experiences or suggest a suitable uninterruptible power supply device to use with the KPA.
    I have encountered issues when powering "switch-mode power supply" devices like PCs, laptops, etc (which i assume is used in the KPA) from power-inverter or battery-powered mains supplies.

also-
    Is it true that without a proper shutdown the KPA takes a long time to boot?
    thanks

Using my kpa in performance mode I choose a rig (patch) and toggle on/off effects with midi cc commands, which is smooth, but more often I choose various rigs with prog changes.
    If I recall (prog change) the same rig already selected it reloads that rig with a short but noticeable glitch (drop out in sound) as it reloads the rig data.
    Sometimes I do this to reset the effects to the "default" that i have saved (maybe i'll engage chorus, delay and other stomps and then wish to disengage them all by recalling the original rig/patch)

Could it be possible to "reset" the stomps status (on/off) of the current rig rather than reload the complete settings to avoid this little sound drop out) perhaps as an user-option rather than as a global implication?
    It's not a major concern (so why am I writing this?) and I can gig with it but it might be more system-efficient if the kpa receives repeated rig call-ups to realise it doesn't need to reload the complete rig data unnecessarily.
    I'm sure CK has thought of this because the more I understand about the device the more I realise how much thought has gone into it to make it the awesome device that it is.

I've noticed that if you move the pedal by hand, rather than with your body weight on your foot (as you would playing live standing up) you get different high and low values. Make sure you calibrate with the same limb you intend to use.
    Anyone know if the curve is changeable on the regular uno chip?

Just flicking through the manual and the printed text mentions pressing the undo button to revert adjusted parameters to their previous values. (Not currently an option on my device) Was this available in an earlier firmware or for a future hopeful?
    Ps, I'm new in at v2.3.3 so unfamiliar with most historical advances.

Unless I have misunderstood, the tuner calibration value can only be adjusted whilst the tuner is active.
    Could you therefore leave your kemper in a different mode or call up a "silent" patch, kinda like an idle mode?
    I'm guessing you've probably thought of this though?
    I too would be concerned that someone can unwantedly fiddle with my knobs and wish to avoid this situation also. Do you have a toaster or rack version?

I've had a look for this feature and request but not spotted it but apologies if it exists:

One feature I like in the kemper is that when you alter a parameter it often displays the stored value next to the current/changed value.
    A feature I would find useful is if there was some way to quickly reset individual parameters back to their "stored" value with the push of a button instead of knob-turning back to dial back to that value.

Can anyone confirm or clarify the function of midi cc7 please?
    its specified as volume control which i take as meaning the output volume of the patch.
    However, it appears to control the input and output levels simultaneously, affecting the output volume and the amps gain together.
    I want to maintain maximum gain whilst varying the output level (sort of swell style)
    any tips? thanks

Like HCarlH said, one slight lag you may notice is that the bank up/down buttons on the FCB change state as you release the pedal, although this does not, in itself, emit a midi message. The actual program change message appears to be sent as soon as you hit the button and a fraction of a second later any CC data follows.
    My current config uses the uno chip and sends prog change + stomp-box midi CCs to match the state of the performance patch i am "calling" up (so the stomp LEDs match the state of fx A,B,C,D or X, Mod, Del, etc. Midi Ox is great tool to see whats going on and the times/order of data transfer

I notice on my rack-kemper (non-poweramp versions) there are quite a few ventilation grills and a little notice on the back of the unit to warn the user to keep these vents clear.
    I understand that the power-amp version uses the same chassis and obviously generates a bit of heat, as you'd expect from an amplifier.
    What i'd like to know is how essential are the ventilation vents for the non-power amp rack kemper?
    Is it ok to block the chassis bottom vents and has anyone noticed any significant heat from their kempers (non-power amp versions)?
    How warm does yours get after a few hours running?

turns out that midi CC0 is the MSB bank selection data. Anything greater than 0 attempts to select a bank outside of the range of the kempers memory, hence must always be 0 and used in conjunction with cc32 (range 0-4) for the LSB part of bank selection.
    thanks to Burkhard at kemper for this bit of info

i noticed that sending midi CC 0 of a value greater than 0 prevents further performance-slot changes. (locks the current selection)
    sending CC 0 value = 0 then unlocks the performance change.
    This "locking" does not happen in browse mode.
    Is this normal or intentional as i have not seen midi CC0 purpose listed anywhere?

Be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce this:
    here's a small midi file of the commands sent by my FCB1010 midi foot controller to the kemper that crashes my kemper in performance mode.
    The midi file only contains, prog-change, CC and note on/off data.
    Some of my performance slots are empty. If i removed the note on/off data it seems ok.
    Should i report a bug that notifies note on/off data causes problems?

midi file here

Thanks viabcroce for the link.

The PDF is as complete as i can make it with what i can currently find.
    Thought is might be nice to have a quick look-up chart to have to hand as im about to program a foot controller.
    If anyone can add anything ive missed to this please let me know and i will try and keep it up to date.