Posts by drandall

I use humbuckers (Dimarzio Evolutions and Crunchlab) for 90% of my recordings and my single coils for country stuff I do for my buddy (heard above). The Queen of Reality TV song above has reached the final screening to be used on the TV show Nashville.

Here is one more for you (I realize these are country music and not the style you listed above), this one uses all Michael Britt profiles available from update 3.0 and using my Tele on all tracks. Point is...you can get nice, big full tones even with single coils and low gain profiles

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is a good example of using my profile on the rig exchange I mentioned above with a Telecaster on one side and a strat on the other side both using single coils in the bridge position, but the double tracking effect adds the grit & beef you are looking for.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Try double tracking everything (one track left, another track right) on studio recordings. You'll be amazed how much bigger your sound gets. You can also dial in another track (mono in the center and quieter in the mix) with your LP in the chorus sections for an even bigger sound

Would you say that a higher output pickup was used for it too? Humbucker/high output single coil?

I'd say that tone is a humbucker all day long and it is double tracked left & right. Don't be fooled by what he used in the video. He also mainly used a Mesa Studio preamp, crown poweramp and Marshall 4x12s on Nevermind. The guitars were his Mustang and a Japanese Strat both with Dimarzio Super Distortion humbuckers.

http://www.guitarworld.com/arc…obain-gear-guide?page=0,1

Here is MW's ADA MP-1 with my tweaks to get it closer to that Nuno tone, Eltzejupp let me know what you think

I'm not going to have this amp set up with the KPA again anytime soon, I typically run direct with IEMs, this was a one off gig I was sitting in with another band. I do know I eliminated some of it by turning the presence on the 2:90 amp down from 1/2 to about 1/4.

Yes, high gain profiles made from my Mesa rig. I had it happen with three different guitars. One with a DiMarzio Evolution and the other two had DiMarzio CrunchLabs, all pickups work fine with my Mesa Preamp through the Mesa 2:90

I used my KPA with my Mesa 2:90 tube amp & 2x12 this weekend for the first time in a long time and got this as well. Ran the KPA direct to the PA and ran monitor out to the tube amp (with the cab stack off the Mon out) for monitoring on stage. I am using the current firmware and never got this high squeal when I used it a couple updates ago. I mainly got it while trying to get natural feedback/sustain or if I pulled up the volume knob quickly from 0-10 it did the squeal.

I have re-uploaded all my profiles, the ones I use live with tweaks made from the original uploads and my Remote Switch presets saved. Let me know if everyone else sees my Remote Switch I-IIII layouts in these.

This is my EXACT same circumstance for playing live.

So once again my proposal / question:

Can each effect-slot-switch be programmed with two commands (by one press)
    1. all effects off
    2. programmed effects on

If this was possible, then 4 effect scenes per rig would be possible.
    Wouldn't it?

Seems to be a little complicated. Here is the scenario I was trying to get in performance mode:

Clean preset with verb

1. Switch I: Chorus & Delay

2. Switch II: Phase & Delay (same delay as switch 1)

Apparently you can't have delay on more than one switch unless it's already "on" with the preset. The verb on my preset stays on throughout the switching

What confuses me is how do you guys get away with loading a performance bank for each song? My band plays over 100 songs, approx 40 songs a night and the setlist changes each night and sometimes it changes on the fly. I could have a 4 count by the drummer to try and find a song that is buried somewhere in the performance slots, that's just not realistic for a live band.