Posts by drandall

Here is a quick demo I made of Peace of Mind using a backing track I found on YouTube. Sounds like one of those isolated tracks from Guitar Hero with the guitar tracks removed. I am using the Eleven Rack on the
    left side with a preset called Peace of Mind from the ElevenRackPresets webpage and the KPA on the right using a rig exchange profile from Per Sviggum called PES Rockman XPR Lead that I modified a bit. My band is thinking of doing a Boston medley and the other guy in the band uses an 11R so I was doing this to see if I could find a preset for him that worked well with the Kemper. I think this turned out great and the overall sound is pretty close to Boston. There is no post production EQ to any of the tracks. Let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/szkls83i54v61u7/POM - Dale demo 5-26-15.mp3?dl=0

[quote='drandall','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18928-Show-us-how-your-Remote-will-be-used/?postID=208768#post208768']

Awesome, what profile was that? And were you running into a cab at backline or just through P.A./IEM's? That banshee sounds superb!

This is running direct through the PA, no live cabs on stage. This is my profile from my Mesa rig and it is on the Rig Exchange under user D.Randall and the actual preset for the rhythm on this song is RECTO-PRE/2:90 - 11. The Banshee sounds so good live that the other guitar player in the band asked how I got my guitar tone in the Banshee and I told him it's all in the unit (and your fingers) ;)

Here is a quick demo I made of Peace of Mind using a backing track I found on YouTube. Sounds like one of those isolated tracks from Guitar Hero with the guitar tracks removed. I am using the Eleven Rack on the left side with a preset called Peace of Mind from the ElevenRackPresets webpage and the KPA on the right using a rig exchange profile from Per Sviggum called PES Rockman XPR Lead that I modified a bit. My band is thinking of doing a Boston medley and the other guy in the band uses an 11R so I was doing this to see if I could find a preset for him that worked well with the Kemper. I think this turned out great and the overall sound is pretty close to Boston. There is no post production EQ to any of the tracks. Let me know what you think.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All the Xotic line of pedals are good stuff. I have the EP, BB Preamp and AC Plus.

If you are using my tweaked version of this preset, just remember that it sounds different in a mix than it does by itself. I tweaked it based on how it sounded in the HeMan Woman Hater sample I have earlier in this thread. I'm not crazy about the way it sounds by itself

Not sure, I would have to play around with something like the built-in boosters, but I'm not actually using mine as a boost. The EP isn't boosting anything because I have the gain all the way down but it does still add sweetness to the sound. I tried doing away with it and found myself missing it on recordings and live (since I hear my guitar through my IEMs).

He man! Very good playing :thumbup: i love this kinda tunes from extreme. The profile sounds very good. What kind of gear do you use? Is there a reamping on the tune or is it directely recorded out of the toaster?

This was recorded to Sonar X3 right out of the KPA with no post processing, but the signal chain goes from the guitar through my pedal board which has a Keeley Comp (set for light compression) and an Xotic EP Booster with the default settings and knob all the way down. This was recorded with a Strat (Crunchlab p/u) on the left and an RG550 (Evolution p/u) on the right

Hi , why the hell are some of you posting some hardware mods in order to achieve these tones ?(

Just giving the guy options of what's out there for strats. Not everyone is comfortable with tweaking and can sometimes make things worse if you don't know what you're doing. A good set of pickups can make almost any guitar sound better, even with the KPA.

You can look up Seymour Duncan P-Rails on YouTube and check out some videos. The humbuckers sound perfect, the P-90s are nice. The single coils are hot rails so they are hotter than single could but retain that sound and you can back the volume down to 6 to get that vintage single coil sound. The humbuckers in parallel are more like vintage PAF pickups which also work well.

Here is another option to consider...I just bought one of these from Sigler Music and dropped it in one of my strats. You get Humbuckers in serial and parallel, P-90s and single coils out of one set of Duncan P-rails. It's already wired up and ready to go, all you do is soldier in the hot & ground from the jack and the ground from your trem to the volume pot. I've been playing with it for a week and it's really got it all in one package!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.