Achieving these tones - Help needed!

• Mine was too...that why they make a router ;)

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Just under the pickguard. Fender Strat was made to be modded!

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Ahh so I could just have a pickguard for whatever configuration I wanted over the routing that allows me any kind of pickup.

Link doesn't work.

I think I'd do that to the Strat TBH, the Tele is a limited edition.

And how do these pickups compare to normal humbuckers/single coils? I always find that coil tapped humbuckers are a bit lackluster when compared to regular single coils.

• You can look up Seymour Duncan P-Rails on YouTube and check out some videos. The humbuckers sound perfect, the P-90s are nice. The single coils are hot rails so they are hotter than single could but retain that sound and you can back the volume down to 6 to get that vintage single coil sound. The humbuckers in parallel are more like vintage PAF pickups which also work well.

• Okay. I'll look into it. I do love playing Hendrixy style stuff so I'm a bit cautious about chopping up my Strat though, and the Tele is a definite no go!

I remember that when I was working on that song, I did actually play about with different voicings on different pickups. Open chords on one side with barre chords on the other, barre chords with inversions etc. It didn't make a huge amount of difference.

I'll get back to the thread tomorrow with some examples. Thanks for the help so far. :)

• Make sure you check out my Mesa profile I mentioned with your guitar. I can record some samples with the P-Rails using this profile too and post on here with all four pickup sound options.

• @ Phil: for the first video sample you posted, check Victory amps from TAF. in the Commercial rigs section there is a nice demo of an user.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Don't worry about how hot your pickups are. Figure out _what_ to track to even make clean sound huge! Always look for what's missing and fill that in, don't just play the same thing twice.

Then record your arrangement and at The same time record your takes clean. Use the same mindset to reamp your tracks and mix and match amps! Good luck!

• Hi , why the hell are some of you posting some hardware mods in order to achieve these tones ?(

Your original tone is already close , and it's just a matter of rig tweaking and recording tricks to me.

As stated above , it should be done with your tele or strat and a dirty driven amp rig (JCM800 , cranked fender ...) and doubled tracked. The tone must be crafted in order to retain some string separation in the drive, simply adjust gain (not too much ) , then definition (string separation ) , clarity (around 1.5 for mix cutting highs) and a hint of direct mix (like 0.3) and you'll be fine. Double tracking with both the tele and strat should give some great results as well.

As an exemple, check this simple dirty rig I did upload a while back , it's tweaked in this way, an old vibrochamp fender with a good grungy vibe : Vibrochamp'66 clean / Vibrochamp'66 heavy ( bonus : you'll also achieve your cleans just by lowering the volume pot on your guitar).

• Hi , why the hell are some of you posting some hardware mods in order to achieve these tones ?(

Just giving the guy options of what's out there for strats. Not everyone is comfortable with tweaking and can sometimes make things worse if you don't know what you're doing. A good set of pickups can make almost any guitar sound better, even with the KPA.

• I'm gonna spend the next day or two messing about further, and try to get somewhere using the advice given.

I have also bought a SD Lil 59 bridge and Quarter Pound Neck for the Tele, just in case I can't get what I want out of it. They are much higher output pickups, with the QP nearly at Humbucker levels, so I should be able to get some good results.

But I'm still going to give this a go.

The DI thing is interesting, I've always steered clear from it due to the fact that I feel like I should be able to achieve it with the Kemper alone.

• What I'll do is upload the stems of two DI tracks later, and then if anyone has the time they are free to just reamp it through their profiler to see what they can get, then I can analyse the results and actually have a practical solution.

Yea, I've used multiple leads. Thanks.