Posts by andyg_prs

Well I have to say my first customer experience with Kemper has been amazing. I raised the ticket at 5:15pm and by 5:29 got this.....and it worked :)

please perform the following procedure for each of the rigs showing such issues:

Load
    the rig/slot, switch via MIDI or intervene manually until you are able
    to switch a complete cycle on and off (or off and on) via MIDI, so that
    the rig is back in its original state and then STORE/REPLACE the rig. In
    Performance Mode you need to store the whole performance.
    Two switches involved within each of these rigs might be out of sync, This procedure should synchronize and store that state.

I'm assuming you are using recent firmware.

Sincerely,
    Burkhard Dinnies
    Kemper Amps Support Team

Have you checked system time in your profiler? (system menu)

Yup, sorry that's what I meant by date - time and date. So, I just reformatted a new USB key and that has worked fine.

The old key is still doing the same thing. Interestingly it has 2 folders called "Backups" with the exact same backups inside....but one folder was created 25th April the other 3rd May. Could that be part of the fault?

Cheers,
    Andy

So, I've had helpful users on this forum offer to help with an issue I have with my FCB/uno4kemper by providing them with my backup.

I've been backing up regularly. I went to backup today (studio) - it said it completed.....took my USB home, I have 3 backups for late April none for May.

I went to the KPA, checked the date on it....correct, did the backup, came back and said completed. USB in my laptop.....there are no backups for May. Restore option - no files for May.

What's going on? I'm sure someone will tell me to try another USB key (I'll have to find one) but why would the KPA say it had written correctly if it hasn't?

Thanks,
    Andy

... Wrong section maybe? :D

Is it? I've seen similar threads with people asking what others think is best to use with their KPA.....so was just wondering if anyone had used these....to be clear I'm wondering about buying some QTX speakers not trying to sell anything :)

Hi I've tried to replicate your issue but can't. I've tried profiles with delay and without and both in browse and perform. The only difference I have programmed the top row as per uno4kemper manual so that my top row is A,B,C,D, Delay ON/OFF, I assume you have done something similar as I believe the default Delay stomp button on FCB is for Tap tempo not on/off.
    I would be more than happy to try your profiles if you would like me too.

Hi,

That'd be great. What's the best way to share my set up with you?

Thanks,
    Andy

The response from Xavier.....kind of what I expected, not unreasonable but it doesn't really help me....and to be honest it does seem like more of a KPA thing.

Actually, what he is saying about the delay control could explain things....and I'm surprised that he doesn't send an on or off as well as the value.....if other people had the same issue as me he might address that as a change/fix....

What's the official route to raise a ticket? I can try but I'll probably be pushed back to Xavier due to the info he's given about the way the delay is controlled.... Do you guys see a flaw in the way he is doing things?

I would have the delay on all the time if it could start at the delay mix of zero....but it doesn't seem to work that way...

Thanks,
    Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm afraid I don't have any idea - the FCB1010 is just a dummy controller for
    the KPA, sending one single ControlChange message on each button press - CC27
    in case of delay. (you can check with a PC monitor application what
    exactly the FCB1010 sends). So all the logic is inside the Profiler. Also the
    LEDs on the FCB1010 are not set directly by the UnO4Kemper firmware, but they
    are controlled by the KPA through MIDI.

The only difference that I'm aware of with the delay stomp, is that it sends CC
    value 127 or 0 ( = not really setting delay ON or OFF, but setting the delay
    mix to max. or min., in order not to cut off the delay abruptly). The other
    stomps are real on/off switches sending CC value 1 or 0. No idea if this has
    any influence on the internal stomp processing of the Profiler.

sorry I can't give any more help about this issue

regards,

Xavier

You should contact Xavier (uno4kemper.com) to get ideas how to solve this.

I will try but with other questions he has said I should ask Kemper as they decide how it reacts to commands.... :(

I expect he would say that as the pedal works for other functions and delay on certain patches, it is a Kemper issue.

But maybe I will raise a case with both him and Kemper to see what they say. After all, with the ability to backup and restore settings, we have the benefit of being able to reproduce this....as long as the parties have the Kemper and the Uno4Kemper / FCB....

Cheers,
    Andy

I have an Uno4kemper and I will give it a try this evening. What version are you using, I have 1.3a

Thanks - that's really good of you. I just got the eprom 2 weeks ago - I'm not sure about the version without opening up the FCB but I guess whatever the most recent one is.

I'm also on v2.3.3 of the OS. I don't use the cab sims so haven't updated to v2.4 yet.

I guess there is also a way to export just the 4 performances that I use if anyone wanted to see exactly how I have things set up? That or my entire backup?

Not trying to create extra work - just offering that I can provide any of that stuff if any use?

Cheers,
    Andy

If anybody gets a chance to try it out it'd be much appreciated....I have a DL4 that I currently use to avoid these issues.....but it's easy to forget and leave it on when you have some slots with delay and some without.....I'd obviously rather do everything from the FCB / KPA :)

By the way....my KPA loves my PRS CE24 :)

So, I've done some more testing.

Even on slot 5, my lead sound that always has delay, when the delay is switched off from the KPA or the FCB, the LEDs above delay go out......so question 1 - I assume this is correct? For the stomps the LED stays on and the square button light goes on and off to show active but with the delay when the delay is off, all lights associated go out?

Second, I have experimented using the same delay setting which I have saved as a preset. Most of the delays on my rigs default to Tap Delay, but I change this to Free Delay and then select my saved preset which has the mix and number of repeats that I like.

I turn the delay off and save the performance.

On some slots....for example slot 1 (which happens to be clean) hitting 9 (my switch on the FCB for delay) always instantly turns my delay on. On the other slots, I have to hit the switch exactly 3 times before it turns on......once on it turns on and off correctly.

What is going on? Clearly I have programmed the delay correctly because turning it on from the KPA it works perfectly.

Switch 9 works because the FCB programming is global.....and on a patch where delay is on by default, hitting switch 9 turns it off, and then back on again perfectly.

But on most slots, hitting 9 doesn't work first time.....that of course is useless for live work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Andy

PS - the fact that everything else works shows the Uno4Kemper is fine.

The fact that switch 9 works instantly for a slot that is saved with delay on shows there is no physical issue.

The fact that for a slot where 9 doesn't work first time it always takes exactly 3 times points to something 'behavioural' going on.....eg it's predictable....I don't like it, but it's consistent!

Thanks. Do you mean programme a delay for a slot (1 to 4 do not have delay already), then turn off the delay on the KPA and save the performance? I'll try that. I'm sure I tried before but I'll try again and report back.

Cheers,
    Andy

Hi,

Previously I had all of my stomps locked so that I could quickly and easily apply them to my 4 performances set up for my recent gig. However I realised the down side was that if I switched a stomp on for one slot, it stayed on for the next slot.

So, today I unlocked everything but the wah - stomp A.

Switch 6 on the Uno is stomp B, 7 is stomp C, 8 is Mod, 9 is Delay and 10 is the tuner.

Everything works perfectly apart from the Delay control. So, I can go into a slot, turn on stomp B, turn it off again, turn it back on, go to another slot and it turns off (as none of my first 4 slots are programmed with any stomps).

Delay, I go into a slot with no delay programmed. I hit 9 - nothing happens or there is a slight 'quack' in the tone.....which I think is due to the modulation associated with the delay setting....but the delay doesn't come on. I then hit it a second time....same thing. Third time.....the delay comes on. At first I thought this could be to do with 'tap delay' as the type of effect, but changing to 'free delay' makes no difference.

To prove switch 9 is programmed correctly, if I go to slot 5 in the same performance, which is my lead rig and has delay on, hitting 9 turns the delay off, and hitting it again turns it back on.

There is also a difference in the way the KPA shows the slots. So, for the other stomps that are populated with effects, the lights above the stomps are on, and the square button is either lit or not dependent on whether the effect is selected with the footcontroller or not.

However, with the delay, the light above the delay is off altogether when the delay is off....

If I am in slots 1 - 4 I can turn the delay on and off by using the square button and once I do that, the footcontroller switch no 9 also turns it on and off consistently. However if I try to save the patch with the delay selected than the patch starts with delay on which I don't want.

I think there are a couple of options when I try and save - store performance or store delay but I think they both have the same result.

I'm sure there is something fundamental I'm doing wrong as the Uno4Kemper chip definitely works....but this is driving me up the wall!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Andy

From your original post, it looks like you're just using Lock as a convenient way to not set up your stomps in every performance bank. If it helps, you can hold Stomps to make it blink and then use Copy to take all of them at once, switch to a new patch, paste, and save the performance. The downside is that if you change your OD settings on one slot, you have to copy it through all of them.

Cool - thanks for the tip :)