Posts by Awesome_Elvis

+1.1!!! I was thinking and feeling the same thing!!!

And what's funny is , as of late ,most of my profiles I'm using right now have about a +1.1-2.2 at least, sometimes more on those volumes except pure boost. Amp volume , preset volume, and distortion sense. Clean and or heavy profiles. I also feel the same about the powered kpa and it's pwr boost, and was having some troubles until I stopped using the pwr boost at 75% and monitor out volume at 75% and starred using just monitor out closer to 100% with zero power boost going into a Spawn 4x12 with v30s.

Have you tried a treble booster in mod or X slot with the treble rolled way back and adding a little volume and then compared it to a studio eq with 3k bump plus a little volume in the same place? Or even an effect like the octave where you can basically turn every parameter down in its menus and just boost the effect parameters volume and use it like a boost in front and hear the character and after affect it can do on other sounds? This might further help to prove your theory. Or at the very least , help to understand the sometimes quirky nature of things that are suppose to be more of the same.

Reminds me of the graphic eq in the hd500, even with no values adjusted at all , it has a very obvious impact on the sound when it's it technically not supposed to.
    Anyways,
    Chairs.

I'm going to try this as well. The fizz in the gain of many of the profiles is problematic for me as well. I also found using the volume parameter in the studio EQ in the video seems to impart a different type of effect as opposed to using the gain knob.
    Sonic

This is an example of some weird goofy stuff I was talking about in another thread. Works though I made a studio eq preset that does pretty much the same and I put it before the preamp too

Hmmm... sounds kinda Pregnant. I would start using unconventional methods similar to a metaphor about using things to make a podhd500 sound better. Comps in weird places, eq with odd settings etc.

To me the clip has a "forced" sounding gain compression

In general I don't know if my output settings are weird to be honest. I haven't changed them at any point but I notice with so many high gain profiles they come out like a static-y mess. It's even on ones where I've heard a sample of the person recording direct and mine sounds nothing like it. Difficult to say.

I'm curious as to what your output settings are and what you're running them out of

A while back... I had a thread suggesting a way for the Kpa to profile itself in a semi merged like fashion.

Today, I had a similar idea.

Would it be possible to tone match a profile with let's say ozone or whatever plug in, with a green scream in front and a studio eq in the back etc. and then re-profile the tone matched profile with the kpa?

Can I program the Kemper to SEND midi control programs TO my h9 and control them and assign those changes to a remote foot switch so i.e.

I switch to a different preset on the remote and the Kemper then tells my h9, hey, we changed to a different setting so , so should you.

???

With gain, less is more

Clarity and definition in the amp section are your best friends

I'm a huge advocate of the character knob in the cab section. Your cab profile plays a huge role

A profile with a tube screamer baked in will save you an extra block

Studio eq after cab section

.05-1.0 dry mix in the amp section

I once made a fender twin profile djent lol

Lots of gain can be fun but I found with my 8 string that if I'm playing through a cab that less gain is better if you use gates and want them catch.

Chairs! :thumbup:

I have some sounds that use the character parameter in the cab section all the up.

I want that sound to go to FOH
    While running my 4x12 cab with monitor cab off using the kpa power amp

The problem is, when I have monitor cab off
    The character knob fully cranked gives this ear piercing ,God awful , high end , resonate peak like as if I was running a wah after the cab section( gross I know <X ) coming through my cab. A similar/the same thing happens if the high or low shift is cranked

Not sure is this the right section to post this but it's a start? Haha :D

Chairs!!! ^^