Posts by ST

Clearing the loop should work exactly like with the Remote's stop button. You need to hit the stop button three times!

Thanks Burkhard,

Later this evening I went back and reviewed what I was doing with the footswitch. Yes it is working correctly (exactly like the Remote).

I made an edit to my post above.

Cheers,

ST

Hi scottguitar,

You can't turn an effect on/off with morphing BUT you can have it on in both morphed and unmorphed modes with different settings (e.g. no gain/with gain or substitute level for gain), and you can do this with two effects. But the effects must be ON in both states.

Normal

Effect one: No gain

Effect two: Some gain

Morphed

Effect one: Some gain

Effect two: No gain

Hi,

i want to add a 2-way switch to the remote to control the looper (only record/start and stop) so i dont have to switch to the looper menu before.

can i use any tap-switch and set the polarity (normal /inverse) so it works or do i have to use a special type of switch?

Hi,

I did this with a Boss FS6.

Looking from the back, all the switches are in the left position.

As of KPA OS version 7.2.1 the settings for the polarity are reversed (switch position right). See the orange arrows.

On the Kemper Remote I plugged into Pedal 5

On the Profiler

Settings

Page 10/18

Mode: Dual Switch

Switch Ring: Looper Start

Switch Tip: Looper Stop

The only challenge is when I have stopped the looper and I press looper stop again sometimes it doesn’t clear [correction - sometimes I'm not sure if I have cleared the loop] because there’s no visual cue you can’t be sure what happened. The solution is to switch to looper mode on the remote when I need to clear the loop. But for play, stop , over dub, it seems to work well enough.

ST

The carved eagle on the left was a gift from someone who showed up early at a gig.

Later I pulled out this guitar. It was a wild coincidence because that night was the first time I had played this guitar live. Nobody had seen it prior to that.

Hi julliac666.

Check out this tutorial

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Use the Kemper Direct Out.

Hi, Randy.

My profile describes me as "Beginner". Is this a default? I'm sure if I'd seen an option I'd have selected "professional" or something similar. I've tried changing this and it's not a filed that comes up under profile editing or settings. When I click "Account Management", I get: "Warning! You are editing your user account, careless changes might lock you out!" But then there is no option to proceed, so I feel as though the warning should just say, "you aren't allowed to edit your account settings. Sucks to be you!" Is there a way to edit this? I've been playing guitar for most of my life and doing it professionally for over 20 years. I got my first Kemper 4 years ago. I'd like to remove "Beginner" from my profile.

I'm not an admin here, but I have run other communities. I believe the "Beginner" label is assigned by the community software and that it's based on some algorithm that takes into account the number of posts you have contributed, the likes you have received, points you have earned and perhaps some other metrics that are not readily visible to us. It's probably not something we can change except by participating here.

Cheers,

ST

Press the Output Button.

Set Monitor Cab OFF

Hello. How do you search for DI profiles on the exchange? I'm buying a powerhead to use with a cab so I'd like to narrow the search to just DI's. Thanks.

in the output of the section of the Profiler you can set the monitor output cab off. This disables the cab section in any profile. Will that accomplish what you need?

Kemper said they will work in sealed or open back cabs....pretty much the same as any speaker. And, like other speakers, they will sound differently in an open back vs. closed cab.

I'm going to use mine in an open back, T21 Power Engine as a cabinet only powered by a DV Mark CMT head.

Thanks for your reply.

Since the Kemper Kab will be closed back, wouldn't you expect better performance (given a choice for your own cab) to use a closed back cab?

Sorry to bump my post - still wondering

Can I install the Kemper Kones in these cabinets

EV M-12G (note, these are sealed wedge type stage monitors)

swapping in the Kemper Kones replacing the EVM 12L drivers installed in them now.

Can you foresee any issues?

Thanks,

ST

Spent almost 20 minutes trying to track down a dodgy connection in my wiring, crackling lead, dodgy pots....trying different leads and different guitars.....driven insane.

To then realise, I had unwittingly managed to record...and indeed playback a 10 second loop...of me turning the kemper on with the lead dangling on the floor and then me plugging my guitar in.

Been there, done that, Boss FS6 for looper functions.

ST what a great idea using the Bose A1 packlite amp. It’s 250w at 4ohms.

Hi drog,

Yes, I've run the Profiler monitor out to the Bose A1 Packlite to a Trace Elliot 12x1 Open back cab with a Celestion G12 Classic Lead 80 (16 ohms). This sounded good to me - not super loud, but loud enough for a monitor.

I just resurrected a MosValve 500 and run it with two EV M-12G (note, these are sealed wedge type stage monitors I mentioned above), but that's over 90 pounds (41 kg) total weight. Too much to haul around. That's why I'm thinking about putting the Kemper Kones in the EV enclosures and using two of the little amps (6 pounds for two, instead of 31 pounds for the MosValve 500).

I'm curious about the Kemper Kone or Kemper Kabinet.

Looking at the specifications it looks like I could use my Bose A1 PackLite Amp (250 watts RMS into 4 ohms) 3 pounds

Profiler (unpowered) -> Bose A1 amp -> Kemper Kabinet

I have two of these Bose A1 amps so I could run stereo if so moved

SPECIFICATIONS

KEMPER Kabinet

Height 42 cm (16.54 inches)

Width 51 cm (23.62 inches)

Depth 23 cm (9.06 inches)

Weight 11,30 kg (24.91 pounds)

Power Handling 200W rms

Impedance 4 ohms

Frequency Range 50 - 10.000 Hzac

KEMPER Kone

Dimensions

30.5 cm (12 inches)

Weight 3,90 kg (8.60 pounds)

Power Handling 200W rms

Impedance 4 ohms

Frequency Range 50 - 10.000 Hz

Cut-out-diameter 28,3 cm (11,14 inches)

I wonder if I could install the Kemper Kones in these cabinets

Do you think I can swap in the Kemper Kones in these cabinets replacing the EVM 12L drivers?

The cabinets have EVM 12L Series II drivers installed.

Bolt Circle Diameter 294 mm (11.56 in.)
    Mounting Hole Diameter (eight evenly spaced holes) 7.1 mm (0.28 in.)-letter "L" drill

Hi Ingolf,

Thanks for your reply.

You mean CAB on vs cab off, right?

I'm already running CAB off (because I'm using the two cabinets EV M-12G M-12G EDS.pdf

&thumbnail=1

&thumbnail=1

"By engaging ‘‘Monitor Cab Off’ you can run the PROFILER directly to a power amp driving a physical guitar cabinet on stage, while the MAIN OUTPUT still carry the full signal, including the virtual speaker, which would be connected to the front mixing desk."

The point about turning off the Amp section - I wondered if I *should* turn off the Amp section since I'm running through the MosValve 500 power amp because it's not a FRFR amp.

I can do that for individual profiles.

Is there a universal setting in the Output Section (Monitor) that disables the Amp

Edit - I moved this question to Kone & Kabinet Q&A

I'm curious about the Kemper Kone or Kemper Kabinet.

Looking at the specifications it looks like I could use my Bose A1 PackLite Amp (250 watts RMS into 4 ohms) 3 pounds

Profiler (unpowered) -> Bose A1 amp -> Kemper Kabinet

I have two of these Bose A1 amps so I could run stereo if so moved

SPECIFICATIONS

KEMPER Kabinet

Height 42 cm (16.54 inches)

Width 51 cm (23.62 inches)

Depth 23 cm (9.06 inches)

Weight 11,30 kg (24.91 pounds)

Power Handling 200W rms

Impedance 4 ohms

Frequency Range 50 - 10.000 Hzac

KEMPER Kone

Dimensions

30.5 cm (12 inches)

Weight 3,90 kg (8.60 pounds)

Power Handling 200W rms

Impedance 4 ohms

Frequency Range 50 - 10.000 Hz

Cut-out-diameter 28,3 cm (11,14 inches)

I wonder if I could install the Kemper Kones in these cabinets

Do you think I can swap in the Kemper Kones in these cabinets replacing the EVM 12L drivers?

The cabinets have EVM 12L Series II drivers installed.

Bolt Circle Diameter 294 mm (11.56 in.)
    Mounting Hole Diameter (eight evenly spaced holes) 7.1 mm (0.28 in.)-letter "L" drill

Post Script to my post above

Using the setup above (Profiler Monitor Cab off to MosValve 500 to two EV M-12G) you might think things would sound better if I turn off the Amp section in the profiles.

I prefer the sound with the Amp section ON.

That may be because I'm not pushing the amp hard. In my rehearsal space, it's more than loud enough with the GAIN controls at 11:00 o'clock and the PRESENCE at noon.

ST