Posts by ST

Hi,

I'm looking for tips on how to use my

Profile Head + Rig Manager (on a computer)

AND

Stage + Rig Manager (on a different computer)

Just got my Kemper Stage. I've had my Profiler Head plus Remote for years.

The Profiler Head is connected to a Surface laptop on my network.

The Stage is connected to a Surface Book laptop, also on my network.

As I'm figuring out my workflow. Here's the plan:

• Profiler Head - I'll do all my experimenting with the Head
      • Audition Profiles from Rig Exchange and downloads and purchases
      • Build performances
    • Stage - play it live
      • Use Performances I built with the Profiler Head
      • Probably won't have many if any Profiles in Browser mode

I don't necessarily want to clone the two units (backup from Profiler Head, restore to Stage).

• I don't need all the Profiles on the Profiler Head in the Stage
      • I'd like the Stage to boot up fast
    • I haven't figured out how to 'backup' just performances to USB
    • I'd prefer to transfer files over my network
      • Export performances from the Profiler Head to a shared folder on my network (or OneDrive)
      • Import performance to the Stage from a shared folder on my network (or OneDrive)

Before I set all that up (not a big deal really) does anyone have tips on how to use a

Profile Head + Rig Manager (on a computer)

AND

Stage + Rig Manager (on a different computer)

Thanks!

ST

Hi,

I've been playing outdoors lately, without AC power. I just got a Kemper Stage, and I think it draws 50 watts (100-230 volts, 0.5 amps), but imagine it's probably less than that.

I have two Bose S1 Pro systems that run on internal rechargeable batteries. I'd like to get a lithium-ion battery power supply to run the Stage. It should run for 4 to 5 hours. I'm in Canada (110 volt AC)

Questions:

• Has anyone else done this?
    • What battery power source did you use? (links please)
    • How much power does the Stage really consume?
    • Does the Kemper require pure sine-wave power or will modified sine-wave work?

If the Stage actually draws less than 50 watts and can work with modified sine-wave power, I can hope something like this will work.

Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station

If the Stage really consumes 50 watts and requires pure-sine wave power then I'll have to get something like this.

Explorer 500 Portable Power Station

Of course the bigger one is more than twice the money.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

ST

I've had the white Kemper Profiler Head since 2015. Got the Remote a couple of years later.

I was looking for something simpler and lighter than carrying around both pieces. I tried Strymon Iridium (loved the simplicity and the sound but with only one preset, well you know). I tried the Line 6 HX Stomp. The whole time I was learning the ins and outs, I admired the ingenuity but chafed at the mindset. It probably would have been okay if I hadn't had to go through gymnastics to make things work with a three-button interface - well that and learn a whole new way of doing things. I wasn't looking forward to buying profiles/presets for two different platforms.

I was in the local music store (where I got my original Kemper). I was there on the 29th day of the 30-day return window for the Strymon Iridium and the HX Stomp. They had just received the Kemper Stage and put it out on display.

Well - you know what happened next.

Just did a backup of the factory setup. Now I have to do some research to clone my Profiler Head.

I got the Gibson Chet Atkins CEC

Nylon String Thinbody Cutaway with Spruce Top in Antique Natural Finish and Ebony Fingerboard with 2" Nut

https://web.archive.org/web/20…/Signature/chetcecec.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20…gnature/Chetdatasheet.pdf

Gibson introduced the Chet Atkins CE and CEC nylon string guitars in 1981, and they proved popular because they allowed for feedback-free playing at amplified stage volumes. These guitars are heavier than one might expect, but that is on purpose. The lack of a large resonating chamber and the added weight of the mostly solid body design helps to defeat feedback, especially on a nylon string guitar used for amplified performance.

Produced from 1981 to 2005, the Gibson Chet Atkins CE and CEC models are nearly identical, with the primary differences being the fingerboard material (rosewood or ebony 2") and the nut width. The bodies are made from solid mahogany and feature sound chambers to reduce weight and to make the sound more acoustic. The tops are solid spruce or cedar. The necks are mahogany with a neck joint location at the 12th fret – like a classical guitar, and the scale is 25 1/2″. And they feature a multi-element piezo bridge pickup with a battery-powered preamp that balances the output. The instrument featured here has three controls: Volume, Treble and Bass. Additionally, one can actually adjust the output for each string individually by adjusting one of the six trim pots located inside the control cavity!

Been wanting one of these for years. Picked it up recently. Perhaps not what you'd expect to find among Kemper owners. Playing this is doing wonders for my technique. One of the last ones made (Aug 2005).

Hi, Gunnerfive.

Here's what I did.

1. In Rig Manager (version 3.0.117.16214)
      1. Under Local Library created a new folder called "Everything Pack"
    2. On the computer (Windows 10)
      1. Unzip Everything+Pack. zip
      2. Navigate to "Everything Pack" folder
      3. Drag the "Everything Pack" folder on the computer
        to the Rig Manager | Local Library | Everything Pack folder

Hi pat6969

Where in Canada? Did I see your ad on CL in BC? If it was, then you're probably less than 90 min away from me.

Haven't figured out how to send a direct of private message through this community. If you have, please drop me a note with a phone # or text # and we can talk.

Hi Robman,

Using the Kemper Remote to control the SIM1 XT-1 sounds like a way to avoid tapping the SIM1 XT-1 multiple times when changing pickups. There are still the mental gymnastics of keeping the pickup selector on the guitar in sync with the pedal.

It might be simpler just to add another midi controller or just tap dance on the SIM1 XT-1 though. What if you want to switch rigs?

For example:

Say you want to play five different rigs but with those, you might choose any one of three guitars with up to five different pickups.

You'd be okay if

- You stayed with one profile for a whole song, but switched pickups at various points in the song.

OR

- You stayed with one guitar and pickup for a whole song, but switched rigs at various points in the song

For studio work, I imagine you could reduce the number of variables for a song or passage.

I'm beginning to think this could be challenging for playing live if you frequently switch pickups while playing.

Ingolf

Thanks for your replies.

Thinking through the playing experience it looks like I will have to tap the SIM1 XT-1 one or more times every time I change change pickups on the guitar I'm playing. For example:

On the guitar, switching from the bridge pickup to the neck pickup - the blade switch moves through one, two, three, four notches but of course, you can do that in one smooth movement. On the floor, I have to tap up or down button, one, two, three, four times. That feels like a lot of thinking and coordination to switch pickups. That might not be a big obstacle in the studio, but I can imagine getting out-of-sync when playing live.

Ingolf, am I missing something?

ST