Posts by ST

Hi, Ingolf.

Inspired by your post I pulled out some old gear and I've had a lot of fun over the last 48 hours. This is way more weight than I would take to a show just for monitors. I haven't done an A/B comparison with the FRFR rig yet. But there's a visceral response to playing my guitars with this rig.

KPA unpowered head - Output - Monitor Cab Off - Monitor Stereo

-> Mosvalve 500 MV500UserManual.pdf

-> -> two EV M-12G M-12G EDS.pdf

The EV cabinets are handy because they were designed as wedge stage monitors. They contain EV M12L loudspeakers

The three pieces weigh a little over 90 pounds (45 kg).

I may try a smaller version of this at a gig.

- Bose A1 PackLite Amp (250 watts RMS into 4 ohms) 3 pounds

- one EV M-12G

or

- Trace Elliot SC112 1x12 cabinet (Celestion G12 Classic Lead 80 16 ohm)

Hi,

EDIT - Never Mind - for some reason - everything started working this afternoon.

I'll leave the following for hysterical historical reasons.

The original post appears below.

I updated Rig Manager to version 2.3.14.15126

It hangs up with a message on the bottom "Downloaded 894 of 1694 remaining rigs".

I thought this was odd, so I installed Rig Manager on a different computer. I get the same message with different numbers "Downloaded 83 of 635 remaining rigs".

I get these messages whether or not I have the computer connected to the Profiler running firmware 7.1.5.15526.

Rig Manager responds to mouse clicks on the menu across the top and the Rigs tree - but I can't Preview, Upload, Make Favorite, Paste or Delete Rigs. All those options are greyed out.

When I restart Rig Manager I get a message "Rig Manager is performing a task. Do you really want to quit before the task is complete?"

Then when it starts up, it starts loading rigs again, and will get stuck in a different place like ""Downloaded 160 of 827 remaining rigs".

Both computers are running Windows 10 Version 1909.

Any suggestions on how to get Rig Manager working again?

Thanks,

ST

Hi,

Looking at getting a Powered Rack or Lunchbox. I have been using my unpowered Lunchbox with remote for years - love it through my Bose L1 x 2 or Bose Compact (one or two depending on the gig).

Have wondered about getting a Powered Rack or Lunchbox for convenience or just the experience of using a 12" cab as the monitor on stage.

Powered Rack or Lunchbox - How tricky is it to use the powered output to a cab as stage monitor and send the main out to PA (assuming I'll treat that as FRFR)

If there's an article or previous discussion - I'd be happy to follow a link.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before - I searched.

The warranty says,

Warranty:

All our products come with a complimentary telephone/ email technical support for the foreseeable future. In addition, a limited hardware warranty covers your Profiling Amplifier and all included accessories against defects for 36 month from the original purchase date.

Source: https://shop.kempermusic.com/ca/en/gb/warranty-money-back

Is the warranty transferable to a subsequent purchaser of a used Profiler assuming I have the original bill of sale?

I'm looking at picking up a second Profiler. I have an unpowered lunchbox and remote. I have a chance to pick up a near-new powered rack with remote and I'm considering it, but it's a no-go if the warranty isn't transferable.

Thanks!

Hi ACY,

Can you say more about *exactly* how you switched the looper location? Thanks!

Good news, you can switch looper location also with greyed out buttons, so just switch the location, it´s working fine!

Very nice update, this! :)

Good news, you can switch looper location also with greyed out buttons, so just switch the location, it´s working fine!

Very nice update, this!

I've got the external switches working fine. And I *think* that at point I had it working POST, but somehow it got switch to PRE and I'd like to switch it back. How do you do that if you don't have the Kemper Remote? Thanks

From page 11 of the 4.0 reference manual

By setting the Looper Location switch in the respective System menu page, you can choose the position of the Looper in the signal flow.
     Location “Pre”
    The Looper is placed right after the instrument input. It records the pure guitar signal and plays it back into the Stomps Section. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, then you'll hear the playback processed by the different Rigs. However, when you perform overdubs, then all overdubs will be run through the same rig as if multiple guitars were played through the same amp at the same time.
     Location “Post”
    The Looper is placed right after the last effect - the Reverb Module. It records the fully processed stereo signal. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, then the playback sound will not change! This allows you to play along, or even overdub, with an unlimited number of different Rigs.

Hi Kulle Wumpenteich,

Thank your for your reply. I've had my Kemper Profiling Amp since mid-May, and I've been reading here but haven't had much to add.

I've been using the Bose L1 for my shows for 10 years (although I have kept up with the latest models). I was very happy when I plugged connected the KPA to the Bose. It meant that I didn't have to get any more gear to get great results from the KPA and I could continue to use the Bose as I always have for instruments and vocals.

It's always difficult to describe tone so when I got this new microphone I thought it would be nice to be able share what I'm hearing in the air, with others. It's not that the air adds anything, but I hope that the track conveys some of the sense of sound I get "live".

If you are curious, I have uploaded profiles in Rig Exchange (http://www.kemper-amps.com/rigexchange). Search for McIntyre.

Thank you for you kind words about the music.

Got a new microphone and I did a short clip so Bose L1 owners could hear the Kemper through the Bose.

L5 KPA L1 RM1

L5 CES
    through Kemper Profiling Amp (ZAP Clean Lite Dumble)
    to Bose L1 Model II with 2 B1s
    recorded with Cliff Mics RM1 at 3 feet

Normally I would just record direct but I wanted to do this so other L1 owners could hear a little of what the KPA can do, and I was really pleased with the sound of this microphone.

I'd be grateful for any comments.

Thank you.
    ST