Posts by Slippery-Jim

Dangit... I was clean... and now I'm back on the stuff........ <X

$1k with 36 months no interest on my card... Sucked in... like the proverbial junkhead to the smack.......

I feel so... dirty... 8o:love::saint:

I can fully emphasize. No way are you crazy though...

The red thing to the left is a Matthias Jabs (Scorpions) unnumbered but signed Mastercaster... played by the master himself and made by Domagret, but I have no regrets either. Nitro cellulose lackered, Maple carbon rosewood neck. Swamp Alder body. Joined raw wood to wood - (Hendrix trick for better sound). Hand wound single/double neck pickup, reverse pole funkstrat middle and bridge totally uncompromising double. 5 switch control and additional pole switch goes to bridge pickup without controls - straight through and raw baby. Floyd-Rose bridge tremolo. I'm in heaven most nights. :thumbup:

Hi folks!
    When I turn on the profiler with the chicken switch to browse, turn off the monitor speaker and turn on the headphone output (my daughter's revising for her finals) and then turn the switch to tuner, after pushing exit, I don't get the usual note indication that I've come to expect. The graphics are there though. The situation is remedied by turning the chicken switch back to browse and then back to tuner. Seems to be a phenomenon / problem uniquely associated with System 3.0. Any explanations? Anyway, in my opinion this should be looked at. ;(
    SJ

@KillDivision,
    "I replaced the cabinet by a H&K V30 from Sinmix."

A noncommercial cab profile? Or did u get his permission? Im all for sharing tweaks but you cant give out partial commercial profiles for free w/o permission. Sorry to be a buzzkill.

meambobbo. IMO, Unless there is a specific non disclosure agreement, you can do what you like with any profile. You pay the profiler for using the information. If you wish, you might want to explain how you customised a rig by changing the cab. Otherwise it's almost as absurd as not being able to use a commercial rig profile in a public broadcast and changing the cabs. Anyways, were it not for your publicity on what you did, how would you be able to tell the difference between you making the profile and the original?

Yeah! started on both packs last night. Cool sounds even if I have to play though headphones at the moment! Can't wait to hear them through my Matrix FR212!!!!!

Hope the pain's passing bro' and you get back on track making more of those great Marshall and Champ profiles!

SJ

Thanks for all the welcome support guys! The AKG 702 headphones are really good. They don´t rip your head off and they are really quite flat sounding. So it´s quiet running for me - at least until July. BTW, the Matrix FRFR212 is just great too. When Emma is out the house, I just let 'em go - oh boy!
    S-J

Welcome to the forum. I'm like you, trying to get used to the lack of OOOOMPH compared to a "normal" cab when going FRFR, but I'm getting there!
    S-J

Hi You guys!
    Bought a Profiler about a year ago - amazing!!! :thumbup:. At first I got a 2x12 Greenbacks cab from Tube Thomsen. The day before yesterday my Matrix FRFR212 arrived. The Thomsen cab is great too, and is really mellow, but the Matrix is awesome for clarity of sound. :D. Full marks for GB keeping going against the ATOMIC's of the USA.

I only have a further problem - my daughter's in the final year of school (ABITUR) and needs to revise for her exams, so I have to get some good FRFR monitor headphones ;(. I have got some AKG 702 monitors, and hopefully they'll be ok. :rolleyes:
    Otherwise I'll need a studio - regularly.

Kit: H&K 18W Tube, Marshall Valvestate 40. Numerous pedals, now hardly ever used apart from Black finger compressor from EHX. Kemper Powerhead, Thomsen 2x12 cab, Matrix FRFR212.
    Guitars 2013 LP standard. Mastercaster orig. gig played Matthias Jabs (signed, No serial number :D) Jap Strat from 1997ish. Martin Acoustic.
    Looking for a band to play...