Posts by theplayer

ou should use monitor outputs for monitoring. I.e. monitor out, and possibly direct out if you have two speakers.

Since I'm still searching for a perfect speaker cab, i might try this DXR 10. But I like playing stereo as well on stage. So I would need two of them. The Kemper has a mono amp though. If I use the monitor out and direct out for these speakercabs I still don't have stereo, only by using the main outs. But moth options would require a (all) valve stereo amp. Can the direct out and monitor handle this, without damaging the internal amp? Even when its volume is set to 0?

OK Thanks!
    I can choose to install the beta OS, while keeping the updated RM. But it's a common fact that a beta version is still under development and can be quite instable. Is this safe...?

You can choose beta releases via the dropdown menu or you're updating via RigManager. In this case go to RM preferences and tick the check box "search for beta releases" (or similar).

Nothing happens. And there's another problem. I used to click on a rig in Rig manager and an headphones icon appeared in front of the rig name. My profiler showed immediately that rig so I could try out how it sounds.
    Now, nothing happens anymore. I can only scroll through all rigs so there seems to be not any connection going on between Rig Manager en Profiler

I updated my rig manager to V2.011.12783. I then got a message that I should update the profiler's software too to version 5.10. My profiler has been updated for a while to 5.0.3.12660.
    The problem is that under the section SUPPORT - Downloads (Operating System Updates - latest addition) ) only Profiler System 5.0.3 Release is available (from 2016-11-30) That's the one I have.

So how to get to 5.10?

One thing to consider: you need way more power on the FRFR than on a tube amp. The FRFR may by no means add any further distortion or clipping. It will instantly kill the sound. So you need more headroom, more power and even better: high efficiency speakers.

This I don't understand: way more power? kill the sound? need more headroom? add any distortion or clipping?
    Does it mean it's bad to choose FRFR?

My aim is to get me 2 mono cabs (like the unpowered Mission Gemini 1-P) in conjunction with an all valve stereo amp, connected to the main outs of the Kemper.

I could also go for the powered cab versions (like the Mission Engineering Gemini 1) but that comes with a digital power amp and I wonder if this can sound like a real all valve amp.

Seehttps://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GM1

and

https://missionengineering.com…emini-1-p/?v=796834e7a283

Sofar I used my Powered Kemper with a 4x12 300W Line 6 cabinet. Not very pleased with it. For a while now I'm looking for a real matching cab with my amp. Everyone is praising so much the use of FRFR speakers. OK, but then you should always make use of cab-sim with every preset that you make or use. As long as the right cabinet for this matter can be attached it would be no problem. But the used cabs in a profile are not always present to choose from

Anyway, I guess that I would be better off with a FRFR speaker cab. If I would use, let's say, a Marshall 4x12 cab I would be stuck to only that kind of speakers for every song ...right?

So in my search I came upon quite expensive FRFR speakercabs: the Mission Gemini 2 (amplified) for use through the main outs of the Kemper. And since I would like te play stereo to benefit the new delays (among others...!) I would need two of them, for sound spreading reasons.

But I could also use the unpowered versions: Gemini 1-P. That requires an extra stereo valve amp to the main outs. And since I have a powered Kemper (mono however) it seems like overkill. I should have bought me an unpowered version in the first place for this matter...But still, if an all valve stereo amp would be so much better...then.....

Anyway, anyone to comment on this? Is FRFR really better? Is Mission for this a perfect (?) solution? Does anyone have any experience with these cabs (powered or unpowered) And what be the best options? Or what other cabs might deliver the same best possible sound for the Kemper.

Thanks for your reply! I can imagine there's a lot of time involved with getting that sound. There seems to be not any amount of reverb or delay present. It's hard to copy. I'd like a kind of soundbank with tweaked rigs which really sound as the original. So only your guitar would make the difference. Would save a lot of time, grief and efforts...:-)

Does anyone have a good suggestion for the best possible cab to suit the Kemper? I mean a real speaker cab that blows you away with tons of tone coming out of its speakers and what gives you that all valve sustained tone coming from the amps inside the Kemper and what the Kemper was designed for on stage. I can't describe it any better...

Is Kemper capable in getting reverbs sounding far away from stage, in the distance, in the toilet or something like that (I can't describe it better..)
    I'm not allowed to add a copyrighted piece so here's a link to what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK9cB8h9o8g

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I was here but have been playing a lot. I choose this topic of me to let everyone know that the new delays are awesome! I know, a bit late to mention this but they are truly a big improvement when you (like me in some cases) like a guitar wall of sound in big natural environment say a mile away...You can capture this grand live stage studio cd-sound now in your room. Great!
    That's what I wanted to share with you all. Keep playing with the toaster.

So it's me that can't get into the secrets... It all sounds very logical, but Waraba mentiones that this is all possible with the 5.0 delays. I have Kemper version 4.0.6. 123347. I wil definitely upgrade tomorrow to this new version.
    BTW.. does this mean that this video demo is from some days ago....? And that with previous Kemper versions these sounds were not possible?

All the way it would be very nice to read how to get (tweak) those two magnificent sounds like I showed in this topic. I guess they are recorded in stereo too, Awesome. That is how a guitar should sound, at least for me...

For building performances I studied on this video from Kemper:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5_iafCGAQ8&feature=youtu.be
    When I hear these demo's I wonder if these sound examples are real. I have my Kemper a long time but there's no way I can get that fully rich sounds in that demo: at 0:35 "In this song we take a clean sound in slot 1" OR at 1:19: the magically deep space reverb delay in the solo: "...and finally in slot 5 we have a sound for a solo.
    I mentioned this before. Somehow they present this as easy to achieve from a (standard?) Kemper. Is that really the case? Or have these sounds
    been made with a battery of extra (external) stomps, mixers etc. to convince everyone: you have these sounds too or you can achieve them easily.?

Normally the following should work:
    1. Lower rig volume until the red blinking output LED goes off.
    2. Compensate your general volume with the master volume.
    3. Now level all your rigs from there.

This seems to be working. It's not easy though because of of big differences between both rigs in leveling rig volume and master volume. For master volume I have to go more than 5.4 dB and this is just study room volume. What is left for stage volume while there are more but no useable volume settings left (like fx) which cause red clipping?

0 dB would just be neutral, could eventually be too much. The +6,7 dB in Vibroverb is a lot. Why not reduce volumes incrementaly to the negative, until the output clip led gets calm?

The booster with +3.3 dB might make sense, if you wish to get noticeably louder when you turn it on. Maybe start with reducing the amp volume...

Reducing the Vibroverb's volume to 0.0 dB or even lower would make sense, but it hardly makes any difference. Besides, this results in a volume gap between this clean and the solo rig volume. And I'm not playing that loud, juist in my study.
    I shut down the booster and this helps a bit, but still there are red peaks. If a booster is the problem then it;s a quite usesless item for a clean rig.

I'm sorry to bring up the issue here again, but what I thought was right in tweaking, didn't help. The led from Output keeps on clipping red!

I'll show what this rig consists of:
    BTW If one of the volumes is set too high, then my remark that I tried to decrease it earlier to 0 but with no improvement!

So what is wrong here?

As written before, I have a GLP Standard 1995