Posts by drog

Can you use two amp profiles at the same time? No
    Can you record with USB? No

Where the Kemper shines is how it captures the profiles and how accurately it does it. You capture (profile) the sound of a real amp. This in a nut shell is the beauty of the Kemper. After that, you treat the Kemper and profile as you would with any real tube amp.

Where other companies set out so you can make any amp you want, even ones that have never existed. Kemper takes a different approach and captures the essecnce of a real life amp. So I can play hundreds of real life amps, like they were meant to be.

No need for comparisons, the Kemper plays like an amp and thats all any of us could ask for. Anything else is just deviating away from the sole purpose.

Cheers

I use a Vox Tone Lab Se, I can change patches, turn off effect slots, have two expression pedals for wah, volume or modulation. This unit is not small but it is made well.

I have seen others also use a Pod HD 500.

look for these used

Buying from a local store offers other benefits. I can finance if I want, I can extend my warranty, my warranty would offer a replacement unit so I can still get by, extended warranty will,cover lemons or new replacement of same or same value. I also get to try it before buying. The store offers piece of mind shopping. It is also a customer/ store relationship for other things as well. I prefer to also support locally.

Some people might not understand why some prefer to shop locally in town, but rest assured many still do.

Not having the Remote available through stores will kill sales, IMO. I can see the early bird not being available, but not at all? I for one would never purchase this way. Does not seem like a smart way to market a product, if this holds true.

All
    I received an email from Sweetwater on Friday, explaining that they have been informed by Kemper that remotes will only be sold direct

What??? Can we get a confirmation from Kemper on this. Is this only for the early bird as had been stated, or for all? Does this effect other distributers in North America? I certainly hope this will be available for sale through regular music stores, as I do not want to have to deal with ordering direct from overseas.

Could someone from Kemper set this straight for us?
    Thanks

Drog, in order to have the input not clip, clean sens is the control to tweak. Dist sens is meant to not have a sound distort too fast when the gain increases.

IOW, the distortion you get when CS is too high for the input signal is not the "profile" distortion, but he Kemper input's distortion, which is bad.

:)

Yes CS will control the input. But it did not solve my issue with my distorted sounds being over saturated and distorted.

So, as per the Kemper manual
    "If you feel that your guitar tends to drive the distortion too hot (or too soft) for the majority of preset rigs,
    then calibrate your guitar by setting “Distorted Sens”, to the left or right from the neutral zero position. "

Lowering DS did the trick for me. :)

If they DO make changes to the Input Section, I would not like the Distortion Sense control to go away.

My 80s guitars have much hotter pickups than the current retro or real vintage guitars have. Turning down the Distortion Sense is a one knob way to make all rigs sound like the sound clips people post of them.

I agree Paults. My inputs were clipping and my sounds were muffled/distorted/oversaturated. I turned down my DS a bit and it made a world of difference in the sound of the rigs, they now sounded as I thought they should in comparision to the real life amps.

had the DS control not been accessible, I would have not been happy with the Kemper sounds.

I now love my Kemper.

i was a tube or nothing guy, non beliver in this SS/ digital stuff. Gave this Kemper a shot and...now my tube amps sit in the corner, lol

it does take a little bit to find the ins and outs to make it better, but as you do you realize just how good this thing is.

you can also mount your rack into an empty amp head for that real amp look. Check out Mission Enginerring and they offer such a empty amp head cabinet to mount your Kemper into.

have fun, welcome aboard!

What rig(s) are you using in the clips? Have you made any preset adjustments to the rig(s)?
    you said you lowered your CS, have you lowered your DS? I had some muddy/ fuzziness from my Kemper, and nothing I adjusted (cab volume, output level, effects off, etc) made any difference. Finally lowered my DS a bit and that made everything better. For some reason it was way too hot and distorting my profiles.

I profile, so I can learn to make/hear the sounds of my amps and to understand what the Kemper can do and what others do. I am still learning techniques, still prefer the commercial options. There is more to it than just sticking a mic in front of a amp. I can appreciate the value of what others offer and their experience.
    Still, it is very neat to try making your own and refining the profiles and studio techniques.

Cheers!

I have been trying out a few different powered speakers to use with my Kemper. I keep going back to this PSA1. It truly gives me that guitar cabinet sound and feel I have been looking for. Its like I am plugging into a Marshall stack. It sounds huge. Here is their website:
    http://yorkville.com/loudspeak…_parasource/product/psa1/

I might see if they can paint it Kemper green for me, as they offer color options.

Anyone else try this speaker?