Posts by spottydog10

So I'm watching bits of the USA Conventions to see who can be the most insincere whilst pinching your pockets.
    And this corker came to mind:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'd just downloaded the Bert Whatshisname sound pack - first profile out of the bag nailed the guitar sound on this.

Thank you Bert.

Using a send in to one of the return channels ended up with increased noise and pretty horrible.
    Taking a send and plugging it straight in to track 2 worked very well. I just balanced the 2 channel levels to roughly 60/40, sounfs pretty good.

Thanks Paul.

I think it's a slight pressure on the tremolo arm as it's played and a touch of verb and chorus Robman.
    If you play it exactly as is on the track and with a clean sound (no distortion cheating) it's quite a challenge and not as simple as you think. Or as I thought:)

Nethervon, I tried the amp section comp and the comp stomp. I think I need a different profile to get closer.(I think I used the Cube one as a starter)
    The Bassman is a possible...

The lead on this at 2mins 08 is pretty much a generic strat sound but it does have some nice depth to it as well.
    I cant remember the amp I used to copy it (not at my desk) but it was a pretty much a clean amp with the strat in the bridge/middle position.I've bunged a bit of comp and a touch of chorus on and it's close but it still sounds a bit weak.
    Any amp suggestions? It needs some depth but not a lot of drive.
    Ta.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ah yes but what settings?
    I have experimented with that until my ears don't know the difference between a fly or a ten ton lorry going past my ears:)

Anybody got a profile that would make a Fender Jaguar bass sound a bit more like a Rickenbacker bass?
    I understand they are not the same instrument etc, even so...
    Woof!

Tomster, very nice that.
    I put it on a track last night and it sits really well using my Fender Jag bass.
    I used the graphic eq to tame a bit of the mid and high mids and bunged the standard compressor on it.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Well if some kind soul wants to offer to do me X3 patches for me I'd be eternally grateful.
    There's quite a few so it would probably be a pain so I'm keeping me eye out for a second hand unit on Ebay.
    I could even get the Live version and use the pedal board to change patches on the Kemper (not that I do much live playing)

I know this has been asked before but not for some time.
    I need to repair a couple of tracks with the exact same sound on a recording, they were originally done with a Pod X3.
    I still have the patches (but not the pod).I'm gonna buy an X3 to do what's needed but after that I'd like to have everything in one box (the Kemper)
    How successful is the Kemper at profiling an individual patch and what is the best way to do so for accuracy?
    I'm talking about sounds without much effects on, maybe a touch of compression is all.
    I thank you.

PS If it's not accurate enough I'll keep the pod this time round just in case.