Posts by DamianGreda

After the remote there will be some future evolution of the KPA itself? There will be some next step to the KPA algorithm ? Or the project is done and finished?
    I don't have in mind the features like fx or some tweaks.
    Is there some future researches going on with KPA patent?

What is on my mind is for example the alien sounds can be burst patterns to take some transient analysis from the amp.
    Or can be burst patterns to take a compression characteristic of an amp over a time.
    Now we have some hardcoded (bias, compression and sag) algorithm that are independent(or partially independent) of the real amp.

Just wondering if there is some future developments:)

If I record a loop with one rig (sound) I would be able to add another loop or play along with a different rig without effecting the original, correct?
    How about saving the loop? Is this possible?

1. I think yes - your be able to change your rig without affecting the loop sound.

2. I don't think your be able to save the loop .
    The loop is stored in RAM memory - so if you switch you KPA off it will be deleted. Flash memory in KPA is too low to store your loop.
    But it's nice feature request to store your loop on the USB stick:)
    Especially if you can store it in wav file format to play or cut it in PC.
    Another problem is how KPA will ask for play loop from your USB stick/ or record it .

This is difficulty problem because :
    - If you play with dynamic / low compressed rigs - some notes played hard may be too loud or may find that after normalization low volume notes are at very low volumes

How do you want to normalize? Normalization is taking some value of loudness (dB dbA ) from some time period. How long the time period must be?

Compare it to watching a movie with commercials:) they both has different dynamics - and commercials are always louder then the movie - even when the dB meter showing the same.

It will always depend how you are play (low or high dynamics)/ or rigs with you are play (distorted or clean).

If you want to normalize - then use compression and limiter as last FX.
    Limiter in KPA? That will be good feature request:)

Another way is this :
    1. to put the "normalize" option to the rig menu - with some dB frequency weights and as parameter will be the reference loudness over the spectrum
    2. if you hit the normalize in the rig menu the KPA - you have to play your song as usual for some time(?)
    3. the KPA will analyze the spectrum with weights over the time and add a correction to the desired loudness level.
    4. you have to store the rig.

Make sure that in system menu on page 4 you have set:
    Pedal 1 to Expression(Type 1 or Type 2 ) and on 1: is showing Wah Wah

From EP-3 website:
    Supplied Cable: 6.5’ ¼” TRS - TRS

should be ok.

No, the noise gate does not affect this hiss/hum at all. The noise gate works, but I tested this with 1 noise gate and then eventually added 3 more noise gates in the other stomp sections. It didn't matter if I had 4 all on, it had the same effect of just 1 noise gate. This hiss does seem like it could be as a result of EM noise. I will try again later today - it could be because my KPA is close to my computer.

Noise Gate is only cutting a signal out bellow threshold - so if you turn off the noise gate you should hear the hiss all the time. And if you unther the tereshold level the hiss is passing withe guitar signal. Noise gate is not the same as noise reduction .
    You have KPA close to the PC - turn off PC and monitor and see if that helped.
    What kind of pickups do you have in guitar?

It is one of the most basic effects in history of guitar FX but I cannot simulate it in KPA. I have tried with noise gate and compressor but i failed.
    it's not very cpu demanding - just put volume to 0 when signal reaches the threshold level - and use some slow attack time curve.
    Or even better - to put this options to Lead booster or Pure Booster fx's.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can try to go to the system menu with USB connected and hold system button for 4 seconds to debug mode.
    Navigate to the page with the list - there will be USB Stick Connected at first position - set is to marked.
    Then do to the page where is displayed "MAINTENANCE PAGE"
    hit right most soft button "USB Update"
    there will be a list with avaliable kaos.bin updates - select one and hit update soft button.

or try" Burn FW Image".
    Also please try to format usb stick on windows in FAT32 format.

I have 2.8 FW and tried revert it to 2.7 and back without a problem.

I have found that in FW 2.8 on debug mode in system menu there is parameter USB MIDI and Ext.MIDI and you can mark this as on (V):) So maybe in 3.0 official FW there will be USB MIDI support:)

EDIT: ups - mirekgr10 alredy posted this:) sorry for doubled info:)