Posts by nathanmachine

Hello everyone. If you read the Kabinet materials and manual, it basically says the Kone shouldn't be used without a profiler, which makes sense - but I have yet to see someone who has used a powered Kabinet with the output of their daw (for example using amp sims) just as a FRFR speaker (in the mode without the speaker imprint) - this should be possible with the Aux input into the Kabinet. Has anyone tried this, or has anyone seen a review or feedback of this anywhere?

Really curious how the kabinet performs as a FRFR speaker for other amps sims as well so anyone with personal experience on this with feedback would be appreciated!:)

I love my kemper. It's basically something I sort of dreamed of as a kid...but not exactly as you can't even dream of something that hasn't yet been invented!

I can't wait for the editor, like many of the people on this forum....but I never asked for all of the amazing updates that have happened for me in the last six years - each one was like a present you didn't even know was coming.

I check this thread just to make sure I don't miss a beta or something of the new editor, but as much as I love this positive community, the complaining and days counting is kind of weak in my opinion.

I mean, we know after seeing the demo of the software that it's coming. I'm sure Kemper as a company knows that not only its current customers, but also potential customers will value an editor highly...therefore they have every incentive to release a stable editor as soon as possible.

I realize that with some companies, the feedback loop of its dedicated customers can add productive pressure to get fixes/updates etc out the door faster. But with a history of constant updates with new features that nobody really asked for and yet after were beloved by everyone who received them (me included), I think we should remember all of this gifts we got from Kemper along the way and consider it a huge amount of built of goodwill from the company, and just wait patiently and happily, the whole time making walls of sound that were really just an impossible dream before they developed this amazing product.

Bravo Kemper team!

Nothing about the editor?

Geez - he didn't bring it up once. I enjoyed the chat (which was more of a "founders/entrepreneurial business chat" sort of interview...but it wouldn't hurt to ask about the damn editor which essentially removes the only competitive advantage ALL of the software competitors to the Kemper. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep on waiting like everyone else. ;(

I don't think this is the best forum for a lot of responses on this question, but I have a power toaster and a remote and am looking to sell them both to get a K-stage - does anyone have any advice of what sites other than Reverb in the US is the best to go about this? i don't really have experience selling gear - please feel free to DM if you have any advice so the thread doesn't get diluted. Thanks!

-:)

It’s Looks like they have amp, eq and cab on the line (see about 3:38). As you say there does not appear to be system, rig, inout, output etc. but as they are still working on the software and only releasing in the summer they may add those in (hopefully). As Toastme has shown all the sections are possible to be edited externally.

The whole thing looks great though and I can’t wait to try the final version.

Yup - I'll take what I can get, although to be honest would love it if everything was adjustable in the editor as the output/system settings are sometimes cumbersome to deal with on the hardware.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Watching that video, I suspect but could very well be wrong that the editor/rig manager is only going to allow controls of the amps and effects - not the underlying settings of the kemper such as outputs etc. Now, I'm not complaining as I'll be pumped to have an official editor when it comes out (especially a free one), but it makes me think that for some people there still will be a place for the ToastMe alongside the Editor.

I think he was referring to the OS firmware, not the editor.

I agree.

Any to others about the lack of software release date roadmap, let me explain a couple things, then I'll leave it alone on the forum and just wait quietly like everyone else, playing with my kemper hardware happily:

1) professional software roadmaps are a lot more specific than many people on this forum like to say. i'm speaking from experience, both small company and large company (at one point i was the loudest analyst on wall street covering the internet sector in new york, including facebook)

2) even if the kemper roadmap isn't formal/solid as above, my point is that if you're doing an interview about the most requested thing in kemperland with the the ceo and the main product developer of the most requested product, you should probably ask about the timing of release

:saint:

Well CK described it as a prototype at the beginning, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I guess my point is that the developer and CK are standing right there demoing a working piece of software (prototype usually refers to hardware so I'll take that as an ESL) - it's pretty easy to ask about a release date. They've been working on it over a year for sure since I asked CK last year about it at NAMM and he said they are working on it. And here is a working piece of software - pretty easy to ask: when do you expect it to be released by (or even a beta release). I'm not at NAMM this year but if anyone is still there please just ask the obvious question.

Unless I missed it - I'm confused - I don't understand why they didn't even bother to ask an estimate on the release of the Kemper Editor or any other details. Of course release dates are fluid for software, but one can ask - and it looks already pretty usable at the moment.

Quote from nathanmachine: “Quote from sambrox: “Sinmix started a thread on his theories of how the KPA works. There were a few others that chipped in with their own ideas, too. It's an interesting read. Cliff Chase from Fractal, the makers of Axe FX,…

Thank you! I actually saw that one in my search but discounted it thinking it must be an older thread I was looking for......thanks again.