Posts by hi_range

I keep delay and reverb locked to off while auditioning, too. Not because I don't like the Kemper effects, but because people tend to drown rigs so it's difficult to hear the true flavour.

+1 on that.

The quality (to my ears) of a rig I personally can judge much easier once I hear it raw.

Adding fx at taste polishes what is great as base.

Dual Rectifier Solo Head Pack out now!!

I got the Dual Rec pack today. After a bunch of Rectifier profiles I have bought before, I told myself this would be my last try. Most of the rigs I had so far are absolute high-gain settings with a lot of mush and fizz that were never really my piece of cake so far.

It's all about taste, of course, so I am not saying there's only unusable stuff avaiable - I am sure, there are great profiles, but simply not entirely what I was looking for.

What I can say after a first playthrough: The Tonehammer-profiles are really a walkthrough of all three channels with all (meaningful) settings (incl. raw/vintage/modern modes, tube-rectified and silicon-diode settings, ...) - it's really the amp transferred to the KPA.

I am especially happy there are not tons of effects loaded to the rigs, but plain profiles. It helps to concentrate on the tone, "cosmetics" to be applied afterwards (adding stomps. EQ, reverb, delay, ...) at taste. I prefer it this way.

No question: there is the expected "Rectifier Blast", massive high-gain distortion, the amp is famous for. The great thing here is the articulation, strings still well recognizable and not a muddy shhhhhh. Great!

The surprising thing to me was that there are great crunch and rock-rhythm settings in Ch1 pushed and also the vintage-modes of Ch. 2 and Ch. 3 ! Truly transparent and wide-sounding balanced tones, that are great for a lot of styles - these rigs are not metal-to-the bone only.

I almost entirely go with the 1960 settings by the way.

To me, this is a great work-package. It is representing the Dual Rectifier, capturing its nature and professionally transferred into a versatile set of rigs! The price of 20 EUR is rather on the high side, but still acceptable for the quality you get. Keep on rocking!

I am not exactly sure about the FW version, but I guess I'll just update to 3.0.0 and also upgrade RM to 1.3.1 once I will be back home. Let's see, maybe the issue just disappears.

In case the problem remains, I guess I'll open a new thread to share the experience.

Thanks, viabcroce, for your advice!

Where is the issue reported to take place?

what do you mean by that? It's just that error-message with the hint to do the "power-on with rig-button".I am not at home right now so cannot check in more detail unfortunately.

Is there a sort of error-log which I can access to get more problem-details

?Many thanks for your interest and willingness to help, viabcroce!

Well, the Rig Manager helps a lot ... you could just keep on the unit what you regularly use, and limit experimentation to when you're connected.

:)

Thanks. That makes sense. I think I haven't figured out yet how I can have rigs on the RM but NOT having them on the Kemper!?

I always import new stuff via USB and see them afterwards in the RM.

I am not connected to the Internet with the Recording PC. BTW, I Regularly get the message "some rigs are damaged..." from the RM. Am I doing anything wrong?

In fact I don't feel like I quit tube-sounds, as the KPA does deliver those. That's really the core of it and I use it as such - just like a tube-head.

The big plus on top is the functionality (different outs, adjustability,...) supporting the USE of the whole pack. The FX section rounds it up, but essential to me is the tone.

I also judge profiles by their pure sound, disabling all fx in first place. But of course this is a matter of taste, style of music etc.

For the 'ugly': I have the rack version, which is alittle less ugly in m opinion...:-)

Hey guys,

I have been reading a lot in the forum the past months, so I finally like to say hello to everyone around! Especially, since I guess I'll be staying with the Kemper quite a while...

I have been a die-hard tube fan over the past years - the birth of my son and neighbors "forced" me into new territory. I was giving the Kemper a chance and promised to myself: If there will be a single compromise, if there is a hint of a "wannabe tube-sound, but fairly the real thing" I will return the 'ugly computer' immediately...

Well, what can I say - the Kemper is still there, after a couple of months!!!

Yes, it is and stays ugly and I still do like the sound and feel of my Marshall Top over the Mesa 2x12. But the Kemper is my to-go-tool for recording tracks in great quality simply by connection of 1 single cable to my DAW. And it's getting better and better with updates and more and more great profiles around.

A new chapter opened, and the sound-journey continues...

Btw: great forum - thanks for all the valuable info!
    Cheers!