Posts by Honkys

For me as Kamper lover, a dream. Something like the Strymon Iridium, but with a stereo loop. Mayby a headphone out.

And three or two places for load in, profiles and two or three cab places for load favorit setups. This is a dream, a compact dream. :)

Hi. Everybody

since the latest update, on the Kemper, the EQ button in the stack section, switches now the amplifier simultaneously on and off.

Is it an intention ? Or is it changeable, like in the previous O.S. before ?

I´m still alive and my soldering gun make some smoke. So i build a new amp with the following structure.

Ef86 inputstage, into next ef86 stage, than in to a 12ax7+cathode follower, tone stack (marshall type) and then again in to a ef86 as a driver stage for a 6l6 wgc power tube.

The speacker is a celection blue in a back open cabinet.

I have made 10 Profiles from clean, up to 8,9 gain, with a ribbon mic ( se electronics rnr 1 rupert neve).

The name of the amp is Bellphone.

With the page buttons it´s the same. I think in the earlier version, the jumps was in hole nummbers, now it moves in after the coma steps.

Need some little help, on a little issue.

Since quite a few OS updates, in the browser mode, the rig in cross arranged buttons, which are used left and right for go down or up the rigs are still the same. What is different are

the rig buttons up and down for bigger skips, if i choose sorted by gain. In the current OS the skipping thru the rigs, take long time, because the skipp steps are so small.

So i must use the browse turn knob, to go in bigger steps thru the entire rigs (the poor knop suffers). In the older OS was this better then now.

Got somebody an idea to help my poor browse knob, to longer to survive.

I have a red eye, not only because I'm bleary-eyed,(yes i am) I thought it would also be, a good name for an amp. I think on the red eyes from Christopher Lee as dracula.

I'm working on the next circuit design, and the first draft is fixed and now it's all about the fine tuning.
    The topology is ef86 inputstage in another ef86, then in a 12ax7 with a cathode follower.
    Then it goes in tone stack, which is a baxandall, and then again in an ef86,
    which works as a powertube driver.
    For now the powertube is a 6v6 with fixed bias, without negativ feedback.
    Working on detail takes up most of the time,
    but here are already two profiles.
    The gain on Kemper gain scala goes to 9.

Here are two profiles of my amps,that I've tried to adjust to your default sound.
    Maybe you can use it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cool, nice to hear you like them.
    Yes it´s not clean in term, it should be.
    So i think maybe we are not so much different, from each other.
    But for the amp design, it was the cleanest setting.for the amp.
    If you have interrest in a clean amp, i can do something, with focus on this.
    I have a saw a single ended design from a old radio, using direct coupled ef86 to the powertube.
    Straight wire from the pickups to the powertube without capacitors or resistors in the signal path.

From time to time the soldering iron has to go out, and a new idea has to be tried out.
    But when I rebuild an amp, sometimes interesting between types emerge.
    So also this design.
    I gave him the name Spitfire.
    With these profiles, spits your guitar fire, maybe, .... :)

The next idea i have is an ef86 as a power tube driver.

I noticed the same problem, with purchased or own profiles, these quiet random noise in the decay.
    It has nothing to do with noisgate or compressor because I do not use.
    In the whole mix, this can be masked.
    This sound was similar to a quantization noise, as if a dither were missing.