Help - Crackling and Hiss as notes disapate

• Hi all! I'm new to Kemper so I hope it's something I'm doing wrong.

Whenever I strum a chord (or pluck a single note for that matter), as the tone begins to dissipate I can hear an ugly crackling associated with what sounds like hiss or hum. I've tried several profiles from TAF, M Britt and also those loaded on the Kemper but I can hear it with many of these. It's a sound that just shouldn't be there. If I were recording and wanted the song to end with guitar fading then it would be very apparent in the recording. I've tried 3 guitars and they all do the same. The profiles seems to be everything from clean to distortion.

I've tried using the noise gate but it only makes a difference if I crank it way up which then kills my tone. I have only had the unit for two weeks and I running on release 5.1.1.xxxxx.

I searched some old threads and saw this was an issues several years ago but was fixed by a software release.

One update - It seems to be in the AMPLIFIER section. When I push the button to turn it off, I can strum the chord and its very quite as it tails off.

Any idea??

Thanks for any help!

Edited 11 times, last by madseason ().

• I've owned two Kempers (rack and now a toaster) and have never had that anomaly come up...

Good luck chasing that one down...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I got similar issues, soon as I simply hit a note and won't give it a vibrato: That ugly cackling that's often been described here as static noise, hiss...

I love the KPA and the commitment of the whole team, but that one issue seems to be widely spread and it feels no thread being started on this is coming to a solution. Those threads only seem to run dry. Or I missed it. Possible.

Nevertheless, I sent samples to Kemper, they replied it's normal, nothing unusual in my clips. I am still confused because I hear it clearly. Others obviously have the same (or at least very similar) issues and it more than once turned out to be a defective unit. I should open another ticket maybe :| as it's getting a bit frustrating.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Hey!

I'm having this same issue, but it seems to be random. Fired up my Kemper this afternoon and things were great! But after playing and tweaking for about an hour or two, the crackling returned. I'm almost 100% certain we're experiencing the same thing. It's only on the sustained notes/chords.

• I noticed the same problem, with purchased or own profiles, these quiet random noise in the decay.
    It has nothing to do with noisgate or compressor because I do not use.
    In the whole mix, this can be masked.
    This sound was similar to a quantization noise, as if a dither were missing.