Posts by vberns

No these are straight Studio Profiles. I will be updating these and the other packs I have with DI's shortly. They will be available free of charge for folks who have bought from me.

I filled in all the metadata for the profiles. It states which channel/mode is used as well as speakers and mics.

I finished up the Tremoverb pack.. FINALLY!

YOU WILL NEED FW 3.0 FOR THIS PACK!!!
    There are 28 profiles.
    All channels/modes
    Boosted and Unboosted
    Speakers - SB25/Celestion Greenbacks/V30

Here are some samples:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just did these quick clips to test my profiles. What do you guys think?
    All the fx are from the KPA. No post processing... zero... nada... bupkis.

A quick clip with bass, clean and lead

You hit on a crucial point here. You have to have experience with the amp from both the profiler perspective as well as the user perspective. In your case (and mine) I've spent roughly 8 years with the Splawn Quickrod and rough 30 years with 2203's. I literally know these two amps inside and out. So when I hear a profile, I expect it to sound like the amp...un-doctored, un-processed... i.e. raw. This is the whole reason why I started profiling amps. Very few of the amp profiles I heard when I initially got the Kemper accurately represented the profiled amplifier to me. I admit, I haven't tried every profile and I gravitated to amps I have a good deal of experience with. However, out of those I felt few if any truly sounded like the source amp. Now why the hell would I want a raw profile? Well because I don't want someone adding filtering and running outboard gear since my application can be completely different from what the individual profiler had in mind. Having a raw profile allows me to mix it and apply it to my projects without having to shoe-horn them in due to someone else's interpretation. Anyway... that's my 2 cents. :D

Also, I totally appreciate what guys on the Rig Exchange are doing. I think it's what makes the Kemper the awesome piece of gear that it is.