Posts by Pilotltd

My order was placed on 18th February. obviously not expecting it to have arrived by now but was just wondering what the rough time might be on that. I live in the uk and my order still has 'not been processed', I am an early bird.

From others experiences how long can I expect to wait from the date of order to arrival? 2 months, 3

Doesn't seem to be much logic I can see from posts here with order numbers, order dates or delivery dates. I only bought my Kemper on 19th Jan and ordered remote on 21st. I'd missed the early bird thing. It seems I confused the issue by altering my payment method on 27th Feb. That automatically cancelled my order and created another. Support told me on querying that they would honour my original date. I've seen a member with an order number 100 later than my second one received his on the 18th! So anybodies guess :/

Hi. I have cured the missing stomp and effects bit but still have the question about regularly having to reboot when the message "something went wrong" appears and asks to repair some damaged rigs.
    I havent done anything sinister but it still appears now an again when I switch on. Is there an answer to this or am I in the desert? Thanks

Have you tried rebooting and holding down rig button? That should rebuild the rigs database.

Ouch...not at all what I expected. I thought the differences would be huge (obviously this is subjective), but as it turns out, real amps through the exact same cab+mic (let's not forget MIC, here) system, sound kinda.....the same, maybe I was too hard on the kemper then.

Pretty much. An AC30 played through a 2x12 Mesa cab, for instance, will not sound like an AC30. Play it through 2 Celestion Blues and it will ^^

Thanks for the advice as always guys, I'm looking into Behringer's Feedback Destroyers, hopefully this will work on auto pilot to fix the problem, that way the bass player and I can just keep on jamming away.

Don't leave it on auto. Once it's found a problem frequency save it and take off auto. If your putting guitar through the monitor as well it will often pick up guitar sustain as feedback and lock that out too!

I've an ultra-curve pro. I only use it as a diagnostic tool to help setup, if needed.

Just redid some of my Mark IIC+ profiles with the Mesa Cab Clone and well please at how they turned out. I either suck bad at miking or the CC is a hell of a DI for some Boogie flavored tone. Will polish them up and post to Rig Exchange shortly.

:thumbup: I've a DC2 rev3 and a 550+ head I want to do.

The DC2 was a steal. Bought it very cheap, not working, two different amp techs had looked at it for months and given up. Problem is no schematic available for that rev and it's a pig to get the PCB out, gotta unsolder all the input/output and power connections. They both guessed output transformer breakdown. I wasn't buying that. Took me days to find it circuit tracing. Two small zener diodes hidden beneath two filter caps had died - cost pennies + a lot of time - and I managed it all without removing the PCB. What a loud little beast it is too :D

I suspect order numbers may not necessarily be sequential, and consequently have no real bearing on exactly where anyone in particular might be in the queue.

I, too, got the email and ordered my Remote on January 14th, Order Number 3446996 at 22:38 hours USA

Given all the problems I've read about concerning placing orders on-line, I find it more than a little hard to believe 3,200,048 orders were placed between 19:20 hours and 22:38 hours. That would mean over 16,000 units were ordered every minute. Not complaining, just making an observation.

I ordered on 21st Jan - my original order number was 3447143 - changed my payment method on 27th Feb and original was cancelled by website and a new order was raised 3447389. I contacted support to query and they said they would honour original order date. Still shows as not processed. :( I can believe that 147 units were ordered in the week following yours.

I use a 3 U rack case and I've never had a problem with ventilation or the Profiler overheating (it's never been more than mildly warm, even after several hour shows). My case is a Proel shallow one and there's enough space for the KPA to not touch the bottom of the rack, even though I haven't removed the feet.

Cheers,
    Sam

Hi Sam - mines a Swan Flight case and it wont go in the bottom 1U without removing the feet. I think Rene was thinking of covering the bottom flush, which would block the bottom vents almost completely. I don't think that's a good idea with the powered head as there doesn't appear to be any heat sink and the only airflow is convection from bottom vents out through back ones. Mines often on 8 hours or more and the top does get warm to touch. Nothing like as warm as some of my valve amps mind, I can fry eggs on my Grandmeister :D

The only way you are going to find out is by a process of elimination ^^

Try the easy one first, connect via a lead rather than wireless.
    Knock the clean boost down a bit more -1 or -2
    Try a different guitar ?

I had that with 3.0 - a system reset mostly fixed it for me - I think there was a rogue setting somewhere, having said that profile levels seem to vary a lot depending on who did them and I tweek the volume on my favourite profiles so they suit then overwrite.