Posts by nEVH5150

What would you say the axe does best? ...what separates it for the Kemper in your opinion?

and do you think a KPA2 is on the way/in the works...?!

I will post pics later of my Guitar room & Amp Room.
    The 11R goes way back with me.. never turn it on these days. too sentimental to get rid of it I guess! (She was my first digital device)
    But in the far rack there is a AxeFX II aswell that never sees the daylight much either.. but I do a lot of stuff for Fractal, so Its a good unit at what IT does best...very different than the Kemper in every way!.

The Strymons are great.. some of the best pedals on market actually.. just the price tag I think is WAY too much for them.. but Ive had a lot of mileage from them, and some Great productions with them.. SHAME KEMPER cant clone the Full Final Sound with Modulation and verb!. that would be something else I tell thee!... :)

Thanks! Sorry, but what is the OEM one??

I may consider purchasing a pn AxeFX in future as well though (and would require a separate power amp for that - unless you can hijack the power section of Kempers?!) so don't know whether to save the money on this aspect of the non-powered Kemper...

The remote is pretty pricey and annoyingly you don't have the option to buy it solo from Thomann - so would need to buy it with the Kemper at the time or not at all !!

Welcome to the forums. You can't go wrong with a Power Rack and I would advise you to buy the OEM one from Kemper if you need this feature, because a retrofit is possible with the toaster, but not with the rack at the moment (though there was recently a video uploaded where a user added a power amp to their rack).

You can always just run from the main outputs to a pair of monitors without even turning on the power amp if you want, since you were wondering.

And finally, if you can splash the cash on a Remote footcontroller as well, I'd say go for it. It'll be invaluable in a performance situation with your Kemper.

Awesome thanks for your 2cents dude! I am leaning towards the powered rack version as it happens... (Due to the benefits of having in-the-box power, monetarily AND space saving from not having to purchase a 3rd party power amp) would definitely be looking to use it with guitar cabinetS (though I see it only incorporates a SINGLE speaker out...?!)

HOWEVER, there will be times I would wish to use it with my Mackie HR624mkii reference monitors - would this not be possible/advisable with the powered rack version?!

Hi all. This is my first post here as I'm new to the KPA forum - I don't actually own a Kemper yet but have known about them for a long while now... I'll soon be purchasing one and am just wondering which to get out of the rack versions (don't want a lunchbox!!!) ... also, is it worth getting the foot controller at the same time? (This isn't available separately from Thomann currently unfortunately - so it would be a hefty outlay cost!)

Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions!