Posts by EchelonXIII

Absolutely! I bought my EVH after going trough a JCM2000 combo, a Powerball with a 412 cab (BIGGEST mistake ever LOL) and a 6505+ combo. I sold all of them with a bit of profit...so no harm done. but its was indeed an issue that I always felt my sound was lacking, even with my EVH I felt that I would like to have a reverb, OD, etc...but pedals were just so darn expensive Buying a Kemper has solved all these problems for me, and I couldn't be happier :D

It's exactly that. I had an EVH 5150III 50watt with a 112 cab, and even that was too loud I could not practise late at night without disturbing my neighbours. I'm still a ''learning'' guitarist and not yet good enough for a band. Yet I needed something that would allow me to sound amazing at lower volumes that would be future proof. So naturally I ended up @ modelling/profiling. I simply refused to go line6...since their products hold little to no value and sound really bad to my ears, and an AxeFX is just too damn expensive, and before you end up having a good sound you have to spend weeks and weeks of tweaking. So then the Kemper came along! and after a bit of consideration I decided maybe it was worth my time doing some research while I sold my Amp. And after a couple of days watching video's and reading up on reviews and comparisons I was more and more amazed by the abilities of this little toaster shaped device.

My amp sold very quickly and I got an amazing price for it since it still was minty and had a pair flightcases (actually 450 euro's more then I paid for it at the time), and due to a sweet discount at my local music retailer I was able to get my Kemper for E1440,- About what I got for my EVH. I hooked it up, took it for a spin and my oh my how amazing it sounds. I am completely convinced that this is the way of the future, and I dont think I will ever use a tube amp indoors again.
    It might have been quite an investment, even more so for a guitarist that is still learning...but I do believe that with this piece of kit I can create exactly the tone that hear in my head, and will be completely set for my future as an aspiring metal-guitar player :D

Hi everyone!

After selling my 5150 III I finally took the step and bought my Kemper and 2 Yamaha HS8 monitors. And right out of the box I must say....THIS THING SOUNDS MORE THEN AMAZING! It's dead on to my old amp, and dare I say even better.

So I can only conclude one thing....money. well. spent. I'm looking forward to immersing myself in the Kemper community and share lots of great experiences with you guys.

ROCK ON! :D