Posts by a2d0dd026d9701e987e2eba186d6fab0f9ac5f6d

Hello fellow Kempers,
    I'm looking for a used Profiler Head in good condition, can be powered or non-powered. I don't need any supplements like tons of 3rd party profiles, I already own another Kemper. I'm located in Muenster, Germany. Contact me with details about age/condition/price. Would prefer Paypal and shipping from Germany and EU.

Thanks and cheers!
    Andreas

Hi fellow Kemper users,

I was just wandering if there are any rumors about a new firmware release and actually all the new delays that were already promised around last February? Do you think there will be news at the Summer NAMM this year?

I'm actually curious about few people demanding further news about the new delays and updates as they were announced early this year. What do you think?

Cheers Andy

I actually traded my Lonestar Classic for a Kemper and definitely regret it. I don't want to miss the Kemper but the Lonstar is such a versatile amp, still sweet with pedals in front and this is a sound and feeling what a Kemper never gave me and I haven't found any profile that comes close to what I was able to expect from my Lonestar setup.

I run my Kemper into a Mesa Boogie Satellite return now and I like the best of both worlds solution to record and have versatile options to perform at high quality with FOH/ in rehearsal situations. But if I personally had the choice after experiencing both Kemper and Lonestar + individual stomps and effects... I would take the Mesa Lonestar back if my Kemper sold well with all the money I invested for profiles.

Hope my post is helpful! Cheers, Andy

Hi fellow Kemper users,

you could help me out today with some advice on the right interface.

I had a Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro Firewire Interface which I lately had to run with a Thunderbolt - Firewire Adapter to connect it to my MacBook Pro. Now I have the chance to sell the interface and I'm thinking about selling the interface with the adapter to buy a Saffire 6i6 UBS interface.

Do you think this is a sensible solution? My idea is that the Thunderbolt/ Firewire Adapter might be unnecessary/ disturbing in the chain Kemper SDPif ==> Interface ==> Computer and that a USB Interface just has two cable connections less.

As I do want to record via SPDIF, I've thought about the Focusrite 6i6. Can you recommend other recording solutions for about 250€ (upper intermediate hobby recording level)?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andreas

Hi fellow Kemper users,

I'm recording guitar and bass tracks with Garage Band and I'm mostly using the GarageBand Drummer to keep things simple. I have no issues recording and editing the drummer but I think I could need some advice on mastering a whole track.

Can you recommend any websites/videos/tutorials for beginners that have helped you mixing/mastering tracks (rock/hard rock/ 80s 90s metal) with Garage Band? I'm not seeking to create professional studio productions but right now I don't know where to begin.

Cheers, Andy

Dear fellow Kemper users!
    I'm running my unpowered Kemper into the Effects return of a Mesa Boogie Satellite Amp. I'm wondering if there are any suggestions to adjust the different volume levels: there are three different levels I can change: the Kemper master volume, the effect level of the amp's loop and the amp's master volume. Is there a sensible approach to balance these different options effectively?

I mean, should I rather keep the effect level low and increase the master volume of the amp, or set the master volume of the amp higher to decrease the effect loop level or doesn't it matter at all and is just a of personal liking and preference? And eventually I would like to ask how to level the Kemper: lower master volume and high amp volume or rather higher Kemper master output and lower amp volume?

I hope you got the idea of what I wanted to ask and discuss :)

Cheers,Andy

Hello good people, decisions have been made :) My Kemper is for sale:

Home use only, no scratches or signs of use, plenty of pro profile packs (altogether way over 250€). Comes with original box, cable, manual, Profiles on a USB stick + installed). Asking 1300€.

Here's the link to the ad at ebay-kleinanzeigen. Will ship in the EU, paypal appreciated, contact me for details or questions (English and German). As I need the cash for another amp, the price is not negotiable.

http://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/kemper-profiling-amp-head-white-|profile-packs-|midi-controller/393319491-74-937

Thanks and cheers,
    Andreas

Hi fellow Kemper users
    I'm selling my Art X 15 Midi Controller Pedal, which I have used with my Kemper. The unit works like a charm with a preset and stomp box mode to be used in Performance and Browser Morde; can be programmed easily and there's a free Windows software available to assign a MIDI parameter to every button. 2 optical expression pedals.

Asking 115€, insured shipping in Germany and paypal fees included. The unit is used and in use since the mid 90s and shows many signs of use (scratches on the surface), however is technically 100%. I've listed the item on eBay, too. Find pics of the unit there (Link)

Als Privatverkäufer schließe ich jegliche Gewährleistung aus! As I'm a private seller, I don't accept returns or warranty claims.

After the video by Allenhuish I was curious about the Hanwell as I was looking for a bedroom solution for my Kemper. I didn't want to buy a Yamaha monitor box or anything likewise big and loud and when I had the chance for a used & bargain Hanwell I bought one. I was absolutely surprised and had to tweak my profiles and setup my Hanwell only a little (Hanwell bass 4, treble 5-6) and got clear and brilliant sounds instantly. I don't have too many comparisons of other bedroom setups but I don't see the need to change anything or buy something else right now. And if you buy some higher rubber feet for your Kemper in a DIY store, you can easily stack both. For me, it's a very well working bedroom solution and I can just recommend the setup. Thumbs up :)

Hi out there,

I'm quite new to this forum and owning my Kemper for about two weeks now but I've read about all your amp solutions and it's amazing to read about the variety of solutions, may they be more or less affordable ;) I was thinking about my first guitar amp, a Marshall Valvestate combo and how I used the power amp section later for an ENGL Tube preamp -which sounded great in my band/ rehearsal/bedroom setup. Now I'm thinking about this idea as a budget bedroom/rehearsal solution. These pieces of gear are old but that makes them affordable and if you only wish to use the power amp section through the FX return jack, I think you could get fair results with the Kemper.

Now my question is: is anyone using/ has anyone used these old transistor amps and could recommend or not recommend them at all? And I think there are a lot of other amps like the Fender Mustang with an FX loop to plug your Kemper. And I'm not talking about a High-End solution, the idea is a budget bedroom/ rehearsal setup.

Have a good Sunday, take care
    Andreas

Hey Jim, welcome (I'm new, too; previous post in this section :) )
    I can fully recommend the Teufel Aureol Real as FRFR monitor headphones, I'm using them, too. And in case you don't like them, Teufel offers a 8-week return and full refund policy. Give it a try if you're still looking for something.
    Take care, Andreas

Hi Kemper community,

I think it's time to say hello first and introduce myself. I'm owning my Kemper Head for two weeks now and of course it's awesome.
    I played a Mesa Lodestar, a Brunetti Singleman and a quiete complex range of pedal effects (OKKO Compressor and distortion, Brunetti Mercury Distortion Box and Empress Superdelay and others). After we moved house a year ago I wasn't too happy with all my equipment because I couldn't really play loud at my new home. That's why I decided to buy (and test) a high-quality digital unit and I was really nervous to sell all my equipment but my guitars and decide for a Kemper.

I wasn't disappointed at all. Just awesome. The sound quality, effects (although I miss a real tape delay with lots of wow and flutter) are absolutely overwhelming and the profiles -we'll we all read that before- do sound so much like real amps that I don't miss any of my Mesa or Brunetti amps now, although I would have never sold them if my neighbours liked loud guitars :) I see there's a lot of work to be done to understand the unit fully and be able to tweak the sounds to my liking but it's just fun and easy to discover something new every time you switch on the unit. I'm finding so many great rigs in the rig exchange so I don't see the need to buy any profiles from other commercial offers. There are so many guys doing a great job and sharing their profiles for free, awesome!

So next step would be to find a power amp/ speaker unit and get some recordings done, so the Kemper is definitely going to keep me busy in my free time and I'll discuss a couple of topics here, I'm sure.

That's it for now, great job Kemper guys, great job Kemper community!
    Andreas