Transistor amps (Marshall Valvestate | Fender Mustang) as budget bedroom solutions- What do you think, who's using them

• Hi out there,

I'm quite new to this forum and owning my Kemper for about two weeks now but I've read about all your amp solutions and it's amazing to read about the variety of solutions, may they be more or less affordable ;) I was thinking about my first guitar amp, a Marshall Valvestate combo and how I used the power amp section later for an ENGL Tube preamp -which sounded great in my band/ rehearsal/bedroom setup. Now I'm thinking about this idea as a budget bedroom/rehearsal solution. These pieces of gear are old but that makes them affordable and if you only wish to use the power amp section through the FX return jack, I think you could get fair results with the Kemper.

Now my question is: is anyone using/ has anyone used these old transistor amps and could recommend or not recommend them at all? And I think there are a lot of other amps like the Fender Mustang with an FX loop to plug your Kemper. And I'm not talking about a High-End solution, the idea is a budget bedroom/ rehearsal setup.

Have a good Sunday, take care
    Andreas

• Mustang III has a pretty good sound when going through the power amp (via the effects return). I used it both with/without cab. I would recommend it as a potential solution. They are often for sale used, and fairly inexpensive. No doubt there are other such options available.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer