Posts by karlic

I can't see why the display would be so important when you are playing guitar? It only becomes important to me when programming the Kemper. I really don't want to compromise the switching time again.

In ears never carry the sound I first expected. I learnt to use them as a way of reducing the volume and still hearing wherever I am on stage. Having a 4x12 on stage as well provides the weight I need from the sound. So the combination is working for me.

It's a shame that the news about delays leaked so early. Instead of enjoying the profiler, it seems to keep some users obsessed with features that are not ready and there is a bitterness now. I bought my Kemper to do what it could at the time and anything later is a bonus. These updates are free and someone has to work to provide them.

In reality, most guitarists just want a little ddl on their leads.

I use the LD Systems MEI 1000 without any problems. The other guitarist in my band has the Shure PSM200 and there is no discernible difference. The advantage of the LD is that it is full stereo, or multi mono, whereas the Shure is only mono. I might borrow a friends Sennheiser to see how good it is now, but the price is way higher:-)

As a guitarist I ended up going with the SE215 in ears, as the frequencies I want to hear are mainly mid-range. You can hear that the 425s have better range with music when I tried them, but in a stage situation I am really not that worried.

Getting used to the cable down your back and being comfortable with the ear buds was my biggest challenge. Persist with it though, because it will payoff in the end. These clips helped with the cable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Head…13798?hash=item256dcc9446

I never had problems with latency on 2.4ghz wireless systems, but there can be occasional dropouts in the right circumstances. Try a busy festival stage in the summer with loads of wireless signals around and the range will be limited.

This has recently been discussed at length. The thing to do is enjoy what you have and then any update will be welcome when it comes. Tone is what my Kemper is primarily for, but the delays will be great when they get here.

Merged profiles with a feed to a power amp and 4x12 on stage. I use in ears, but other band members like the on stage sound.

I thought the reactions were honest, but definitely coloured by the fact that the volume of the Kemper was way too loud at the beginning of the test. This would always bring a favourable result for the louder amp. Anyway, I don't need the Andertons video to tell me how good and useful a tool my Kemper is and it has even inspired me to play more often.

I haven't found much use for morphing in my setup and change patches when I need a new sound. It would have been more exciting to get the delay package earlier, but everyone finds a different use for Kemper. Having said that, I am still incredibly happy with the unit whichever way they go.

Getting that many profiles in one go is never that satisfying and reminds me of people who have a terabyte of mp3s downloaded, but never listen to music. You need to look forward to buying a few profiles at a time and really value them.

Also I values the future work of these sellers and wish them to continue in the future.