Posts by karlic

I very much doubt you will realise "much higher quality" between the two interfaces, especially with guitar being a relatively small frequency range. If you did the research before going into the shop, I would be inclined to stick with your original plan. When I have used the 18i20 it has been just fine.

Latency settings might be worth looking at in the DAW as well. As Paults says, you could be phasing out the signal if combined outputs are summed to mono.

This issue is why I keep a simple 4 channel mixer in my live setup. I feed my Kemper directly to the mixer and then get a stereo mix from the rest of the band. That way I know the guitar sound is unaltered.

There are many good rhythm profiles out there, but Guido is the only one who seems to nail lead tones for me. It is a real pleasure to play with such a warm tone and the XTC is just amazing. My only wish is that these would be merged, because the same tone is not possible by just removing the cab on monitor out.

I know that some people love tinkering with patches and equipment generally, but the Kemper's main strength for me has been simplicity. I was amazed at how simple the process of profiling my own amps has been and picking up profiles for amplifiers I couldn't justify buying is a bonus. In fact, I found that weeding out profiles that I don't use and keeping less on the unit means I spend more time playing than tweaking. The fx section is very welcome and covers everything I did before.

If there was one thing I would have liked, it would have been a way of feeding a stereo mix in for monitoring (IEM) and also using the effects loop at the same time. In the end I use a small external mixer for the job.

For dual amping, you could buy two Kempers and still have money left over compared to the competition though. My friend with his Axe FX does get some great sounds, but he always has that grey glow on his face from the computer screen where he spends most of his time!

For me the Kemper has already done what I wanted in capturing my studio amps so accurately. It is a lot of fun and the fx section is way better than other live setups I have used before. If you are looking for dual amps, why not treat it like any other amp and buy a second Kemper to run alongside the first one?

If they are going to bring out updated hardware that would have to be considered very carefully, rather than just add a couple of features here and there. Constant hardware updates lower the opinion of a company and makes them look money hungry.