Posts by karlic

Really feel for you with this issue. I saw on another thread under "Profiler related discussions" a reset, but maybe wait for a support answer. Someone suggested a sticky with reset procedures for various issues and that would make a lot of sense.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

I am not too worried about an editor, but would surely download it and find an occasional use. It is more a question of priorities. I guess Kemper is a relatively small outfit and I would prefer to see the much heralded delays and other features that would make a difference to the sound.

I wonder why there is not a third party entry, although it would constantly need updating with the changes in features coming thick and fast.

Get Rig Manager for your computer and organise them there, unless you need 1000 profiles for regular use.

I don't see the worry if all your rigs are saved in rig manager and backed up on a USB stick. You can always downgrade the system firmware later if not happy.

It just seems that users were asking for this editor for a long time and there has never been any response. Is it that Kemper don't see the point, or is it a question of resources?

The effects are really great and varied for me live and in the studio there are other options anyway. It just takes some time to get used to the delays and I am amazed how a simple digital delay can sound different from one unit to the next.

I remember moving from a Quadraverb to a Rocktron and it took months until I was happy. Now the Kemper is taking time to get used to as well. There really is not a lot to complain about for just over £1,100! I paid almost the same for a Marshall JMP1 and Alesis Qudraverb for my fist system.

If people are really desperate for an editor, maybe a show of faith would be a step in the right direction. Set up a bandcamp type account where people pay €10 each and if enough people commit it will be worth making.

I understand why Kemper are reluctant to put resources into thus kind of thing without anything back. It is time consuming to do well and it there might only be a few people using it.

Since I got the Kemper, there is a lot more playing time than when I had previous modellers. I really never missed having an editor for this one. I guess some third party would have made something if there was a serious market for it.

The audio switching speed is obviously most important in a live situation. Would it be possible to have an option to select a simplified display for quick redraw? This would keep people happy that want to see the screen updated instantly.

Rigs that sound fine for recording often need the presence dialing back for live application. Just talk regularly to the front of house engineer until you have a happy medium.

I found a solution if you need extremely accurate and fast mutes with midi. Insert studio eq in a stomp slot and run hi and lo pass filters at 20hz. This creates silence and then use cc to automate it. Much faster than a patch change.

I don't do that with the Midiman Flying Calf converter and all is fine because the outputs are from a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. It is not possible as you say anyway, so I can continue with this, or use 2 jack cables from different outputs.

This is all on 3.3.0 because I am using it live, but I did an experiment on 20 rapid changes to creating a gating effect. In browser mode it was lagging behind compared to the Prophesy, but working. In performance mode it gets way behind and keeps changing even after stopping Pro Tools in order to catch up.

We have a Macbook running some loops, extras keyboards, backing vocals and sound fx. I take the spdif out into a converter directly into the Kemper to mix with the guitar. This way I am independent from varying monitoring engineers. The click can be useful if there is a distance from the drummer too.

Before the Kemper I used to mix the sources on little Pulse 4 channel mixer.

Is it possible to feed an spdif signal as the fx return? I get an spdif cable as a monitor feed and need to send that directly to the headphone out. I will then mix with my guitar out for IEMs. At present I need an spdif convertor in the rack too, but it would be much simpler to avoid that step.