Posts by Cederick

One thing I've noticed.

When I record regular guitars, I tune my bass to +-0 cents.

When I record Evertune guitars, I tune my bass to circa -10 to -15 cents.

And I DO NOT cramp the strings too hard on regular guitars, I have a fairly light touch, and I've always been really hard on myself about intonation (to the limits of which regular frets allows, I have tried True Temperament frets, but even I feel that's a bit overkill... If I was a billionarie I would replace all frets on all guitars with TT, but I wont have one, and leave the rest regular)

But yeah, I really need to record bass at -10 to -15 cents otherwise it doesn't sound right at all.

. It's also pretty damn cool to be able to put on a new set of strings without ANY tuner whatsoever, and have it rock solid even before the strings are broken in.

I have a couple of Evertune guitars, and have had a few in the past (and tried others...)

Neither of them stays in tune when putting new strings on. I always have to fine-tune a couple of cents. Not that I'm complaining about that, I rather do that once every two weeks than tune every songs / take. But I just don't believe this since I've had my hands on a number of Evertune guitars, where NONE works as you describe :huh:

Yeah, every now and then you have to tune up above bend-stop and back down a notch to get back to "normal bending mode"

But thats easy and fast to do, you dont have to look at a tuner trying to get it right like a normal guitar either.

It takes 20 seconds max, if that... I haven't clocked it but its fast :)

Monkey_Man

Yes, the Evertune has a little threshold before the bend kicks in, as you say. That's just part of how it works, it's physics...

And I'm personally fine with it. And you know how much passion I have for good vibrato, right? No problem for me :)

I never had to readjust my senses to get used to Evertune. The difference is so little when setup properly that I don't even think about it ever.

Oh man, just go ahead and make us a compact version you know it will sell :D

Oh and another thing for a proper Kemper 2:

playing through dual profiles at the same time and mixing each volume in mono, or even going stereo with these different profiles.

THAT would be awesome and something I think many would like to use. Lately I've liked to mix different profile (one brighter, one darker) and this could save time when recording.

The latest Axe FX III allows A WHOLE BAND to play through it, 2 guitars 1 bass, so a whole band can use a single Axe FX III unit live :love: that is some awesome forward thinking in my opinion. A Kemper 2 with 3 front inputs for differnt musicians would be selling like butter among bands who wants super compact live rigs on the fly. <--- this would probably never happen but I'm just telling it has been done and I really like the idea!

(however I wonder how this works with midi patch changes... hmmm!)

Maybe. However what I am saying is new box on your already existing pedal board. So you keep everything you have plus you add the Kemper Stomp Box.
    That way you get the profiles that you like - you don't have to learn and program another device like the Line6 one. You still get to go to the mixer directly. You could still get an effects loop and maybe even a monitor out from the new box.

However, I have NO physical pedals whatsoever, because I only want "all in the box" without any connecting with cables and ancient stuff like that. :D

I have never been interested in pedalboards, for me it just looks like a big clutter. <--- personal opinion tho

HOWEVER I'm sure a lot of gigging musicians right now wants the most compact possible gigging rig, and the Line6 HX Stomp does exactly that.
    You can fit that little thing in your gigbag, and at the gig just hook it up to the FOH and rock out instantly.

A pedalboard is still another "lugging around thingy" that takes space when going by plane etc

"Kickass" would be like a channel change on an amp, or really a rig change in a Performance.

No effects would kill the whole idea with a small portable gigging device.
    You want as much stuff cramped into a small box

Just look here at the new HX Stomp:
    You can do pretty much EVERYTHING with essential this. Pretty much everything maybe except you may have to add your own wah pedal.

[Blocked Image: https://www.gearnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/line6-hx-stomp-modelling-effekt-770x425.jpg]

However, Mooer Preamp Live has exactly what you would need, I guess.
    But the limitation of no effects, I think kills it for most people who wants a "all in one box"
    [Blocked Image: https://image.4sound.com/m/339804/mooer-preamp-live-1.jpg]

Very good work , from both of you ... that's a great collab' and that singer knows his job :) I'm impressed by the far distance from the mic
    ( SM58 ?) , given the powerful voice .

Yeah it's a SM58, with barely any EQ except a low-cut and removed a couple of "shrieky frequencies" like I usually do. :)

Great job. what profiles you used?

A Peavey Rage profile made by @Thumas

All "Somewhere In Time style" chorus and reverb is added in Cubase tho!

A few weeks ago I was looking around for Youtube for good singers, and I actually asked TWO singers who said "yeah I wanna do that!" and then after sending backing track files, I never heard back from them, so screw those guys.

However then I asked Franco Tempesta from Argentinan band Naufragant instead, and I think he did a good job :thumbup:
    He also did the keyboard stuff for this song!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoyyy

Thanks! Actually, the dark video was an accident, haha. I simply forgot to turn on my lights :thumbup: (the guitar clip was filmed afterwards when I realized they were turned off)

But somehow I liked how it fitted the song when I looked at the clips. However, I noticed that the lights from kemper and other stuff ruined the atmosphere, so I simply painted that away in Davinci Resolve, that was a pretty easy thing to do, and good to learn new stuff. It dumped my CPU int othe floor tho, so I might look into a better laptop for video editing some day whenever I'm a millionare :thumbup:

Before and after:

[Blocked Image: http://i65.tinypic.com/2w36pf8.jpg]

Thanks guys :D yeah I'm kind of tired of my high vocals because while I can do them easily, I can't do them for hours straight and I'm sure some day they will dissapear anyway. Gotta find use for my low range instead. However, I don't play any music that it fits for right now. And I don't really listen to anything that have low vocals either. So I have no idea what to do. I can't just start playing music I don't even like or am inspired to do for real...

@ashtweth My problem has never been highs or lows, it's mu MIDRANGE that is a problem. It's just physical limitation, no practice will make it better.

I wanted to try out my deep voice, I don't think I've ever really done that before.
    What you think? ^^

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Playing my Solar guitar through @Thumas good ol Peavey Rage profile :thumbup:

(and I love Evertune more and more = had a 5 hour rehearsal yesterday with my band... Today I could just load out my guitar from the gigbag and get recording without even having to check tuning... AWESOME!!!!)

Covering old school Blind Guardian FTW! :thumbup:

Featuring the massive talent DAN VASC on vocals!

Here's some other cool covers he's done: