Posts by Monkey_Man

Snowy, you came (fell) out of the blue... sky... on us, mate. You say he's right in every way, and imply that we have our heads (ears?) in the sand?

Well, you're not in it, but snow does fall onto sand. I recommend you buy a Kemper, if you don't have one already, when a 384kHz model is released, just to be on the safe side.

Please, back up your claims it would "be a better box" at 96 kHz. I won't go into 192 kHz, because that just isn't true (read up on AD/DA converters physical limits and why 192 kHz actually degrades audio). I can't think of any reason other than convenience (for digital input without having to upscale at higher sample rates).

In any case, the analogue outs are equally as convenient and I'd love to see a blind teat comparing them with the spdif, with decent cables and inputs.

I'm perfectly happy with the analog output, Sam. That's all I'll be using for recording, just as most would do with conventionally-mic'd guitar amps.

Most mic pres don't have digital interfacing at any rate (pun intended).

There's no fooling you, Ingy! Thanks for the empathy, mate. ;)

MM, one of the most moving posts on this forum and it was from the resident joker?

I've no doubt the sense of humour's a coping mechanism, Netheravon; it's been the thing I "invented" to help me through when I was about 3 years old, and thank God I've not lost it. Well, some would argue I never had it in the first place, but as you'd know, it's all about whether or not one can distract one's self sufficiently in times of hardship, and not how skilled one is at entertaining a room, unless that's one's profession of course...

Thankfully for me, you guys have been a very-kind, easy room!

The Dual Pro's have arrived. Rig Manager now says 10,241 Rigs in RE. Anyway just an update, so I'll give the Pro's a run tonight, looking forward to it.

Still 7331 here.

Got the "user name and password" message for the first time right now as I was checking after having seen your huge figure, Zapman. Now I can't quit the app due to the "performing a task" message. I can't see any task's being performed.

Maybe I'll just quit it anyway. Something's definitely up. Ken's Dual Pro Rigs are the latest I can see, and they were posted 5 days ago.

Could all this stuff be related to the site's redesign?

Judging by what I've read in the "Experiences" thread, as well as various suggestions, I'm so impressed at the team's prompt and sensible response to our input.

Way to go, Kemper Team™, and thank you!

... Prince played Teles in the early, Purple Rain, days.

Those weren't the early days. He released the For you, Prince, Dirty Mind, Controversy and 1999 albums before Purple Rain, Carl.

I've been a fan since the late '70s. After hearing the "For You", "Prince" and "Dirty Mind" albums I was sold. Everything played by him of course, and no MIDI or programming. Check out "Bambi" from the "Prince" album, or "I'm Yours" from the "For You" album for some raunchy guitar.

I'm extremely sad about this. I was "marginalised" in high school, in a new country and professing that Prince and Michael Jackson (my two fave pop artists in the early '80s), would become the biggest things out there. Prince hadn't even released 1999 yet, let alone Purple Rain, and Michael Off the Wall as a solo artist, but the talent of both was ridiculously-obvious to me, and I couldn't understand why my peers ridiculed me for not having any taste and so on. Everyone at my school was into Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Eagles, The Stones and Aussie rock, and thought I was gay or a loony. I'd like to hear what they'd say now, 35 years later.

I mention this 'cause this had an effect on me. I had an awful childhood and the move to Australia, straight into high school, had me primed for disaster; the marginalisation thing was simply the proverbial straw. I gravitated to the "wrong" crowd, and continued to decline for 15 years after school. I've spent the following 15 years trying to rebuild myself, and still to this day feel guilty for "loving" so many Prince songs. Heck, I even saw Purple Rain 7 times in the cinema; the only other film I watched there more than once was The Empire Strikes Back (twice).

The fact that Michael and Prince are both gone, my two solo-artist pop heroes, has done my head in. I feel robbed, and propose that we've all been so. Both these fellas had the potential to surprise us for decades to come and to lead us who knows where stylistically in the world of pop and perhaps beyond.

Prince, my dear fellow, you will be terribly missed.

EDIT: For raunchy guitar, I'll add "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad", also from the "Prince" album.