Posts by Monkey_Man

@Monkeyman yup, that was the idea.. - but when I did all those customshops, no-one brought them really, as it was when the britt stuff was around and all fresh, - so people jumped shop rather than customshoped!

But the idea was there, for those that did. - and still is for those that want! : ) - im sorta nice like that!. but it gets lonely lol

Yeah, nice guys finish last, Andy.

Thank you for the feedback, matey.

It's playing now, thank you.

Yup, the FX added the space required to place the guitar further back in the mix. You must be a happy Kemper now, eh?

Really, deadpan? Cripes!

I've been meaning to ask about this for quite some time, as the only easy way I've found to do this has been via RM. I tried searching every term I could think of in the manual, but to no avail. I couldn't believe that deleting non-favourites, which was the only "solution" I found in the manual, would be the only option here.

If indeed this isn't in the manual, or it's described using terms that make searching for it obscure in any way, I'd like to request that it be made, at the very least, prominent.

I once left a PODxt bean on for 10 days too, but it was covered by a quadruple-folded, thick cotton sheet. The unit was very hot and just short of "untouchable" by hand, so I'm lucky it didn't get a little warmer as it's conceivable a fire could have started.

I did worry that some components such as caps could have dried out a little, but I noticed no difference in the sound. Those earlier beans were tough.

Yes, Gianfranco, other than for the fact that other OS processes we're unaware of might be in progress at this time that require a few seconds to be completed.

The recommendation that the Kemper be allowed to shut down the "normal" way once in a while would obviously serve as an opportunititty for the OS to simply catch up on defragging, if I've guessed correctly, and therefore ensure optimal performance in terms of response time where rig or preset selection / browsing is concerned. Said recommendation, being for an "occasional" clean-up (if I'm correct), would therefore help even those who do very little saving and deleting, but would restore optimal performance nevertheless... again, if I'm right.

If I understand correctly, this forum is only for users that purchase one of the Custom Shop amp packs.

http://www.theampfactory.com/custom-shop/

Yeah, I understood that part of it, oh Mighty one; thank you mate.

What I don't understand is how the forum is used. Is it just a normal forum? I got the impression that rigs were shared. If so, are they tweaked versions of rigs within the various packs, separated and constrained through the use of passwords for each of the packs' designated sub forums?

If I've guessed correctly, it's a logical and commendable effort on Andy's part to have created this service for his customers, and to this I'd say, "Well done, Andy!".

If I've not guessed correctly, I'm a noob and a silly ape, but we all know that already...

Oh yeah, that goes without saying, Damian. Not! LOL

You might be onto something nere, my friend, but I really couldn't say :)

I think I could be, Gianfranco.

Obviously, gaps could be created by the saving and deleting of rigs, FX presets, IRs and so on. The consolidation of memory usage into seamless "blocks", one would think, would ensure optimal performance, and can only be achieved through some sort of defragging process.

Multi-pronged personal attacks issued by gang of axe-grinding(!) infiltrators is what I'm seeing here, if I'm not mistaken.

Of course, I could be wrong, as I suggested earlier when I invited skankenstein to join the civility party before the growing mountain of evidence that he and his ilk aren't capable of rational, logical debate, reached a point where the conclusion I resisted arriving at became ineluctable.

The likelihood that I am, however, diminishes with every barb issued by said "crew", which is unfortunate, not only because I find my faith in mankind challenged by every new level of spite attained by said venom-spitting, but because each of these "new heights" tends to merely serve as a marker for the next round of circularity where this debate is concerned.

Dean's copped a fair amount of criticism for alleged condescension, but from where I'm sitting his statements of facts as he saw them were in no way intended to imply inferiority on the parts of those he directed them towards. Rather, and if anything, he suggested that ignorance, in the truest sense of the word, was to blame. To be clear, the term "ignorance", although defined these days as being a "lack of knowledge or information", which is in fact a simplified / dumbed-down description, encompasses the concept of willingly refusing to consider facts or information of any type. To ignore is to willingly wear blinkers; ignorance is the state attained through said action. Further to this, Dean hasn't succumbed to the gutter tactic of personal attack.

One might say that aspects of this debate resemble a typical exchange between a parent and petulant offspring, or a teacher and a reprobate student, and in this regard alone, the interplay is IMHO fascinating.

One might conclude from what I've written that I'm in some way frustrated by the antics in this thread. Quite the contrary - to me, this is entertainment of the highest order, so please, carry on, folks!

I can't get it to play, Vaiai, but that could just be something on my end.

This hasn't happened for me before with SC links here on the forum 'though...

The TAF-Xchange is for CustomShop users/ because the customshop packs are a lot different than my normal packs I have produced. so that's what they are for.
    (and for other units obv, that we wont discuss here)

The TAF-Xhange is not open to everyone, else it will be a nightmare and a very very expensive task to operate/manage. - so for now its just the CS users.

Obviously I still down't quite understand as I'm not fully up with all this stuff, but I appreciate the explanation.

Thank you, Andy!