Posts by Monkey_Man

Yup. That's what I do, Michael.

Unga-bunga basic...

Its funny right... I mean, sometimes when we have problems in life, our heads always assume the worst & the more complex things. when really its often the simple and obvious. but were all crazy (confirmed) because we never think like that!..

Pfft. you guys are crazy!. : )

So true, Andy. You nailed it right there IMHO.

We've got all this complex stuff we spent thousands of hours learning and configuring for use, and then when crunch time comes we act as if we're still figuring things out / setting things up / configuring stuff. First point of call should always be the basics, but we're not in that headspace at times such as these... generally speaking, and especially when we haven't put our gear through its paces in a while - that's the killer that bites me every time!

Morty, it's called PureCab because it aims to remove the coloration imparted by a microphone from the cab's sound in a given rig.

IOW, cab minus mic = PureCab.

Because all rigs (except for those which are direct profiles (sans cab), stomps or PODs or whatever) are captured with mics, they all, by definition, suffer from phase cancellation or comb filtering to some extent. Those skilled in the art of mic placement, selection, EQing and who have good ears, are best able to minimise such artefacts whilst creating profiles. The rest of us, well, not so much. This is why I predict that for most of us, commercial profiles shouldn't demand judicious use of the feature to the extent that those found on the Rig Exchange might. YMMV, of course, and this is only MHO...

Well, I never intended for this to become stupid. My only point with the original post and question is that if PureCab is engaged and set to zero it should track linearly from 0 (no effect) to 10 (max effect) and not have a hidden artifact when engaged and set to 0 - that's all really simple and logical if you think about it.

I agree, mwinter77, but equally as logical is, given that 10 is the maximum-effect setting, that 0 would be the minimum effect setting and not necessarily a zero effect.

Horses for courses, really.

Hi beloved, fellow Kemperites. I'll cut to the chase:

1) Folders should display the total number of rigs contained in their subfolders, just as they do for their own rigs.

2) Such folders, when selected, should display, and therefore allow one to browse, all the rigs contained in their subfolders.

As things stand, folders that contain subfolders are deadweight; they're useless apart from the fact that they're containers that can be named.

What I'm asking for is, as far as I'm aware, a standard method of hierarchical-content organisation, and IMHO it will greatly speed up and simplify browsing for the vast majority of users, and likely all those who employ folder nesting. I waited 'till I updated to the latest RM version to post this as I half expected this stuff to have been put in place; it's a no-brainer, period. Just updated 5 minutes ago, so here I am, and here we go...

Thank you for your time and also for the awesome community we're building, peeps!

EDIT: I'd forgotten to post this obviously-related aspect of my requested functionality, so, quoting from post #8:

3) Something that would further enhance RM's usability and that flows logically from my requests would be the ability to see the rigs for more than a single folder; the ability to highlight and browse folders using the click-drag / command-drag / shift-click (for range-selection) methods inherent to the Mac / Windows operating systems, would complete the logical set of features my request constitutes.

Look at it this way, folks:

For all values from 0.1 through to 0.9, we need that zero to be there, don't we? It might as well be there at 0.0 for the sake of consistency / clarity / legibility anyway.

The fact that it has less of an effect than a setting of 0.1, but an effect nevertheless, is obviously an indication that we're meant to assume that it's "in-circuit", something akin to my earlier analogue-preamp analogy.

Some folks may well run the algorithm at a setting of 0.0, so it's not useless, but the most subtle setting available to us. The fact that this setting is not 0.1 can be attributed, I feel, both to my latter point as well as to the aesthetic / consistency one I proposed above.

Welcome, Angryone.

I agree with Paults. We've not much to go on, but have assumed the KPA's output isn't clipping 'cause it's so rare it's hardly worth mentioning. I experienced a partial lockup once when fiddling with Artist mode (don't ask - it's hidden for a reason) where my amp and main output levels were cranked all the way. The output was ridiculously hot, and my desk couldn't handle it, but as I said, this sort of thing is practically unheard of. Interestingly, I'm not even certain the KPA's output was clipping as I had no gear to monitor it with that could accommodate the heat!

Welcome, Lloyd!

Yeah, if you like the demos you've heard, you can't go wrong with "that SinMix guy's" profiles, mate.

As far as the choice of the Kemper is concerned, my reasons are no different from everyone else who's chimed in, except that, like many on the forum, my background was Line6.

Talk about selling a garage-full of minis to buy a Ferrari...

Another analogy might be that some preamps have EQ modules that you can switch in and out of circuit.

Even with all EQ controls set to their null, no-gain-or-cut positions, things sound different, even to the extent that some engineers switch said circuits in for the mojo they impart.