Posts by MrGecko

Does anybody match Amp profiles to different cabs? For example, I like the fundamentals of the XTC in the M. Britt packs but I tend to match it with different cabs from his packs, such as the V30 or Greenback loaded cabs from the 69 Marshall pack.

Does anybody else do this? Is it in any way detrimental to the original profile?

If not, does anybody know of any other GREAT profiles that have a great sounding V30 cab on it that I can steal to try with the M. Britt XTC profiles?

One more thing, how do I save cabs as presets so I can put them on different profiles?

I'm not that this really makes sense.
    A real cab will always act als a locked coloration parameter.
    If you like how your cab sounds I'd say stick with it.
    If you want to move more towards Michael Britt's sound try a swap.

I do like how it sounds but I'd also like a bit more parity between the tones coming from my real cabinet and the DI'd tone.

So I always go direct to FOH but when I'm not on in-ears, I like to have my Suhr 1x12 cab with me on stage. It sounds great, projects super well, and still makes my load in really easy.

Question is, do you think I'd benefit from putting the speaker in there that's used for my favourite profiles? It's currently got a WGS Vet 30 in there and whilst it does sound amazing, it does sound different to the the M. Britt profiles that I build the majority of my sounds with sounds with, which I dial in using both full range speakers and IEMs. Wouldn't it make sense to stick a CL80, as Britt uses, in my cab to get a similar set of tones from the real cab as out front? I don't run the cab modelling to the cabinet FWIW.

Cheers

Makes sense.

I actually tweaked my setup a bit - I was using a high capacitance cable that was sucking highs once I A/B'd it with a few others, plus I realised I wasn't using my buffer at the front end (recently jigged my setup about a bit) - and I found exactly what I was after. I think if I were playing an Anderson Cobra with P90s I'd struggle to tell much difference aside from the obvious in attack.

I too have noticed Andy's profiles are a bit bright. If by Andy you mean TAF that is.

So I've downloaded two of the M Britt packs and I think they sound tremendous. Only thing is, when I listen to his clips and compare to what I'm getting, his are a bit brighter. Now I know he profiles with the Anderson Cobra with P90s so they're tweaked for that, so does anybody else find that they're slightly upping the treble and presence when using humbuckers with his profiles?

Also, I couldn't have changed any other settings that are making it slightly darker, could I?

I'm quite sure it's just my guitars are darker than his, and that's causing the *slight* discrepancies, but I thought I'd check!

For this application you should look at merged profiles. With merged profiles you get the best of both worlds, you can use a FRFR monitor, in-ears or a guitar cab on stage while sending the full (mic'd) sound to the mains. In any case you can expect really good results, I'd say 90-99% as accurate as the real thing depending on the quality of the profile.

My second choice would be Direct Amp (DA) profiles with 3rd party CAB's or imported IR's, these are not as accurate as merged profiles but I've got some really good results and this method gives you a lot more options because you have a lot more CAB's to choose from.

How do I know if I'm using merged profiles? I currently have the cab sims off for my cab and the master volume only affects the cab, whilst I have the full on modelled sound going to FOH.

So having owned the Kemper for a week, I already can't imagine a scenario where I won't use it. I love it!

I've been playing it mainly DI'd into my monitors at home and I've used it on a few gigs where I've DI'd to the desk an used in-ears and it sounds tremendous. It also sounds great through my Suhr 1x12 cab, albeit different. I'm wondering if those of you who occasionally use both - I'm thinking the scenario where I might not be going through the PA on some gigs, jams etc - do you set up patches for use with just your cab as well as the DI ones?

What I mean is, do you tend to have a separate bank for patches dialled in for DI/in-ears and patches dialled in specifically for the cabinet?

So I downloaded TAF's Tiny Terror pack to complete a session today and encountered a weird problem. When I create a sound with one of the amp profiles, whenever I go to save it and then recall it, it's as if the amp block is turned off and I'm only hearing the EQ and the cab? I can only get it back by browsing through the amps and selecting that profile again and re-dialling in the sound. I've only found this to happen with that one profile.

Has anybody encountered anything similar and have any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Hey guys,

I'm quite sure that this question has been asked before but I can't quite find my specific question so I figured I'd ask and get a quick answer.

Basically, my input LED is clipping when I'm on my bridge hum but not on the other pickups, whether it's a neck hum on my PRS or the single coils on my Strat. The amount of red is minimal, only when I hit hard but I'm guessing I shouldn't see any? I also have a J. Rockett Archer sitting before the Kemper that, when I engage, enhances the amount of red I see in the input LED by a little.
    Generally I'll use the humbucker only on dirty sounds, but I'll use the single coils on clean to full gain.

What do I need to do to remedy this? I'm guessing it's something to do with Clean/Distortion Sense? Will it change the tone somewhat when I do change it?

Cheers