Posts by Morph

The aux inputs are in the output section of rig manager underneath the spdif output. Make sure they’re all set to zero.
    I had accidentally turned mine on while trying to scroll up and down through the menus using the touchpad on my mac because the cursor was over the aux input controls when I scrolled.

It sort of was. As I was scrolling through the output sections in rig manager on the mac, the cursor was over the aux settings and instead of scrolling down the outputs, I inadvertently turned on the auxes. I just had to roll them off again. Burkhard got back to my query really quickly. Thanks so much for your prompt responses as well

Hi all, am on the public beta 8.0.3.27302B and have been using a boss synth in the effects loop. This stopped working this evening and it displays the message “Effect loop not possible! Aux input is used. Any ideas?

So, with the caveat that I am not a high-gain player, I tried out about a dozen profiles from this pack. I jammed for about an hour trying out different rigs from about 0-3 or 4 bars of gain, occasionally straying into 5 (I know, heady territory...). So far, a huge thumbs up. More when I have more time.

good enough for me man, to the Britt shop I go

As a total outside bet, but while you’re experimenting, I use wegen picks M200 mandolin picks. They’re big but the bevel is great and as I play with the ‘wrong’ end of the pick, they really suit me.

That's my way of thinking as well, if you believe you sound awesome, then you'll play awesome, your sound reinforces your ego or something like that... Maybe it's just 'cause I grew up in the '80s

I suppose I’m a bit of both. I ended up doing lots of gigs with in ears and the KPA was the least worst solution to that. I also spent a good 6 months wrestling with it on smaller gigs however nowadays I can plug into anything FRFR, and get a sound I really like Including my own DXR10 or a battered Roland keyboard amp in the rehearsal rooms. In other matters I’m with Spikey, as long as I don’t have to use the new stuff, my relatively Luddite workflow still functions. Having said that, I just love the delays and reverbs.

Curiosity question...

How important is knowing what amp is being profiled? Is it vital to know what amp is making the sound you are hearing or is just hearing a great sound enough? I mean, most profilers already change the names so as not to infringe on copyrights. Is it just in the "knowing" the amp brand/model or do you just listen to the tone with no care about what amp it is?

for me not really. It’s a good place to start looking but I really only care about the sound. I did a Larry Carlton cover with an English profile and to my knowledge, he hasn’t used them and the Metheny cover was from something completely different although I believe he now uses a KPA and enjoys it. I also trust your brand, the tones make sense to me.

care to tell us which one!? Great playing and tone all around the room.

Yup, it's from the variety performance and is the songwriting/big patch. I changed the delay to single and rolled off the guitar tone. I tend to hover around performances mainly and it's another reason why I love this pack.

From a different perspective of low production values, this is a repurposed song writer rig from the 2020 pack. Live into an old Roland keyboard amp.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have different performances for different bands or situations. My main performance has clean, boosted clean, crunch, rock and screaming lead with morph to boost each rig for solos. I have separate performances for jazz gigs, acoustic gigs I do occasionally with my daughter (Bert Meulendijk profiles, one with a fabulous natural reverb and one with the Crystal Church delay that I have become addicted to) and one for my Boss SY1 peel with no amp and the pedal on a the fx loop. I also have the same edgy delay rig, in different performances with different tempos. My other delays are quarter notes with tap tempo activated.

A Larry Carlton tune using an MBritt Plexi from the 2020 pack

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thanks for that, I couldn’t remember where they had put it.

I have a similar setup but with a 6i6.

1. Connect the KPA to your interface using the spdif cables. On my setup these default to inputs 5 and 6 in Logic.

2. In Logic setup the track input to come from 5 and 6 or whatever the relevant number is for your interface, this might be different

3. Set Logic track output to stereo

4. Go to Logic/preferences/audio and make sure that the interface you have is chosen here.

5. Go to logic/recording settings and check the sample rate of the project, it will need to match the setting in the output section of the KPA

6. go to the software for your interface and set the sample clock to spdif.

7. Go to the output section of the KPA clock and set the appropriate sample rate.

8. Attach the speakers to the main outs on your interface.