Posts by Jburd77

The saga continues. Even after replacing it with a brand new EP1, I still cannot switch. Just emailed Mission back and forth about 10 times with troubleshooting and I am setting it all up according to the instructions. Still no switching.

Guy at Mission said to contact Kemper support. Said I may have to do a factory reset. Has anyone else had an issue with their kemper not recognizing an exp pedal???

can you test the switch is working with something else? Say as a channel switch on a regular amp for example. It sounds like the switch in the Mission pedal is broken. I had a broken switch in mine too and had to change it.

Yea I tried it with everything. I do believe the switch isn't working. Brand new. What a bummer. Oh well. Back to guitar center.

In fact, after no avail with the wah switch for Stomp B, I set it to any other stomp on/off. Tried to switch drive pedal in Stomp C. Nope. Set it to X. Nope. I bought a brand new TRS stereo cable. So I'm assuming it's not the cable.

Here is how mine is setup

Mission
    out 1 with TRS cable into Remote pedal 5 input. System settings - Pedal 5 , pedal type 1, Function / Wah Pedal

Mission out 2 with TS cable into Remote pedal 6 input. System settings for - Pedal 6, Mode Mono Switch, Switch tip A on/off. My wah is located in Stomps A spot, you can put it wherever you like and just change this designation.

Calibrate both pedals

Thanks. This is how I set mine up. I tried the back of the kemper 1 and 2. Then tried 5 and 6 on the remote. Calibrate for me is on whether I hit the soft button or not (latest firmware).

So im not sure what I'm doing wrong. Unless I'm not supposed to use a guitar cable in OUT2. That's a mono cable so I assume that's fine??

Hi all. I'm sure this thread has been covered multiple times but I need some help. I saw one thread but it didn't answer my question.

I've set up the pedal just like the Mission setup pamphlet and according to the accompanying YouTube video. The guy seems to skip over some key steps, so when he sets it up, everything is working. My switch will not activate any FX block.

I want a simple passive volume and switch for wah.

TRS cable OUT1>Exp1 input on back of Kemper

Mono cable OUT2>Exp2

Pedal one - mono switch, Function - wah

Pedal two - can't remember now cuz I got mad and unplugged it all lol. But it was exactly as the guide describes

On the Mission YouTube video, he does not go into detail about the Wah>Volume et al buttons on the previous page in the System menu. But no amount of toggle lets me operate my switch. He does not detail what to set the bypass to in the FX block. But the only way to get the wah to work is to set it to ON.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW I already had a Mission SP1, which also wouldn't work. I bought the KP thinking it would be much more integrated...

Thanks!

Thanks for all the responses, everyone.

I was able to get a pleasing tone with my strat just now by adjusting Clarity and Definition to varying degrees depending on the profile. Gigging tonight so we'll see how it goes. But based off what I was just hearing, it should sound pretty darn good. I think Silverface is hip to what I'm talking about tho. I've switched from hums to singles all my life thru real tube amps and I've never heard a sound difference like what I've experienced so far with the KPA. It's not the typical sound we all know and expect to hear. It's more than the natural and expected changes in volume, gain, frequency, hum, clarity, etc. It sounds like an issue with the algorithms or firmware or something.

In other words, I don't think a real Divided By 13 would sound phenomenal with a Les Paul and then harsh and metallic and somewhat fake with a Strat, even with the same settings. But that was/is the case with my M Britt Div 13 model. Hopefully the clarity and definition tweaks will root that sound out.

Thanks for all the input!

Hopefully I can resurrect this thread. I am also having trouble going from hums to singles. Running my Carvin CT6 with humbuckers thru the Kemper sounds godly. When I switch to my strat, I hear what Drandall probably best described as an algorithm issue. Where the humbuckers are smooth and defined, I get this harsh almost metallic sound using my Strat on the same profiles (Top Jimi and M Britt). This bugs me, because my ears have always heard single coils as sounding smoother than humbuckers thru a tube amp because they aren't pushing the amp so much, especially on gain. Not many people seem to hear this on the Kemper. But its a drastic difference for me when switching to my strat or tele.

Anyone found the magic formula?

No, the LEDs are in the green. It's a harsh, metallic background distortion that kinda leaks out when I hit notes really hard. Hard to describe. Not really clipping. Only on certain pushed clean profiles. Haven't updated to the latest FW. I wonder if that would do away with it?

Thanks, everyone. It was user error ;)

I get sounds in seconds that are far better than what I could conjure up on the Axe Fx with hours and hours of tweaking. So yeah, I'm definitely happy!

New to Kemper and I'm loving it.

On certain profiles, like M Britt's 13 FT37 2.0 (divided by 13 profile), I get a real harsh, not so musical breakup when I dig in, mostly when I chicken pick. A 65 deluxe profile from Top Jimi does it too. These are otherwise excellent sounding profiles. It tends to happen when the gain is dialed up a bit (-3.0ish).

Anyone else notice this? Running KPA + Matrix GT1000fx + FR212

Thanks

Thanks for the tips and for the file, skoczy

Thank you, Raoul. I've been setting it back to slot 1 these last few times I've shut down and haven't had an issue. Upon powering on this morning (before I posted initially) and switching to Performance, my Soldano lead slot had been saved over my Deluxe reverb slot. I remember scrolling thru each slot and returning to my clean patch and it was still set to the SLO sound. It's happened twice now :(

Hi everyone,

New to the Kemper. Jumped ship from a full Axe Fx II rig and couldn't be happier. I am having some small issues.

1. Sometimes when I reboot and go to Performance mode, my first clean setting (slot 1) is replaced by my Solo 1 setting (slot 4). I know I am not changing the Deluxe Reverb on my clean setting to a Soldano and saving it! Anyone else having this issue? I was on Slot 4 before shutting down last night. Is it necessary to go to Slot 1 before shutting down???

2. How do I recover a deleted effect? I accidentally deleted Pure Solo Boost (I believe), thinking it would just take the effect block off. And having said that, how do you simply take an effect off the preset?

Thanks!

Justin