Rig unexpectedly changes

• Hi everyone,

New to the Kemper. Jumped ship from a full Axe Fx II rig and couldn't be happier. I am having some small issues.

1. Sometimes when I reboot and go to Performance mode, my first clean setting (slot 1) is replaced by my Solo 1 setting (slot 4). I know I am not changing the Deluxe Reverb on my clean setting to a Soldano and saving it! Anyone else having this issue? I was on Slot 4 before shutting down last night. Is it necessary to go to Slot 1 before shutting down???

2. How do I recover a deleted effect? I accidentally deleted Pure Solo Boost (I believe), thinking it would just take the effect block off. And having said that, how do you simply take an effect off the preset?

Thanks!

Justin

• Welcome to forum mate.

1. Can't answer since I don't use Performance

2.1 I think you cannot delete stomp, you have deleted the stomp preset called "BOOST Pure Solo" - try importing it. File is attached - download, unzip, place in your KPA formatted USB stick in "Shared" folder. Plug the USB stick to Kemper and use 3rd soft button (External Storage) placed above LCD to Import the file.
    2.2 The known way to take off the effect from the Stomp is to turn Turn type knob and keep turining it left until you reach very beginning and press EXIT.

You will need to use an empty USB stick in order to transfer the files from your Mac or PC to the Profiler for the first time. The USB stick should be pre-formatted with file system FAT32. When you connect the USB stick for the first time, the Profiler will format it to ensure maximum reliability. Please be aware that formatting a USB stick will delete
    all the data on it! A USB stick that has been formatted by the Profiler will contain the folders “Backups”, “OS update”, and "Shared".

Cheers

• Thanks for the tips and for the file, skoczy

Thank you, Raoul. I've been setting it back to slot 1 these last few times I've shut down and haven't had an issue. Upon powering on this morning (before I posted initially) and switching to Performance, my Soldano lead slot had been saved over my Deluxe reverb slot. I remember scrolling thru each slot and returning to my clean patch and it was still set to the SLO sound. It's happened twice now :(

• Thanks, everyone. It was user error ;)

I get sounds in seconds that are far better than what I could conjure up on the Axe Fx with hours and hours of tweaking. So yeah, I'm definitely happy!

• I had the same problem at rehearsal last night. Slot 1 in performance I , loaded up with my slot 3 Britt Marshall profile instead of the Fender Super loaded in the slot. This has happened sporaticlly several times now.
    After switching performances and slots back and forth several times and rebooting I could finally get it to load correctly.
    I'm going to take an empty dongle with me and maybe I can capture it in this state and send it to Kemper. Very confusing

• Same Here! It seems like after pulling the power plug the first slot is overwritten by the last active slot before shutting down. I had this quite a few times now. Did this just stop to happen one day or did you do something special?

• Same Here! It seems like after pulling the power plug the first slot is overwritten by the last active slot before shutting down. I had this quite a few times now. Did this just stop to happen one day or did you do something special?

do you switch your Profiler off using the chicken head or do you literally cut the power off with an external switch etc? also, which Profiler Software version are you using?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Same here - my first rig will change in performance mode to one I've previously used before shutting down, even after a 'safe' power down (with the chicken knob). It may be related to whether I've modified that rig before shut down (not sure). Note this has happened to me through several different versions (not the latest beta or latest 3.30 version), and it's just one of those things I have learned to live with...

• I also used the chickenknob and did a "clean shutdown" and pullend the poweplug about half an hour later. This always happens when I take it from home to the rehearsal and back again. Every time the Kemper is not plugged to power for a few hours.
    As far as I know, I'm running the latest firmware, I will check the exact version tomorrow.