Posts by 10w73

Change to someone else that can make this work. You should not be satisfied with developers who can't make their software run on Ipads and Iphones. This is 2016. And ALL other boards i have ever been on do not have this problem, so seriously, the software solution you use is.....ahem......moderating my language here.....below par. Very.

To be honest, to my mind he's absolutely right.

That's not against you, Kemper People, not at all! The forum developers should immediately fix this.
    It's a little like the early nineties called and they wanted their buggy non-mobile software back. :D

As I said: absolutely no offense against the mothership!

Cheers

This refers to having the simulated cab on through main outputs but off through your physical cab. This is essential for live use! You don't wanna have a simulated cab being played through your real cab but you of course wanna have that simulated cab on through your main outs which go into the FOH or whatsoever.
    Having the cab off through the main outs would only send the amp to the mixer and this wouldn't sound right. You can easily test this by plugging in a headphone or connect some speakers to the main outs and turn the whole cab block off.

I hope I got your question right. What is your setup and what do you wanna achieve exactly?

Cheers, mate and welcome to the family!

I think the Kemper can do that with overdrive pedals now, if I'm correct. Sadly, I've never tried profiling anything, figuring that any mediocre amp I can get my hands on and tweak will be now better, probably worse than some of the 100 profiles that can be found free or for a small fee for virtually every amp ever made. But since overdrive pedals can be profiled with an amplifier, couldn't you just take a profile of your favorite Od and skip the amp? If so, all you'd need is a second Kemper (a mere $2000 I know) and put all your overdrive profiles in it. Then run the signal out the send and into the second Kemper that's used for amp profiles. But yes, a dedicated stomp box profiler would be a cool, especially if in a pedal format.

This would be even simpler, having a second Kemper. A Kemper is capable of profiling a second Kemper. This means you could fire up your loved rigs, place a pedal of your choice in front of it and profile it with your second Kemper. Afterwards you got your rig with and without the pedal and there would be no need for carrying that second Kemper around.

That's plenty cool, right?

Does the

Koch attenuator

got a "cab sim"? Maybe this interferes? Often these load boxes like some DIs got some kind of EQ curves which can be turned off or stuff like that. Otherwise check the levels and check your connections. It should be wired exactly like you'd wire it when profiling with a mic except the load box' out goes where the mic would go. Be aware that this won't sound like the mic'd amp. The load box got it's own sound!

You need to have the boost pedal post the amp section. To do this, place it in a loop of the Kemper in the X or Mod slot. If you have it before the amp, it will not result in as great a volume boost as after the amp and will also change your gajn structure to boot.

This! It's exactly like boosting a tube amp. Boosting the input will mostly result in more gain except the signal and amp are really, really clean and not cranked up. Use the loop like you'd normally do.

This would require a midi start/stop message to be transmitted, which the Kemper cannot do as yet. It is one of the feature requests that have been made.

Thanks, mate. Good to know. As I said I've never worked with midi so far but this would be an interesting application for me. Hopefully they'll make that happen. I also like what @Grooguit said. Some kind of "effect" that would enable midi functionality for the remote would be awesome to my mind.

Ok I trust you, I don't own any so I ant judge. It's just a feeling that I'd rather go for a black rigid plastic one than a plywood. I didn't know they were custom made tho
    cheers

Nice to hear. Thank you! Yes, they are custom made indeed. They got a few in stock if they are ordered frequently but most often it took them about two weeks to deliver since they will be built especially for you.That's why you can order any changes to the design or get cases they don't even offer on their page. It's really cool. It's like please make it thicker or please add feet or I want a leather handle or anything you can imagine and of course the measurements aren't fixed ether. They'll built a road case for your smartphone or for a six-pack of beer if you ask them to. 8)

You can call them and get exactly what you're after. They've got an English speaking department, too. Give it a try! :D

IMO this case looks good for home to rehearsals and local gigs but I'd not put that into a cargo bay. I remember having read something on Michael Britt's website, he flies his toaster and remote and his case looks way tougher. Check his website and get in touch with him
    cheers

I own some Thon cases and I totally trust them. Why wouldn't you put that into a cargo bay? They are really well made and since they are custom made you could call Thomann, explain your fears and ask for an even stronger one!

So I did what you said, I turned the Cab simulation off, and now it sounds great! After turning the Kemper off and on again I now have all of the FX and tones working

That's awesome. I like to hear that I was helpful! Now go say goodbye to your family and friends and watch the hours pass as you experience this great piece of gear.

Feel free to ask further questions and maybe edit the title of this thread and put a little [SOLVED] at the end. :D8)

Cheers, mate!!

Absolutely! The cab is perhaps the biggest influens of the tone of a rig.
    I have a couple of cabs that I have saved from some great profiles, both commercial and free, that I often use when I find a profile that feels promising but lacks something extra.

If it sounds good, it is good, right?

That's right. I got some awesome cabs that to my ears sound better than others in every situation. I use them with merged and studio profiles and always like them.
    As always: Trust your ears! :D
    It's really all about that. If you like it, use it and you won't be wrong. There is no reference, no good, no awesome and no standard guitar tone. When the tone you like fits your needs i. E. plays well with your band's sound or plays well with your recordings, you've done everything right. ;)

If you wanna use a cab you have to use the speaker out. That's the powered output and it'll blast your ears! ;)

Monitor out and the main outs are for i. E. plugging the Kemper into your mixer, interface or connect it to powered speakers or monitors.

But: Don't connect your powered output (speaker output) into your Blackstar amplifier except you can just use its cabinet on its own. The celestion speaker isn't killing the tone, the celestion speaker is awesome. ;) What kills your tone is your amp! You are trying to play the Kemper which already is an amplifier through another amplifier. Even if you use your clean channel it will color the tone and that is what's "killing" your sound. It's like playing your Blackstar amp through a i. E. Fender amp. It'll sound like something but not like your Blackstar. That's why your Kemper through your Blackstar won't sound like the Kemper itself.

If you wanna use a cab (or for what ever reason your Blackstar) make sure to check the output settings and select "monitor cab off". If you don't you'll hear the already simulated cab and the amp through your real cab or amp and cab which isn't recommended unless you like that sound for what ever reason.

Get a guitar cab you like or get some good monitors or use a single bigger monitor like i. E. the Yamaha DXR-10 oder DXR-12.

Talking about volume: If you wanna use your Blackstar even if it's not recommended and won't sound like what you want it to sound you should be able to achieve a stage volume. Are you sure you tweaked the right settings? How exactly have you connected it to your Blackstar? Does it have a dedicated aux-in or do you have it connected to the standard guitar input or something else?

Let us know if you have been successful!
    Welcome to the family!