Posts by Trigun

Allow me a stupid question:
    How do you guys attach the Player to your boards? A little velcro tape on the corners?

I used the velcro that came with the Metro16 and taped it in the corners and on some other parts while trying to avoid covering the middle vent and the qr code.

But by doing that it’s not really fixed very tight and a bit wobbly. It won’t fall off unless you hold the board upside down and shake it 😅

That said 3M dual lock is the better choice as tsachou already said

And another thing.... how would you achieve dual amp setup with the Player + Power rack?

I assume that I would plug my guitar into the power rack and would use direct out (set to Git) --> to input Player. XLR on both devices would go to FOH.

If I would want to monitor the dual amp setup via headphones (at home for instance, or IEM setup), I assume that the main out (TS) on the Player would then need to be connected to the alternate input on the Power rack, so I can set the mix?

Would that be correct?

I want to get the rigs from my power rack onto the Player. According to ToneJunkie you can export the rigs in a performance. I'm not seeing anywhere in RigManager how to do this. Any ideas?

edit: nevermind.... I need to click on the rigs when in performance view and then export....and not right-click the entire performance :D

KEMPER support has offered to you a repair of your defective front panel. These issues could be related. If the PROFILER fails, it might not be able to manage the Remote appropriately.

Remotes are very stable except either the Remote, the cable or the PROFILER is broken or a third party cable is used, that doesn't really meet the documented specifications. Hardware defects are statistically rare but can happen.

Correct, but that was related to the encoder issues. I’ll ship it for repair after I receive the Player. 🤘

I have exactly the same problem. It started occurring the same time as I started experiencing issues with my remotes’s connectivity. I sometimes have to plug the remote cable in 3 times before it reads the profiler head. The brightness of the remote display was affected since then. I have not found the solution yet but will log a support call soon. I keep putting it off as I dread having to send the Kemper in for repairs from South Africa as I have no replacement while its gone!

Did you find any solution? Kemper support didn't really have a solution either when I logged a ticket.

Hooked the kemper up at home yesterday, no issues. So it was the venue after all.

I'm running my Line6 Relay90 for the past 12 years and never had issues before. I do believe that I powered down my Relay 90, and the squeeling was still happening. Might be time to consider a backup amp lol

Hey all,

So yesterday we did a gig at a big venue, and when I was done setting up my kemper, I hooked up my guitar, and the kemper squeeled like a dying pig....

I'm not talking guitar feedback here, but a high-pitched interference-like squeeling. It was also doing it wihtout anything connected to the input.

Best of all, we run 3 kempers, and the kemper of the other guitarist did exactly the same thing!

The only solution, luckily, was to set the noise gate to +10, or we wouldn't have been able to play at all. (noise gate is usually set to +2 or +3)

I've done loads and loads of gigs, from small ones with shitty power-lines, to headliner stuff on big stages and not even once did we encounter what happened yesterday.

I'm pretty sure if I power on the kemper now, it will just work fine (as it did two days before during rehearsal).

Could bad mains power cause this behaviour? Or something with the XLR cables going to the FOH? I actually should've removed the XLR cables from the Kemper to see it that was the cause, but we were in a hurry to set up and start the gig.

But “power hungry remote” does not apply. It works perfectly with another kemper.
    and “slightly weaker kpa” neither, as it works perfect with another remote.

That’s the thing: only my remote + my kpa is resulting in weak led lights on the remote.

My kpa + another remote = perfect

My remote with another kpa = perfect

My kpa + my remote = dim leds on my remote ?

So at yesterday's rehearsal, I saw that the led diode's (and LCD screen) of my remote were a lot less bright than the ones on the two other remotes (bassplayer and other guitarist).

I mean, the difference is actually huge. In bright sunlight they would probably be barely visible.

We did some testing, and here is the baffling part:

my kemper + my ethernet cable + my remote --> dim leds/lcd screen

my kemper + another ethernet cable + my remote --> dim leds+lcd screen

my kemper + my ethernet cable + another remote --> bright leds/lcd screen (so it's not the PoE of my kemper)

another kemper + my ethernet cable + my remote --> bright lights/lcd screen (so it's not my remote either!)

So as you can see, the issue is really the combination of my remote with my kemper.

Went to system settings and everything is set correctly regarding remote brightness and such.

The other kemper were my remote is working correctly on, has the same OS as mine.

No idea where to start looking for a solution :/