Posts by Smitty

I happen to have a freshly serviced Magnatone 210 (with the vibrato feature). Currently missing a speaker but it now has an external speaker jack. Lots of fun through a good 212. Very cool amp indeed.

Thanks all, for the brainstorm!

The clicks aren't regular, per se (i.e. they are non-rhythmic), but happen at least every few seconds or so, fairly constantly.

I don't think it could be originating in Logic, because they're registering on the input meters on my interface... which to me indicates they're originating "upstream" if you will.

And I'm also recording with microphones and virtual instruments, and the issue only happens when I'm monitoring or recording the KPA.

I've got time set aside today to do some more demoing, I'll see if I can get a recording to post.

Searched and didn't find anything like this issue exactly, so I thought I'd ask.

Was doing some writing/demo recording with the Kemper tonight and I noticed that I'm getting some constant, soft (but very audible on a quieter track) cracks and pops coming down the line from the Kemper into my DAW.

Was getting them regardless of rig/noise gate setting/guitar volume/output volume, etc... i.e. I could zero the Output volume from the guitar and the Kemper and they were still occurring.

Saw them on the meters on my interface and in the DAW, so I know it's happening somewhere before then.

Signal Chain was dead simple:

Guitar --> (Brand new, quality) Cable --> KPA --> Main Outs (L&R) ---> MOTU 828 Mk3 (Rear inputs) --> USB Cable --> Macbook Pro (Logic Pro X)

Please note I'm not going out via SPDIF (although maybe I should be). I know there was a similar issue around that arrangement.

My assumption at the moment is dirty power, but the Kemper is pretty much brand new, so I'd like to rule out any functionality issues with it. We're in an apartment community, so I can only assume the power is less than "clean". I've got the Kemper plugged into a pretty decent surge protector, but don't have any sort of AC filtering device in use (although I've been planning to get a Furman anyways M-X82 for this very purpose).

Has anyone else experienced any issues like this? Any other things I should be checking? ?(

Thanks!

So I just became a first time Fender Jaguar owner (mid-90's Japanese Thinline, hubba hubba), and I'm kinda blown away by how dramatically different this thing sounds than any other guitar I've ever played.

I've owned and played a lot of different kinds of guitars, and this one is by far the "most different" in terms of the sounds it gets. It's kind of like playing a time machine? Very woody and percussive. It's like it WANTS to play weird 60's psych-rock and spaghetti western stuff. Within 10 minutes of plugging it in last night I found myself playing licks and riffs I'd never played before. Neat experience.

As I'm coming to terms with the fact that this thing is a total "plunk-and-jangle box" (in a good way), I'm wondering if anybody out there who has a Jag could recommend some profiles that might sound especially good with it?

I have one. It is indeed a great amp (but a lot of people dismiss them because it doesn't have tubes).

Don't have the capacity to profile right now but when I do I'll try to prioritize this one.

Smitty,
    According to your list you have the remaining profiles I need except for the Trace Elliott and the Panama amps, if you do have them would you mind zipping and posting those I'm missing? I'm not looking for all models of each amp, just one for now and will build upon as I go as well! Anything you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

The list I'm keeping is amps that don't yet have profiles, sorry. I don't have access to any special profiles that others don't (if I did, I'd put them up on the RE lickety-split).

Just spent the last hour playing the hell out of the SUNN Beta Lead profiles. SO GOOD.

With a Pure Boost on the higher gain ones, this is by far the best "stoner-correct" fuzz tone I've gotten from the Kemper thus far. Big, meaty slabs of fuzzrocious goodness.

Thanks again!

Joachim, you are my HERO! There's a mighty sore lack of SUNN-y goodness in Kemper-land. Thank you for doing your part to alleviate it!

:thumbup:

Hello Oraakkeli,

Been following this thread for a good while but just got my Kemper (and full forum access) this weekend.

So now I can properly thank you for making such great profiles of unique amps, and sharing them freely! Profiles like yours are the exact reason I decided to purchase a Profiler in the first place. Once I get the opportunity to profile some of my rarer amps, I will try and follow your example.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Those 4 days in shipping seem longer than regular days. Great time to read the Deeper View manual and watch the tutorial videos. Then when it arrives, you'll be ready to plug in and go.

Will do!

Although I should say it will be arriving today (benefits of living one state over from the Sweetwater warehouse). I don't even have to wait long!

So I took some quality advice (thanks, paults) and ordered my Kemper today through Sweetwater (after having my sales rep price match today's 15% off Musicians Friend sale).

Went for the unpowered rack with remote, should be arriving tomorrow (in time for the weekend!).

Was a little on the fence about getting the remote, but I figured since it has somewhat limited availability as a separate item it would be hard to get a discount on it if I did decide I wanted one down the road.

Just a little bit about me, in case anyone is dying to know:

• Early 30's American (midwestern) male.
    • Creative professional by trade (designer).
    • Been playing guitar (if you can call what I do playing) since I was 13. Also muck around with bass and various other instruments.
    • Lifelong music lover with a deep affection and appreciation for a wide variety of styles and genres. Favorites include: folk, lo-fi, ambient, doom/sludge, funk & soul, bluegrass, drone, grindcore, experimental, garage-rock, post-rock, various strains of world music... the list goes on.
    • Self-taught DIY recording enthusiast. Especially enjoy weird and homemade instruments/sounds.
    • Been in some fun bands, founded/ran a small record label for a short time.
    • Took some time off music when I bought a small rural farm property in 2009, but now I'm back and looking to get back into music in a more focused way.

My initial experience on these forums has been tremendous. Can't wait to get to know you all better, and heaven help you all once I get access to the full forums. :thumbup: