Posts by mirkin

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have tested with multiple cables and speakers and it still happens. As I stated before I don't use any volume or expression pedal.

In any case the problem has progressed. It started happening all the time. Then, a week ago, the power amp went completely belly up. So it was a hardware issue all along. Kemper support agree with this diagnosis. A complete pain in the arse.

Kemper support asked me to see if the volume was down on the line level 'monitor out' jack when the volume collapses from the power amp speaker output. Luckily the problem occurred and I can now confirm that the line level 'monitor out' was NOT effected ie it was at a normal level whilst all the volume had dropped from the power amp speaker output.

Unfortunately the problem occurred again then ten minute later righted itself. The logical conclusion is that it must be a hardware controller issue. Such a downer as this means the amp will have to go back to Germany

After searching the forum, it seems that this issue has raised its head many times. Many commentators think it is related to the linking of the various outputs to the master volume control (using the options on the output settings pages).

So I have un-linked ALL outputs from the master volume to see if this helps. Will send an update

Hi

My Kemper Power Head has developed a really worrying issue over the 6 weeks.

It randomly loses nearly all volume via the powered speaker output. It is a global problem and does not seem related to any profile. When it occurs, virtually all volume disappears leaving a tiny amount of volume. The line level 'monitor out' is UNAFFECTED when this happens - meaning there is no corresponding volume loss.

If you turn it up really high the volume does increase buts sounds wobbly and distorted. The dipslay and other controls are all normal. When you turn it off, it usual happy goodbye pop is replaced by a weak fizz. On one occasion it happened as soon as I powered it on ... again with a very sickly fizz sound.

I am using a Kemper remote but no volume pedal or any morphing.

Rebooting *nearly* always fixes it - until it goes wrong again ... which is one in every three sessions. I have a gig coming up and am really worried.

I'm running the latest OS 5.5.2. I had been running the spring reverb beta - Kemper told me to back out to a full version to see if that helps. Unfortunately it makes no difference.

Has anyone else seen this problem recently or even better have a solution?

Same issue raised before:

random loss of volume

Sudden Volume (Monitor Out) Issue

Sudden Output Level Drop - Main Output

Power amp volume drops

Best wishes,

Simon

Hi

My new Kemper Powerhead immediately blows the 5A socket fuse when I activate the Power Amp via the Output options. Has anyone else seen this issue or have a solution?

The precise sequence of events were:

1. New Kemper arrives and I start using via headphones / DAW / Computer
    2. I connect the Kemperto an Orange 16 Ohm cab. then active the Poweramp via the output options. There is a noticeable click ...some servo I guess. It works great
    3. I deactivate the Poweramp to save power and revert to use my headphones
    4. I connect up a brand new 8 ohm Zilla cab
    5. I activate the power amp -servo click, fut BANG! 5A socket fuse blows
    6. I replace the fuse - disconnect the cab and power on the Kemper. I notice the Power Amp setting has reverted to off.
    7. I turn down the master volume to 0.
    8. I activate the power amp - BANG! (NB Cab disconnected)

Very disappointing. Anybody got any clues?

S :)